Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

Poofiemus
11 hours ago, Veravey said:

Just to be safe, these are both 1/6 scale correct? I think I understand what you mean. The 1/4 fullsets have plenty of room for everything behind the doll, so I'm hoping the blank boxes are the same size. But I could also see them being narrow from behind since they wouldn't need space for the box behind the doll holding the fullset items. 

Yeah I only have 1/6 TFs right now. If they do clamshells for the 1/4 like they do the 1/6 then the blank ones should be the same depth, the real question is if they need to add extra space for the wig on the full sets like they do for the Smols.

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

pyoko

I am looking for other eyes for my 1/4 Koimi. Her description on Tinyfox says she comes with 15mm eyes. 

Soo.. That's in between 14 an 16mm, strange size. 

14mm might look small, but with 16mm there is a risk it won't fit into the eye sockets since the 15mm are a tight fit. 

Has someone changed eyes and has advice for me? 

Since I don't have other dolls with this eye size i don't have different eyes I could try :(

Edited by pyoko

xmintpie
3 hours ago, pyoko said:

I am looking for other eyes for my 1/4 Koimi. Her description on Tinyfox says she comes with 15mm eyes. 

I don't have any of the 1/4 dolls but it seems like the new doll, Lizzy, has the same head as Koimi (D-02) and her eye size is listed as 15/16mm, so perhaps 16mm would be better? 

Janesdolland still has her listing up for Koimi/Lijian and in the picture for the head it lists it as 15/16mm as well. (here: https://www.janesdolland.com/product-page/lijian)

This is a different doll, but I have the 1/6 fox girl, who is also listed with having 15mm eyes, and I was able to fit 16mm eyes on her.

Hopefully someone with Koimi or the D-02 head will be able to post more accurate information but that was something I noticed when I was comparing the eye sizing used on the tiny fox website vs the other sites that carry tiny fox dolls.

• Like 1

Instagram: xmintpie

Veravey
4 hours ago, pyoko said:

Has someone changed eyes and has advice for me?

Yes, specifically on Koimi, too. 15-16mm is correct for the whole eyes diameter. I believe 14 would be too small for sure. And 18 has trouble fitting in the "eye pocket"; TF sculpts have those eye craters inside their head like Azone Iris Collect dolls do, only a bit more shallow. But they prevent you from using oversized eyes.

If you got to page 28 of this thread you'll see my girl there. Those red eyes are 18, see how they don't hug the eye completely in the photo from a side angle?

I can show you more when I get home from work, I have some nice custom 16's from Etsy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

pyoko
1 hour ago, Veravey said:

Yes, specifically on Koimi, too. 15-16mm is correct for the whole eyes diameter. I believe 14 would be too small for sure. And 18 has trouble fitting in the "eye pocket"; TF sculpts have those eye craters inside their head like Azone Iris Collect dolls do, only a bit more shallow. But they prevent you from using oversized eyes.

If you got to page 28 of this thread you'll see my girl there. Those red eyes are 18, see how they don't hug the eye completely in the photo from a side angle?

I can show you more when I get home from work, I have some nice custom 16's from Etsy.

Thank you a lot :)

I will buy some 16mm eyes. Probably from Ninascraftery on etsy since they are in the EU like me. (and they are good quality, I have some in 22mm)

@xmintpie: thank you for the information. 15mm is such a special size ^^" glad to know some shops write 15/16 as size

Edited by pyoko
  • Like 1

Poofiemus
2 hours ago, xmintpie said:

I don't have any of the 1/4 dolls but it seems like the new doll, Lizzy, has the same head as Koimi (D-02) and her eye size is listed as 15/16mm, so perhaps 16mm would be better? 

Janesdolland still has her listing up for Koimi/Lijian and in the picture for the head it lists it as 15/16mm as well. (here: https://www.janesdolland.com/product-page/lijian)

This is a different doll, but I have the 1/6 fox girl, who is also listed with having 15mm eyes, and I was able to fit 16mm eyes on her.

Can confirm on the Fox that 16mm works. I think the vinyl eye pockets have JUST enough give for that 1mm difference, but not enough for 18mm. 

That said, @ateliervanilla got an older TF 1/4 and said she was able to get 18mm eyes in her. . . The bigger dolls may have more flexible eye pockets? So it may be worth waiting till she arrives so you can test eye sizes on her.

Edit: side note, finally updated Paimon's customization thread if any of you are curious.

Edited by Poofiemus
  • Like 1

Veravey
11 minutes ago, Poofiemus said:

The bigger dolls may have more flexible eye pockets?

