Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Mirai SmartDoll Info thread (UPDATED)

baldylox
That's great news. I just ordered a short Mirai wig.

Danny said that he'll be offering the air stand, optional hands and extra clothing in January. Can't wait to order the air stand and hands.

I saw that short wig in the email and I'd love to get one, I just wish I had some money right now. And I'm all over that air stand and the thumbs up/down hands! I'm super excited about the hands since those were kind of *my* idea. Lemme explain....

When Danny first sold Mirai, he sent emails to buyers saying that if we had any ideas for things for Mirai to please let him know about them. I emailed him and asked him to make those hands because Volks never did for the DD girls. Why wouldn't they? Name me ONE anime or manga where a main character DOESN'T give someone a thumbs up signal? I mean really Volks? WHY didn't you ever make these hands? After explaining this to Danny, he totally agreed and said he'd do his best to figure them out. Seems that making these is VERY difficult due to how they come out of the molds but after a few tries, they managed to get it setup and viola! We have thumbs up/down hands for Mirai! I'm so stoked about getting some for my Mirai..... but I also plan to see if they fit and look good on my DD girls too because if they do, I'll be getting a bunch of them, especially for my Saber Extra.

Any idea what clothing will be coming out in January? I'm guessing it's the cargo pants.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

jadepixel

Ooh, I saw the short wig but it's kinda pricey >.<

I may wait and get it with the hands if possible, at least I could combo shipping that way. Definitely want to try the thumbs up hands! Some cute 'heart' hands would be fun to try, too.

foo
And I'm all over that air stand and the thumbs up/down hands! I'm super excited about the hands since those were kind of *my* idea.

088.gif

kenkong_hk

Here's the two defaults side by side. The DD hand is slightly larger than Mirai's. As for color, the DD hands are a tiny bit lighter than Mirai hands. But not by much.

For the DD hand, it is normal or semi-white color?

Eiko82

Thank you for making the great thumbs up/down hand suggestion, Baldylox. I

Any idea what clothing will be coming out in January? I'm guessing it's the cargo pants.

In the email, Danny said the following : "The Air Stand, extra hand parts, Cargo Pantsu, Frill T-Shirt, Cardigan and Shoes will be delayed until January because I want them to be perfect before shipping."

I think Kizuna is wearing all the items that he mentioned.

15326176193_e839696458_z.jpgAFA 2014 Day 0 by Danny Choo, on Flickr

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

baldylox
For the DD hand, it is normal or semi-white color?

The one I described was the normal skin tone. I don't have any SWS girls to check colors with Mirai.

Thank you for making the great thumbs up/down hand suggestion, Baldylox.

Oh no problem! I'm just happy and amazed Danny said he could do it!

In the email, Danny said the following : "The Air Stand, extra hand parts, Cargo Pantsu, Frill T-Shirt, Cardigan and Shoes will be delayed until January because I want them to be perfect before shipping."

Ahh okay. Thanks for the info and the photo! I want the pants, the stand, the thumbs up hands and maybe the shoes if at all possible. Looks like I best start hiding money now!

Billy

kaisuki

Took the plunge for Mirai ... Now happily waiting for her to arrive. She is so pretty and I love the defaults dhe comes with .

I also ordered the medium bust as optional part. Just wondering if it is harder to change bust part as compared to DD? Any input, preventive measures or advice would be great

I have read that her feet may pose some issues for cover up shoes, does anyone who has smart doll tried any other type of shoes (platform/ sandals)? And whether to buy which (SD10/SD13/SD16) size girl shoes will fit her better?

Thank you

starkitty

I have read that her feet may pose some issues for cover up shoes, does anyone who has smart doll tried any other type of shoes (platform/ sandals)? And whether to buy which (SD10/SD13/SD16) size girl shoes will fit her better?

Thank you

I bought a pair of "Ugg" type boots and they fit Mirai fine - if anything maybe they look a bit large. They don't fall off though. I think the size was SD13 or Dollfie Dream.

