Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

Averis

Same here! Just got a shipping notice from Volks USA for the second wave. She'll be here Monday! Whooo!

• Like 1

Raine

Waiting, waiting. ;_; I paid in full and I keep checking my email for a notice...hnnngh it's killing meeee!

• Sad 2

---

Astrid (Dollfie Dream Sister Anastasia)

Ana (Dollfie Dream III Towa)

Maddie/Mads (Mini Dollfie Dream f3 DDH-10)

Elise (Dollfie Dream Dynamite 2B)

lardroom

I'm so happy that people are finally getting 2B. She's such an amazing doll.

• Like 1

growcian

My 18-month anxiety is now over.

20200528_185316.jpg.98519b36232df67425fa8ffd69d8fff1.jpg

She's beautiful.

@onion8@

I took a brief look at the box contents after snapping this photo. That's all I've done so far.

I have some plans to take a lot photos of her later but for now, I'm going to cry tears of joy. Excuse me.

@onion30@@onion29@@onion24@

• Like 7

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

Keijogirl

I have never waited this long for a doll haha. I thought my old school soom orders took forever 😆

Its so close, I’m so eager! My split lead said we are 3rd batch, so hopefully soon.

I know I’m only getting her body and gear, but I’m so excited seeing everyone’s 2Bs that I can’t wait to be able to give my girls her stuff 🤣

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

JChiibs

Got my Volks USA shipping confirmation (batch 2) on Thursday. My boy is expected Monday. 😄 I expect he will likely be the last DD I will get for quite some time unless something very unique happens. Like an MDD boy body. Still have one other DD I can't forget and hope to have her some day but not going to mention who because right now is not the time to be egged on by the enablers always lurking in the shadows. XD

~JC

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Keijogirl
21 minutes ago, JChiibs said:

. Still have one other DD I can't forget and hope to have her some day but not going to mention who because right now is not the time to be egged on by the enablers always lurking in the shadows. XD

~JC

You are wise to keep that to yourself enablers can’t wait to present you with all the links to what you can’t has yet 🤣

also congrats on your boy shipping!!!

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Raine

I got my ship notice on Friday. ❤️❤️❤️

She should be here on Tuesday. I've got outfits, wigs, eyes, all ready for her.... 👀 Eighteen months and change, I'll be sending her head off for a new face-up almost immediately but I CANNOT WAITTTT HNGGGH.

Still trying to sell her outfit though, it'll probably be easier when she gets here ^_^ SO EXCITE UGH

---

Astrid (Dollfie Dream Sister Anastasia)

Ana (Dollfie Dream III Towa)

Maddie/Mads (Mini Dollfie Dream f3 DDH-10)

Elise (Dollfie Dream Dynamite 2B)

growcian

...and I am horrified with what I noticed with the 2B I received.

20200530_222212.jpg.39e2362ccdaf0ea671ecc1bee39c996d.jpg

Those splitting cracks...

@onion13@

If I wanted to swap out a bust, due to the shape of the f3 neck joint, I wondered if I would need to use a blow dryer to heat up 2B's neck hole to soften it up a bit. I didn't have to. Her head was loose from the get-go. The cracks explain why. While I can fix this using epoxy glue and epoxy putty, I'm not going to mess around with doing that yet. I reached out to Volks USA asking for assistance on this matter. Let's see what the response is.

My 18-month waiting anxiety was replaced by a different type of anxiety.

@onion11@

• Sad 3

Juxtaposition

@growcian Oh, no! I'm so sorry to see what happend to your 2B! I checked my 9S's head after seeing your post! He looks fine--no cracks or discoloration inside the head. I hope Volks USA can help you!

Edited by Juxtaposition
typo
  • Thanks 1

Juxtaposition

I received 9S yesterday! I like him very much--here he is with the rest of my DD family.

I was surprised to discover he was taller than Miku. Does anyone know how his height compares with 2B? In the game, he's shorter than 2B, and from promo pictures, I got the sense he was also shorter than the 2B Dollfie Dream. Are DDys even taller than DDs? Or maybe it's 2B's high heeled shoes that give her some extra height?

IMG_6325.jpg

• Like 1

cfx
2 hours ago, Juxtaposition said:

[...] no cracks or discoloration inside the head.

I don't have 2B, but I think I've seen that rose color on another one either here or somewhere else. I believe that's not discoloration but overspray from part of the faceup that just goes through the eyeholes and into the head.

1 hour ago, Juxtaposition said:

Are DDys even taller than DDs? Or maybe it's 2B's high heeled shoes that give her some extra height?

According to Volks official measurements, a DD is 570mm while a DDdy is 565mm.

In your picture, it looks like 9S' boots have pretty thick soles maybe?

Edited by cfx

jadepixel
6 hours ago, growcian said:

...and I am horrified with what I noticed with the 2B I received.

20200530_222212.jpg.39e2362ccdaf0ea671ecc1bee39c996d.jpg

Those splitting cracks...

@onion13@

If I wanted to swap out a bust, due to the shape of the f3 neck joint, I wondered if I would need to use a blow dryer to heat up 2B's neck hole to soften it up a bit. I didn't have to. Her head was loose from the get-go. The cracks explain why. While I can fix this using epoxy glue and epoxy putty, I'm not going to mess around with doing that yet. I reached out to Volks USA asking for assistance on this matter. Let's see what the response is.

