Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

Pit
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Unless I am missing something, those are the standard Volks stands. They have always restocked those. 

Nope. You're right. Those are the standard stands volks sells. @Nyx Whitestar Just be careful adjusting the stand size because the securing handle is made of acrylic. At least for me, it seems a little bit fragile. 

8 hours ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

Here I made an instagram story of my 2B unboxing, if anyone is interested:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/18036017641226215/

Nice unboxing! I didn't do and exhaustive search for one, so this comes quite handful for me to decide if buying 2b or not. Ty!

• Like 1

BeyondTime
12 minutes ago, Pit said:

Just be careful adjusting the stand size because the securing handle is made of acrylic. At least for me, it seems a little bit fragile. 

I've never had an issue with them, but they do sell replacements in case people do.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
7 hours ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

Oh I only knew the wooden ones! While I dislike the wooden ones, I really like the metal ones, plus they are perfect for 2B & 9S and matches the Pods 💕

I completely agree with your dislike of the wooden ones; I think they clash with DDs and just look a bit cheesy anyway. But I'm not really a fan of wood trim and such and even with furniture prefer painted or modern styles over wood, generally.

• Like 1

cfx

2B repaint in a more BJD style:

Edited by cfx
replaced instagram with twitter link for larger pics
  • Like 3

Lynn

Wow. That is wonderful. Truly beautiful. Just... Wow. I'm a huge fan of BJD style. 

Poofiemus

That custom 2B is GORGEOUS. Absolutely stunning. 

For the curious, looks like that artist also has a blank picture of 2B:

I'm full Larry the Cucumber right now: I love her lips! Eye shape isn't what I thought it would be from her default somehow, more upward turning at the outer corners? But I thought the same of the blank shots of 9S, so. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

CuteOne

Hubs let me have my boy early so I finally was able to get him out his box and posed him next to my other dolls. I was so excited! I did post a picture of him on instagram so sorry if this is your second time seeing him. I posed him next to Samus, since that's going to be his partner, and I've named him Sidney. I'm hoping to get him another outfit later this year, I really love his default clothes they're so soft, and maybe a custom faceup will be in his future.

Also, @Poofiemus for some reason I didn't get notified that you quoted me. 😧 Hubs was worried Pod's arms might get pulled if I gave him tinsel to hold so we compromised and I gave him a green bow to hold.

(I apologize for the double photo)

49266803227_b02db51c81.jpg49266611331_7c0700ecd5.jpg

Edited by CuteOne

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

littlebirdzoom

The wig doesn't add bulk. That would look ridiculous for a serious release lol I can't even imagine because his head is also so small. It's a basic wig. The blindfold sits on the widest part of the head or else is would slide off because it's a curve. And the widest part of the head is pretty high up. Getting the wig to stay on is kind of a hassle, but I'm sure some of those tiny safety pins could help (attached to the wig and the underside of the back of the blindfold)

I know this was already figured out, but I just thought I'd chime in. 

I personally am going to try very hard to find him a different wig. I can barely pet his head or play with it let alone style it. His hair feels like a plastic porcupine and I think the color is off for both of them. eh. 

Also small side note, the more I play with him... I think I'm going to take off the leather underwear. The thought of it bunching up and getting wrinkled and torn when I play with him is making me nervous. 

• Like 1

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

Moonsour

Why does USA have to wait so long to ship I'm going crazyyyyyy 😭

Edited by Moonsour

toppz1008

I trimmed and restyle his hair trying to make him looks more like in the game..

2019-12-23_11-31-49-01.jpeg

• Like 9

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, Moonsour said:

Why does USA have to wait so long to ship I'm going crazyyyyyy 😭

Stuff has to ship from Japan to the US, and most likely it comes over on container ship in order to reduce costs. If they used EMS they would have to pass that cost to the customer.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Moonsour
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Stuff has to ship from Japan to the US, and most likely it comes over on container ship in order to reduce costs. If they used EMS they would have to pass that cost to the customer.

Lol I meant more along the lines of taking payment before they're ready to ship, unlike international that is shipping as soon as payment is received.

jadepixel

I really love how 2B looks with a long wig, and definitely want to try some alternative styles for her even though the fullset is gorgeous!

After wearing it (minus mask) for a week there are no stains on her body, though there’s a small rust colored spot on her bodysuit around the mid-back area.

When I changed her wrist/hands back to standard SWS type, I noticed a crack in the lower arm armature that makes the wrist part a bit loose. I don’t think she shipped that way so it may have split when I put on the black glove parts, just something to be wary about.