I think the problem is the base shoes are high quality and very nicely made, but a tad on the small / tight side for her feet. The shoes are hard to put on.

Youpla

My Mirai is in France and will be at home this evening !

Well not really happy about custom fees

kaisuki

Received Mirai and she is an absolute cutie~

Her shoes are tight but manageable. I have dressed her in her defaults and redress her into something more girly. Definitely a keeper.

Kizuna is now calling out to me to bring her home too. One doll at a time

deadlegato

Waiting to get the email so I can order a clear Mirai. Can't wait. No, really, can't wait. Checking email twice a day!

yLLiS

I ordered her and she's sitting at the post office near my house... across the country right now. ;_;

deadlegato

Those who are getting theirs: How long did it take to get the order email and how long after placing the order did it actually take for her to arrive?

Just curious about what the current wait is

Youpla

I received the mail one month after I sent the reservation form. And one weeks to received Mirai after the order ^^

pkbjcy

Hi All,

I am new to Dolls but i am really happy to get my first Doll from Danny Choo's SmartDoll and i am proud having Kizuna by my side

I am hoping to get help on clothing and shoes accessories option for my Kizuna

Melipuffles

I just got my Mirai a few weeks ago now...she's lovely. ^_^ She's very photogenic and I love posing her, she looks great among my other girls. =)

Mysha

Hi All,

Sorry for a dumb question, but I couldn't find an answer. Where to buy all the extra things for smart doll (short wig, outfits etc)? Is this all in the secret online shop? And what about this expiring access code - isn't it possible to enter the shop again after the code expires? *confused*

Anna

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Cauldroness

All the items are in the same shop as the dolls themselves -- there's basically only one SmartDoll shop for everything. And yes, the code expires! One it's expired, you can't access the shop until Danny emails you the next code. Once you've bought a SmartDoll, Danny will email you a new code each time the shop opens for orders.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Mysha

Thanks for the answer. Now it is more clear to me.

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Cauldroness

Danny opened the shop again, this time for clothes and accessories -- and wow, did anyone notice the prices?!

Cargo Pants - 9,000 yen

Hippie Long-Sleeve Top - 5,000 yen

Canvas Shoes - 9,000 yen

Frill Shirt - 5,000 yen

Smart Air Stand - 9,500 yen

I really wanted both the cargo pants and the air stand, but at those prices, I'll have to skip for the time being...

Eiko82

I did consider ordering some clothing but given those prices and the fact that none of them are a real 'Must Buy' for me, I only ordered the air stand and the Mirai default wig. Couldn't resist the discount on the wig.

Funny thing is that due to the holidays rush, my wig from last month's order period only arrived in my country today. Haven't even received one order and already made another XD

I wonder when Danny will sell the optional hands.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Cauldroness
I wonder when Danny will sell the optional hands.

Maybe I'll get the air stand when the optional hands are available... gives me a bit more time to save up.

Galvatim

Mitsuki and I had an interesting chat about the prices on the new Smart Doll items today. Basically, Danny is doing this initial release for hardcore fans, and hoping to lower prices once he sets up his own factory.

baldylox
Mitsuki and I had an interesting chat about the prices on the new Smart Doll items today. Basically, Danny is doing this initial release for hardcore fans, and hoping to lower prices once he sets up his own factory.

Yep, he and I talked about a few things recently and this was one of them. Once he can have things made closer to him and have more of a hand in the production process, he can save money and then lower the prices a bit. Every time he streamlines a part of this, he drops the pricing bit.

I do agree that some of the items are a bit more than I'm comfortable paying right now. But none of these are going to be one time things so if you don't get the cargo pants or shirts or shoes now, you *should* be able to get them later on and at a possible lower price to boot.

As for the hands, Danny told me those should be ready for sale next month sometime, possibly mid to late Feb if things go as planned. I'm really looking forward to those.

Billy