The pockets are shallow but very firm. They're much stiffer than the ones in Azone Iris Collect dolls. Maybe heating the head and fitting them in could help, but I doubt they would stay firmly in after the plastic cooled again.

Like I mentioned above, my photos on page 28 of the thread of Koimi with red eyes are 18s. They fit but there's a significant gap unfortunately.

ateliervanilla
20 minutes ago, Poofiemus said:

Can confirm on the Fox that 16mm works. I think the vinyl eye pockets have JUST enough give for that 1mm difference, but not enough for 18mm. 

That said, @ateliervanilla got an older TF 1/4 and said she was able to get 18mm eyes in her. . . The bigger dolls may have more flexible eye pockets? So it may be worth waiting till she arrives so you can test eye sizes on her.

I also have the Fox Fairy and 16mm definitely fits like a charm on the eye sockets. I heard some 1/6 sculpts have bigger eye sockets (which I encountered with a recent customer), so I can't vouch that all 1/6 TF can use 16mm.

My 1/4 TF is Martha, and the eyes that came with her have 18mm size. I tried putting 16mm on that head and the eyes were tooooo small for my taste... (see first photo).

That's how I found out that 18mm works better for that head (second photo).

PXL_20220702_144543233.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220807_022645199.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 3

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

Veravey
1 hour ago, ateliervanilla said:

I tried putting 16mm on that head and the eyes were tooooo small for my taste.

The eternal struggle of finding the right eye-to-iris ratio. @onion22@

I've just ordered a blank D-05 head (it's so cute, I couldn't resist), so when it and Fibonacci arrive I'll finally have one of each of the 1/4 sculpts. Ill be making a comparison guide including eye samples. 

Edited by Veravey
  • Like 2

Poofiemus

Yeeeaaah long story short, the eye sizing on Tinyfox dolls is maddeningly inconsistent, it seems. Heck, Paimon is wearing 14mm, just to throw yet ANOTHER size into the mix.

Though speaking of Paimon, I brought her with me to a Harry Potter themed Cafe near where my parents live; she had a great time and tried to talk me into giving her my pumpkin pasty.

20220812_160407.jpg.9f42616984c8d481cc0054a60a31b049.jpg

She got SOME, but obviously I couldn't give her the whole thing. It was as big as her lol.

20220812_154922.jpg.35746a3f59eaf26801c2dd9140dbce2b.jpg

Fun Diagon Alley mural!

20220812_155417.jpg.4cabaee6f915a90ca12a82445c8c27a4.jpg

And there was a napkin holder shaped like a sofa, exactly her size, in the Umbridge room in the back lol

• Like 4

Astraea

Looks like 1/4 boys are on the way according to this: 

Excited to see them!

• Like 2

DreamsicleDollAqua
1 hour ago, Astraea said:

Excited to see them!

👀 oh that is excellent news. I love the tiny fox 1/4ths. 

xmintpie
21 hours ago, Astraea said:

Excited to see them!

Omg that is so exciting! I've been wanting to get a boy doll but have had trouble finding one that I like (and can afford lol)

xmintpie

My 1/6 Candy arrived from Newcloversinging! (just the doll)

She is soo cutee, I think I'm going to name her Cherry! I can't wait for her outfit to come❤️

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

Beani

@xmintpie Congrats on Cherry! I can’t even how cute she is in that final shot. 

My Candy also arrived today which was super fast given how much shipping cost. Sadly her box took a huge hit to the back and is badly damaged but the front is more or less fine and Candy herself is A-OK.

It pains me but as I don’t have any of the things needed to dress her (not even eyes) I’ll likely keep her in storage until the outfit arrives. When I took her out briefly I was so impressed with the body though. I didn’t know what to expect but it feels so nice and solid. Heavy too!

• Like 2

DreamsicleDollAqua

@xmintpie Love your cute cherry~! Shes got so much personality 

• Like 1

ateliervanilla

I just got my 1/6 Fox Fairy (right), and on the left is a hybrid 1/6 TinyFox head on a Dollzone YoSD body. It's amusing to know that the resin body feels lighter than the actual TinyFox body - but proportion-wise, it looks exactly like the older 1/6 body (which is slightly taller and slimmer than the new one). I'm actually frustrated with the inconsistent eye sizes. I was about to pop in some 16mm on this boy just to see he uses 18mm, the same sizes with most 1/4 heads. Second photo would be my own made eyes on the boy now that I figured out the eye size 😄

PXL_20220815_231530477.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220816_043946622.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 3

Poofiemus
On 8/15/2022 at 4:36 PM, xmintpie said:

My 1/6 Candy arrived from Newcloversinging! (just the doll)

She is soo cutee, I think I'm going to name her Cherry! I can't wait for her outfit to come❤️

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wait wait wait. . . I see fox ears in Candy's box. Does this mean Candy uses rhe same head as the Fox Fairy?? That's wild!