I still feel like Volks should have made a smaller bust part for her, but I guess they didn’t want to support an odd size in standard clothing releases. 

Anyone know if it’s possible to convert the metal stand to a DD stand? Like maybe the chair part from Volks could attach to it?

Nier_2B-1-7.jpg

• Like 4

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

They have to pay for them before they are shipped from Volks Japan to Volks USA.

Poofiemus

@CuteOne Festive Pod, yessssssssss

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Monty

Festive Pod you say?

I'm also curious about the stand, since I dont own any Volks stands myself I cant compare it. I was hoping it was the exact same base cos I kinda wanna buy one of those seat stand attachments and it would be great if I dont have to buy the actual stand part.

• Like 5

cfx
1 hour ago, Monty said:

I'm also curious about the stand, since I dont own any Volks stands myself I cant compare it. I was hoping it was the exact same base cos I kinda wanna buy one of those seat stand attachments and it would be great if I dont have to buy the actual stand part.

I don't have a Nier doll, but I have the metal Volks doll stands. I measured the diameter of the upper smaller rod section with a caliper, and that showed as 8.02mm; presumably actually just 8mm. If you can measure the top rod of your stand and it's the same size, then the chair piece will indeed fit.

The base diameter is larger than my caliper and I don't have a mm ruler nearby, but I'd estimate that to be about 155mm, for the larger base doll stand (the one the chair is intended to be used with). This wouldn't matter if it's smaller other than perhaps making the chair a bit less stable.

Edited by cfx

Monty

I really like the crobi ones, I can't believe I forgot about them.

I've been away for a week so haven't been able to compare 9S's head to my others but I -think- its smaller, so maybe he can go with 8? Then again I have a skewed idea of what heads are considered small because Rin/Len and their huge heads were my first ones lol.

It looks like TOM has finally received their batch of Nines! 
He's in-stock if anyone's interested. 

I hope they'll ship him soon.. 🤞

littlebirdzoom

Caution to anyone buying Crobi wigs. The 9-10 inch is closer to 10 inches and it DOES NOT fit DD (it hardly fits my Soom Idealians). Maybe with trimming on the largest of DD heads it could work, but not really.

The 8 inch wigs are exactly 8 inches, so they also don't fit DD most of the time. However, I just tried my 8 inch Crobi wig on 9S and since his head is smaller it DOES fit.

Edited by littlebirdzoom

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

cfx

With Crobi wigs, I don't know what to think anymore. I originally bought a bunch of the CRWML (8") wigs because I assumed the CRWL (9-10") would be too large. Most of what I got is unusable on DDs I wanted to use them on (DDH-07, a larger head but not as large as Miku or Rin Kagamine).

I have a CRWML-105 that I've actually damaged trying to get it on a DD head; a bunch of fibers pulled out of it and the elastic probably stretched, and even with that I couldn't get the top of the wig cap fully down on the head. CRWML-80 is nearly as bad. The now-discontinued CRWML-107 is very hard to get on, but does fit and isn't damaged by putting it on.

Here's a pair of crappy pictures. On the left is CRWML-129 (8"); this one fits pretty well; and as can probably be seen it's a pretty close fit with how the hair doesn't stand out much from the head. It's a bit hard to get on but doesn't get damaged in the process.

On the right is CRWL-127 (9-10"); this fits just fine, and fits almost exactly the same in terms of tightness to that CRWML-129 above. Once again the hair is close to the head on the sides showing a snug fit of the wig cap:

IMG_0224a.jpg.884ba5ed6a4ad14aa1cec487be1ad0db.jpg  IMG_0216a.jpg.13d300c0a49e20d36d9c39078fc8401e.jpg

That's the only 9-10" Crobi I have; I bought it in a desperate attempt for a red wig to make this girl look right (have since given up) as that style doesn't exist in the 8" size so it was a way to test.

I have no idea anymore. All the other Crobi 8" I have are varying tightness, but tight enough I came to the conclusion the larger size would work if possibly be a bit on the loose side.

All of these, including that single 9-10", are tight enough I have to pull on chunks of the hair to get them fully seated at the top of the head, but maybe that's inexperience on my part with wigs, though I don't have the issue with the Cotin Doll and Lullaby Poem wigs I have.

