Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

Monty
13 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Maybe this is a sign that we'll see a return of the male 1/6s in the chubby body too? 🤔

I really hope so, I’m itching for boy stuff made for this body, because typical yoSD pants can be a little tight on them (not impossible, but it feels like the snaps are hanging on for dear life…). I haven’t posted him here but this is my one, he’s a C08 head.

FeXfL5uakAA6e0c?format=jpg&name=large

Anyway, Lilith is cute. I wonder if he comes with those socks, since he likely doesn’t come with the boots…?

• Like 5

Yami Usagi

I’ve been researching these dolls and I’d very much like to get one to make a custom 1/6 boy. I’m a little confused on availability of them though.

Does Tinyfox keep a lineup of unpainted heads like Volks or do I just have to see what’s available? When I made my MDD, I looked through every head for a good match, but rn it’s looking like I’m at their mercy which is not ideal but I understand they’re a smaller company. I just don’t wanna impulse buy a head that’s not perfect only bc it’s in stock.

Other question is about the bodies. I know there are boy bodies, but since these are so chibi proportioned, is there a huge difference between them? My boy MDD is on a girl body which I deal with since that’s the only standard option, but if there’s a big enough difference between the bodies for these, I’d like to get the boy one. I think I saw private parts on a boy one to differentiate but I’m having a hard time finding good pics of them unclothed. My biggest “worry” is if the waist/hips/bust are noticeably curvier on the girls. 

with the new 1/6 boy coming out, I figure I could buy him & wipe his faceup, but it would be great if I didn’t need to ^^’

RetroKanojo
9 hours ago, Yami Usagi said:

I’ve been researching these dolls and I’d very much like to get one to make a custom 1/6 boy. I’m a little confused on availability of them though.

Does Tinyfox keep a lineup of unpainted heads like Volks or do I just have to see what’s available? When I made my MDD, I looked through every head for a good match, but rn it’s looking like I’m at their mercy which is not ideal but I understand they’re a smaller company. I just don’t wanna impulse buy a head that’s not perfect only bc it’s in stock.

Other question is about the bodies. I know there are boy bodies, but since these are so chibi proportioned, is there a huge difference between them? My boy MDD is on a girl body which I deal with since that’s the only standard option, but if there’s a big enough difference between the bodies for these, I’d like to get the boy one. I think I saw private parts on a boy one to differentiate but I’m having a hard time finding good pics of them unclothed. My biggest “worry” is if the waist/hips/bust are noticeably curvier on the girls. 

with the new 1/6 boy coming out, I figure I could buy him & wipe his faceup, but it would be great if I didn’t need to ^^’

Alright, so first of I want to say that I'm not an expert, so take everything I say with a huge grain of salt. @onion9@ At least until others come in to confirm/ correct.
When it comes to 1/6 Tinyfox dolls, you have to know that there is an 'old' model and a 'new' model.

Spoiler

This is the old model:

O1CN01TcBbgf20i0KWDf7u9_2200606766882.jp

And this is the new version:

28d43e_80e6bc36b1a94b09a81099f8b6649bee~

From what I've heard the old version used separate variants for girl and boy dolls. So, the boy dolls had a little extra in their pants.

However, the old body is no longer available. It was completely replaced by the new one. The only way to get them would be secondhand. I don't want to say it would be impossible, but.. @onion22@ ..probably difficult. 

Now, Lilith comes with the new body, but is also marketed as a 'boy'. The problem is that so far I don't think we got any sort of confirmation on whether or not they are actually using a separate 'boy' body. I don't have a Weibo, so maybe another user might have better insight in this than I, but they might just have slapped on some clothes, called him a boy and that's it.

Regardless, I think that the differences between boy and girl body will be fairly minimal - aka as soon as you put on some clothes you probably won't be able to notice the difference. 

The new 1/6 bodies are sold separately, for example on NCS and Jane's. Jane is also selling a variety of blank 1/6 heads, both from the old body releases and the new body releases. Although she doesn't list the heads for the newer new releases (Debby, Lunar Fox, and Anna), but you could always ask her whether she plans to make those available in the future. Similarly, if you want to purchase through NCS and they don't have a specific listing, you can always try and ask Christina directly. 

Hope this was helpful! If anyone has any additional insights, please feel free to share/confirm/correct!