My 18-month waiting anxiety was replaced by a different type of anxiety.

@onion11@

Oh no! Definitely push for a replacement head if you can get it, that’s the worst cracking I’ve seen in a brand new head T_T

I’ve done a fix for vinyl cracks that’s held up so far - it’s using a vinyl-specific glue that’s applied to a bit of fabric on the crack. I guess this allows for some flex from the vinyl which you may need here. But if Volks will replace it, then you’ll probably have to send them the cracked head anyway. I had to take photos and then return the upper torso frame part from Saber Extra, who was also a long-awaited preorder, so I feel your pain!

• Thanks 1

cfx

I'm no expert on neck cracks, but I don't think I've ever seen ones that long before in the various pictures I've seen. On a new doll I'd want it replaced with cracks at all, but especially in this case because that really seems like either a head defect where the casting was weak in that area, or bad handling in shipping etc.

Edited by cfx

growcian
6 hours ago, Juxtaposition said:

@growcian Oh, no! I'm so sorry to see what happend to your 2B! I checked my 9S's head after seeing your post! He looks fine--no cracks or discoloration inside the head. I hope Volks USA can help you!

18 minutes ago, jadepixel said:

Oh no! Definitely push for a replacement head if you can get it, that’s the worst cracking I’ve seen in a brand new head T_T

I’ve done a fix for vinyl cracks that’s held up so far - it’s using a vinyl-specific glue that’s applied to a bit of fabric on the crack. I guess this allows for some flex from the vinyl which you may need here. But if Volks will replace it, then you’ll probably have to send them the cracked head anyway. I had to take photos and then return the upper torso frame part from Saber Extra, who was also a long-awaited preorder, so I feel your pain!

Thank you both.

I am beyond frustrated right now and the fact I have to wait until Monday at the earliest for a reply, if I even get a response that quickly, has pretty much turned what was supposed to be a happy weekend into an anxiety-filled mess.

@onion4@

• Sad 1

cfx

After seeing that picture inside the head, I am curious about something.

Has anyone looked at how the eyes are made? I know they are resin according to the Volks info, but they're clearly not made like any other resin eyes I've ever seen, as the back of them looks just like how Volks makes acrylic eyes, with a clear cover that goes over the entire surface of the eye.

Cauldroness

They're just regular Volks eyes, same material as the standard DD eyes. Icon was also promoted as having "realistic resin eyes" and they're the exact same material and composition as any other Volks animetics, as far as I can tell.

Most of the time, when people think "resin" eyes, they're thinking polyurethane / urethane eyes like Enchanted, Oscar, Doll Bakery, Mako, etc. These are NOT that kind of eye.

• Thanks 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

cfx

Thanks. I'm not surprised really though it's odd that the marketing materials called them resin and specifically talked about them being non-yellowing.

Looking at a couple of other DD pages now though, I see usually they just say "animetic eye" and this time they said "resin eye" so they never really seem to state they are acrylic normally.

I guess acrylic is technically a resin too. :classic_laugh:

Juxtaposition
7 hours ago, cfx said:

According to Volks official measurements, a DD is 570mm while a DDdy is 565mm.

In your picture, it looks like 9S' boots have pretty thick soles maybe?

@cfx Good observation about the boot soles! :) I measured them, and they're about 1cm with the heel being a teeny bit over 1.5cm. I stood Miku and 9S next to each other both without shoes, and they're about the same height. I'm guessing that 2B's height in some photos might be due to her higher heeled shoes.

TithorArgentus

Still no shipping notice. 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Sad 1

TithorArgentus
3 hours ago, growcian said:

Thank you both.

I am beyond frustrated right now and the fact I have to wait until Monday at the earliest for a reply, if I even get a response that quickly, has pretty much turned what was supposed to be a happy weekend into an anxiety-filled mess.

@onion4@

I really hope you get a response sooner than later, this is a huge deal and I know i'd be absolutely heartbroken :( 

• Thanks 1

cfx
11 minutes ago, Juxtaposition said:

I'm guessing that 2B's height in some photos might be due to her higher heeled shoes.

I couldn't find a good picture of her boots but it looks like they're pretty thick soled as well as having heels so that is likely it. Depending on perspective in pictures, there's also that something may just appear to be taller; in your family picture 9S looks taller than Miku by an amount that's probably more than reality, just due to how he's in front and the perspective.

Looking at your picture again, 9S' head looks tall overall to me. Is the wig maybe not down quite all the way on his head? That would make him effectively taller too.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

Juxtaposition

@cfx I'm not quite sure if the tall-looking head was caused by the wig, the photo, how round Arle and Miku's heads are in comparison--or maybe a bit of all three. 😆 I tried adjusting his wig, though. I think it looks at least a little better at present. 🙂

JChiibs
On 5/30/2020 at 2:24 PM, Keijogirl said:

You are wise to keep that to yourself enablers can’t wait to present you with all the links to what you can’t has yet 🤣

I have been sniped by enablers before. Multiple times. I don't regret any of the DD I ended up with, but right now is certainly not the time for me to look at girls I have no way of getting in the foreseeable future no matter how badly I want to stare at pics of her. It would just be causing myself undue suffering.

It is still surreal that Ollie will be here tomorrow. 😍

~JC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

mayaiincho

Mine should arrive today with my order from Alice's collections. God it's been a long wait. 18 months for 2B and 4 months from Alice's collections. 

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.