Edit: Here's a thread from @foo that suggests the wigs have either changed size over time or are just inconsistent:

I have CRWML-93 as well, but I never tried it as I bought it for something that I never ended up doing. In that thread, it sounds like an older CRWML-80 was larger than some other Crobi 8" wigs; the one of those wigs I tried is one of the smaller ones that is nearly impossible to get on. There's a pic of this somewhere but I can't find the post via search; here's a link to the pic on the old forum:

http://www.dollfiedreams.com/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=416&image_id=1649&sk=t&sd=d&st=0

That's on DDH-07 again, but I've also put the wig on a Neris head (smaller) and it's too tight there too. The bangs are also way too long as seen in that pic.

Edited by cfx
got wig numbers wrong

Beani

@littlebirdzoom I have the CRWL-66 which is 9-10 inch and it fits fine. My girl Hanako usually has a silicone wig cap on but it’s certainly not overly loose. With 2B she had a fabric wig cap on and it seemed a little big but still fit. Might be luck of the draw, but sounds like 8 inch may be a better choice on 2B and Nines, but other heads 9-10. 

48780333202_a21d871aa9_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

49221585852_3354180c2e_c.jpg2B Wig Tests by Beani F, on Flickr

I’m now nervous about buying more crobi though if people have such differing levels of success. You’d think a company would keep the sizes more consistent..

edit: Hard to believe that is the same wig in my photos. Styling goes a long way..

Edited by Beani

foo

I haven't found the Crobi wig sizes to be inconsistent as much as DD head sizes are. Of the 8" wigs I've tried, some were tighter than others (CRWML-93 was reaaally tight when I got it) but the sizes are generally the same, maybe just a few millimetres of extra stretch between them. A few mm can be a big difference between super-tight and kinda-loose, but I'd still consider them to be the same size of wig.

DD's are said to use 8-9" wigs and Crobi doesn't have 8-9" wigs... just 8" and 9-10". The 8" line was originally called 8-9" but they renamed it to just 8". I think you can only expect those to fit on small DD heads.

The 9-10" wigs are huge, but they do fit some DD heads well.

DD head sizes vary wildly. Of my girls Yaya definitely has the smallest head and Sakuya is slightly larger. I'm not sure where Melty fits because I've pretty much kept her in the white wig since I got and and I've been happy with it 😛 Miku & Rin's heads are giant compared to the others. However in this photo, Miku & Melty are wearing the same wig but in different colours. It's a Volks wig you get at Doll Point in Akihabara. The same wig fits both of them because the wig cap is very elastic. Crobi's wig caps aren't as elastic; they only allow minimal stretching, but OTOH they have a lot more fibre density than these Volks wigs. In that pic you can see the wig cap underneath the white fibres in Melty's wig, that's really unlikely with a Crobi wig.

Edited by foo
  • Thanks 1

cfx
54 minutes ago, foo said:

A few mm can be a big difference between super-tight and kinda-loose

I guess that's what I'm running into, as in my case all my testing was on the same head, a DDH-07.

However in this photo, Miku & Melty are wearing the same wig but in different colours. It's a Volks wig you get at Doll Point in Akihabara.

I like that wig in your pictures, but I really hate the one I bought (same wig, bought from Mandarake) for my Miku; it's nearly impossible to hide the wig cap on mine and it shows on the front. My wig has that cheap and shiny look too, which yours doesn't seem to have. You've had yours a lot longer so all I can figure out there is the fiber they used is different now.

The same wig fits both of them because the wig cap is very elastic. Crobi's wig caps aren't as elastic; they only allow minimal stretching, but OTOH they have a lot more fibre density than these Volks wigs. In that pic you can see the wig cap underneath the white fibres in Melty's wig, that's really unlikely with a Crobi wig.

I suspect this elasticiity is a key thing. The one Lullaby Poem wig I have is very stretchy like this and goes on so easily but it is snug once it's on. The Cotin Doll wigs I have are nearly as stretchy, except for their Miku wig which can't be made that way since it's the type that needs the more rigid wig cap.

I do wonder if the fiber density and general quality has gotten worse with Crobi wigs. I bought most of the ones I have about a year and a half ago, when they stared their "summer sale" that turned into a "forever sale until these discontinued wigs are sold out" (it still is ongoing). I bought way too many wigs, and I've often read here how theirs don't have the issue with the thin spots showing the wig caps, but a number of the ones that I bought have this problem; it was even visible through the bags when I first looked at them. I know others have reported this problem with the Lullaby Poem wigs, but the single one of those I have is better made than most of the Crobis I got.

The trimming on some of mine is pretty bad too, as you commented on in that linked thread. The CRWML-80 in that pic of mine is really bad on the bangs.

Edited by cfx