• Like 2

Veravey
1 hour ago, Poofiemus said:

Wait wait wait. . . I see fox ears in Candy's box. Does this mean Candy uses rhe same head as the Fox Fairy?? That's wild!

Yup!

Screenshot_20220816-220442.png.81641e663068742aaf76e0b62542b107.pngScreenshot_20220816-220406.png.46a5769eceea5d85760bf0da04910165.png

• Like 2

0bsequi0us

I am SO hyped to hear that TF are making a 1/4 boy body! That's the main reason I never got one until the Macoco bodies were released. 😭 I hope they're cute!

• Like 4

Puniko

My chibi Yoimiya (Candy) arrived on the 15th, and I love her~ she's so cute~
I noticed i bought 14mm eyes for her by mistake, but already ordered correct size ones ;D
She came in a smaller box compared to Fox fairy, got me scared there for a moment when it arrived, cause i thought they sent me the wrong thing. But it makes sense, she wasn't a full set so didn't need that extra space for clothes and wig. I like that she came with extra fox ears, i can paint them pink and swap with Yaes!

So here's the skin color comparison for White (Fox) and Normal (Candy). You can clearly see the difference. I'm quite happy about it i gotta say 😊 

spacer.png

@Poofiemus aww so nice that you took Paimon to the cafe, cute pics~ 😊 Really looks like she wants a bite haha~

• Like 5

pyoko

My 1/4 Martha arrived today. 

She is quite wobbly in the bust area (where the bust connects to the torso, if I move the doll this area moves forwards and backwards like something is loose). 

Does someone know how they are built inside? I considered taking of the arms and the bust like I would on a dollfie, so that I can check, but I am not sure it works like that for Tinyfox? 

And since I am at it; I heard the elbow joints can actually move more than it looks, but it needs heat to get them to move. Can someone confirm? Also, maybe someone found a way to make them easier to move? (like sanding down the joints or adding grease) 

Edited by pyoko

xmintpie

@Poofiemus yes Candy is also the HS-01 head! She came with the same fox ears but blank so you can customize them yourself which is cool!

@Puniko omg Yoimiya is soo cute!! The pink/normal skin tone looks really nice, I hope they will offer that skin tone choice for their upcoming dolls!

• Like 2

ateliervanilla
1 hour ago, pyoko said:

My 1/4 Martha arrived today. 

She is quite wobbly in the bust area (where the bust connects to the torso, if I move the doll this area moves forwards and backwards like something is loose). 

I guess my 1/4 body also has that problem. I was thinking maybe I just moved it too much. 

1 hour ago, pyoko said:

Does someone know how they are built inside? I considered taking of the arms and the bust like I would on a dollfie, so that I can check, but I am not sure it works like that for Tinyfox? 

I haven't tinkered around and removed any parts other than the hands (the wrist joints are definitely not the same...). 

Veravey
4 hours ago, pyoko said:

You can gently tug the arms out, they'll pop out, and remove the bust to view the skeleton. From what I remember, there is a screw there connecting the chest to the waist.

---

Edit:

I'm working from home today so I can snap some photos~ ( ´ ▽ ` )

The arms do take a bit of a tug, align them at 90 degrees and pull firmly but slowly. When putting them back in, you'll hear a "pop" when they're in securly. 

The neck anchor (the tube looking piece beside the bust in the photo) needs to be twisted right to unlock and remove it in order to remove the bust.

(Also, this is Koimi's body and it's been stained (⇀‸↼‶) I'm sad but I've already ordered a replacement body and at least I'll be able to experiment with TF stain removal soon.)

PXL_20220817_163721666.jpg.d92e76dba7bba84faff5d49000512c4c.jpg

Also, great news regarding the arms! When I went to pull the elbow out gently, I thought it only popped out once... but I tried again and it popped out even more?? Is this triple jointed? (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ

Normal:

PXL_20220817_165540006.jpg.bc6a702630d9ed4a1f86928271019847.jpg

First pop:

PXL_20220817_165508671.jpg.50b9371c9403dc60b7c53a0fdbdad7ac.jpg

Second pop:

PXL_20220817_165729962.jpg.0978bfe45026dae33dbf39f6cbb155d3.jpg

Edited by Veravey
photos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2