Also, on an entirely different note, I woke up today to a shipping confirmation from Christina! My Fibonacci is finally coming home! @onion8@ I was told shipping would take 15-30 days, so I'll be waiting for a little longer still, but it's good to know she's on the way! And to the right address as well! I was a little worried about that because I had to change it about two months ago, but everything seems to be in order, yay! It's funny, when I ordered her, I thought maybe she'd be a late birthday present, but I guess she became an early Christmas one instead. @onion9@

• Like 1

Beani

Looks like my Candy's clothes have finally shipped to the Taobao warehouse and I see the JP dealers mentioning a mid-November release for her. I'm so excited to finally be able to take her out of her box! Was going to order some other stuff after the clothes shipped but I don't think I can wait for them to arrive now. @onion9@

• Like 1

Cheesecake
On 10/28/2022 at 7:25 AM, Yami Usagi said:

Seconding what RetroKanojo said, but also note that the chubby body is designated to be sexless unlike the original which included gendered versions (with the inclusion of boobs/genitals) alongside a 'sexless' version as well.

They're discontinued in a sense as Tinyfox has stopped production of them but there's still the possibility that Tinyfox may revisit them as the discontinuation was initially meant to put the production on pause while they revise the product, and the chubby body was intended to be an additional body type rather than a complete replacement, though I guess they're currently capitalising on it to fill in the gap as the company works on new products.

You can however still find and purchase through xianyu (Chinese secondhand market linked to taobao, kind of like fril or Rakumart) but you'll need an agent or proxy who can take marketplace orders. 

As for heads, yes Tinyfox does keep a lineup of blank heads on their own taobao store for both 1/6 and 1/4 though they are subject to availability since some designs are more likely to fly off the shelves. But they'll usually be restocked in a couple weeks or so.

Tinyfox doesn't have limited head moulds the way volks does, and the number is always listed whenever a new doll is released, which is pretty helpful. 

• Thanks 1

Yami Usagi

Thank you for the help! Sorry I haven’t posted in so long I forgot how to quote without clogging up the thread. But! It was very helpful. I’ve ordered a 1/6 blank doll from Janes Doll Land along with some eyes and a wig. We’ll see if I can find the clothes I need or if I’ll make to make my own. I noticed it’s hard shopping for a boy who wears only basics. So much cute stuff on the market but I need a plain suit ahaha

• Like 1

Veravey
On 10/28/2022 at 3:36 AM, RetroKanojo said:

My Fibonacci is finally coming home! I was told shipping would take 15-30 days, so I'll be waiting for a little longer still, but it's good to know she's on the way!

Me toooooo!~ Mine just arrived in Canada on Saturday.

I'm worried though. They forgot to ship her through EMS. They promised they would stop using Yanwen in an email back in July for all my future deliveries. I'm anticipating she will have severe damage like my Koimi did... 

Edited by Veravey
  • Sad 3

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Astraea

Pictures of Lilith without the wig covering most of his face: 

3 hours ago, Veravey said:

I'm anticipating she will have severe damage like my Koimi did... 

Oh no, I hope she's okay...😢

• Like 2

Riesz

Fibonacci is on the way from Taobao warehouse yay!! I actually think she'd been sitting there a little while, I just hadn't checked lately 😢 I'm sorry Fibonacci!!

• Haha 2

AriDonut

I haven't posted her here yet. This is Pururin, she uses the UFdoll body. 

SNOW_20221029_160142_114.jpg

• Like 14

Veravey

She's home! Some damage but far less than Koimi.

PXL_20221102_175955004-04.jpeg.6c3f07292fb97d54cdda85444ebcc2bf.jpeg

PXL_20221102_180008204-01.jpeg.e40bb15b674f8111198e0b3a7aa75a34.jpeg

PXL_20221102_181040920-01.jpeg.be4e1268afd7c7cce741b71d8c8487f7.jpeg

PXL_20221102_181055909-01.jpeg.12a8b995be0d29cc2e45a77a7312eade.jpeg

PXL_20221102_181104128-01.jpeg.f3ece0f93d99c6622952e6be781e326c.jpeg

They even embroidered her name on the back of her beautiful robe~

And the wing flaps have wiring for posing. She's stunning! I'm so impressed with her and the full set altogether.

• Like 9

Tam_I_am

I'm glad she's okay!  Pictures of her all dressed up sooon?

• Like 1

RetroKanojo
14 hours ago, Veravey said:

She's home!

Oh gosh, this makes me so excited! @onion24@

My tracking initially said she would arrive yesterday, but there was some delay. She's supposedly out for delivery right as I type this, so I hope she comes home later today! There's no live tracking, although I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a curse - I'd probably be updating the page every five minutes. @onion9@

• Like 1

RetroKanojo

I apologize for the double post, but this one is gonna be a little longer so I felt it would justify a new one.

Fibonacci came home and, of course, I had to unpack her as soon as I got her into my hands! Because @Veravey already showed us some pictures of the box, I won't post any more of that, but I'll come to bring you some more snaps of Fibonacci herself and her outfit. A little bit of a heads-up though: She arrived in the evening, so natural light was gone, the light in my room isn't the best (definitely not for any sort of photography) and I only had my phone, so lightning and general picture quality will be a little wonky. Also, when I talk about directions (left/right) I will be referring to my/the camera's point of view.

Well, now that that's out of the way - time for a mini review! @onion9@

First things first, Fibonacci's box arrived to me with only perhaps some very minor damages! I was super happy about that, because Vera had mentioned having troubles with that before. However, it seems like my celebrations came a little premature. When I pulled out the inner box that contains the outfit + accessories I saw that it was a little squished in one corner.

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_173722.jpg

The damage isn't terrible and it's not actually visible from outside, so I don't mind. Luckily, everything inside the box survived completely unscathed, but I felt like I should mention it.

Before I opened that box, I took a look at Fibonacci herself and I must say that her face looks absolutely gorgeous. I also noticed that one of her ankles was loose. It wasn't wobbly enough to flip-flop around on its own, but couldn't keep a pose under weight - aka my Fibonacci is unable to stand unassisted. It's not a huge deal to me, but obviously I would have preferred it to be a little tighter.

She also came with the regular molding spots? You know, those little indents and whatnot around her wrists. I expected those, but thought I'd add it here - maybe they will fix it sometime in the future.

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_173428.jpg

I edited the color of this picture to look a little warmer so that it would more closely match what I saw in real life, then again, the light in my room is kind of warm in itself, so yeah.. colors might not be the most accurate, but the face-up speaks for itself.

Now, I didn't take any pictures of her naked body, because we all know how those look like and I honestly didn't think I would make a write-up on her anyways but my plans changed and here we are. @onion9@

Anyhow.. Fibonacci came with this: 

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_173942.jpg

A birth certificate, an extra pair of hands and this little business card looking thingy with her artwork on it! Super cute! On the back of the business card was a little message in Chinese. According to Google translate it said that 1. Beware of staining, especially in the neck area and 2. Here is a tutorial on how to style Fibonacci's hair - and some QR codes. I didn't try the codes yet, but I really, really hope they work without Weibo or WeChat..

There also was a little manual, but who needs those, amirite?

Speaking of staining, I actually asked Christina to include a Tinyfox bodysuit in my order! Unfortunately, it doesn't cover the neck. That was kind of a problem, but I wanted to put Fibonacci into her full-set right away, so I decided to craft a little 'add on' out of a layer of cling film, some white toilet paper and tape. I promise I'll sew her something more permanent later, but I'll be leaving for a little roundtrip soon so that will have to wait. By the time I had finished putting on the bodysuit I also noticed some staining on the back of her headcap. It looked too noticeable for me to think that I just missed it until that point, so it probably got onto her while I was wrangling with the bodysuit, but luckily it's a spot that will always be covered by the wig anyway. 

I had to remove her head to stain-protect her neck and being used to DD I just tried to pull it off. I quickly realized that's not how Tinyfox dolls work and so we went on a quick trip to the bathroom to heat up Fibonacci's head with the hairdryer. At first, I was a little concerned it wouldn't work, because my hairdryer wasn't really running that hot - which I guess is good for your hair, but bad if you desperately want to heat up some plastic. Surprisingly, it didn't take very long though! After just a minute the headcap popped right off.

In the end, this was what my anti-stain-solution looked like. 

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_180909.jpg

Fibonacci doesn't seem too impressed by it..

For those uninitiated, Fibonacci's outfit comes with some white stockings. Naturally, I wondered whether they would fit over the bodysuit. It took me three tries, but eventually I got them on. I also added her eyes in the meantime, putting the 'extra' eye into her right socket. I feel like the print is a little too big for her narrow eye-shape though. No matter how I turn it, I can't really show it off completely.

Afterwards, it was time to put on her.. underdress? I'll just call it that. Right away, I was blown away by its beauty and the sheer size of her 'skirt train'? Google tells me that's probably what it's called in English.. anyway, it's huge, I could probably wear it as a veil on my head.

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_183555.jpg

The bustier part is made out of a really nice fabric. It has a 'pearlescent' sheen to it that you can't really see in this picture. The dress itself is fastened by a single clasp - those snap on ones - at the back. There's only one problem with this, it's way too tight. I struggled to close the clasp and when I finally did, the poor thing was hanging onto itself by pure force of will. I honestly expect it to break very, very soon..

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_183610.jpg

But for the time being it was still holding on, so I decided to just throw on the jacket and forget about it. @onion37@

Again, Vera already showed off the jacket, so I didn't take a whole lot of pictures of it, but I want to go on record saying that it is absolutely gorgeous. It's stunning, it's breathtaking, it's quite literally a piece of art. I might be biased here and to be honest, this is my first piece of elaborate doll clothing ever, but gosh darn it if it isn't pretty. It's so beautiful, it almost steals Fibonacci's show. Like, displaying the doll isn't enough, it makes you want to display the clothes a well. 

I tried to take a picture to show off the sheen of the fabric.

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_184916.jpg

Stunning.

The jacket is held close by two hooks in the front - one at the very top of her neck (where the pearl is) and one at the black .. ruffles? on her chest. Again, the hook on the neck is very tight. I didn't struggle as much as with the clasp of the underskirt, and it seems a little sturdier too, but I'm honestly not quite sure how I'm supposed to ever get it off again without removing the head. @onion9@

And here she is almost fully dressed.

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_184908.jpg

There is also a little belt, held together with a clasp at the back. It's a loose fit, so no issues there and there is this cute little heart in the front. Unfortunately, by the time this picture was taken, the clasp of the underskirt had opened up. It wasn't broken, it just couldn't keep close. I struggled to close it again without removing the jacket and I did manage, somehow, but it would end up opening again sometime later and I just kind of gave up on it.

Now, what are we missing? Right, the wig.

I'm very new to this hobby and I've handled a total of.. five? wigs, but I was honestly not very impressed with this one. I already knew the styling would be a little wonky thanks to the business card, but the wig itself doesn't seem to be very high quality. It was kind of stiff and relatively easy to put on, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of fibers - just enough to cover the stitches, which I guess gets the job done.. 

Here's what it looked like straight out of the box.

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_185441.jpg

For the picture I kind of tried to 'pull down' her side bangs, but they very much prefer staying smushed up against her cheeks. @onion9@Oh well, I'm a little scared of styling wigs, but since there (hopefully?) won't be any cutting involved it should be fine.

Now, she's done, right? Wrong!

Fibonacci still has to put on her veil! And just like the rest of the clothing, it's absolutely stunning. 

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_185533.jpg

IMG_20221103_185541.jpg

So shiny.. @onion29@

And this is Fibonacci in her final form!

Spoiler

IMG_20221103_185613.jpg

Ack, she's just too cute, isn't she? @onion26@I was a little worried that I wouldn't like her once she came home. After all it's been almost six months since I initially ordered her! However, that's not the case at all. Her loose foot and the tight underskirt are unfortunate, but they don't deter from her beauty. For $229.50 this is still an outstanding doll, especially because shipping through NCS was free for me + Fibonacci also somehow managed to skip through customs. She was, quite literally, a steal. @onion9@

I hope anyone here found this helpful and/or entertaining! Me and Nacci wish you all a wonderful day! @onion29@

• Like 10

Veravey
1 hour ago, RetroKanojo said:

I hope anyone here found this helpful and/or entertaining! Me and Nacci wish you all a wonderful day!

Thank you for such a thorough summary <3 I admit that all my TF darlings are still safe in their boxes until the stands and bodysuits I ordered come home so I appreciates seeing her all together.

And you are 100000000% right, she is an incredible steal for the quality vs. cost!

• Like 1

Astraea

She's so pretty, and her clothes are amazing! I'm really impressed by how she turned out

4 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

I also noticed that one of her ankles was loose. It wasn't wobbly enough to flip-flop around on its own, but couldn't keep a pose under weight - aka my Fibonacci is unable to stand unassisted.

I wonder if a pair of stiff mid-calf or longer boots might help to give the ankle some more support to stand by herself? I know she didn't come with shoes so it might be worth a shot if you're planning to get some down the road (one of my little fairies has really floppy ankles but she stands really well in the boots her set came with!)

Also, there's a new visual, this time a 1/4 

• Like 1

Veravey
3 hours ago, Astraea said:

Oh nooooooooooo I ADORE her! Everything about her! 

ragnamuffin

Man, they are not letting up even a bit!

• Sad 1

Cheesecake

She's so pretty, and her clothes are amazing! I'm really impressed by how she turned out

I wonder if a pair of stiff mid-calf or longer boots might help to give the ankle some more support to stand by herself? I know she didn't come with shoes so it might be worth a shot if you're planning to get some down the road (one of my little fairies has really floppy ankles but she stands really well in the boots her set came with!)

Nice to see another L bust doll this time, really eager to see how she turns out, I'm a sucker for Astrology mage themes 👀

Her name is Vivian. And she's arranged to be released during double 11!

Edit: I can't read, I just saw her name printed on top LMAO

Edited by Cheesecake

pyoko

@RetroKanojo the fabric looks stunning, so shiny. 

I love tinyfox clothes, really nice for their price. The wigs on the other side.. The ones from my little fox and Koimi aren't too great. I would say wigs are a bit of a weak point for their dolls. 

For the head cap: I wanted to open by pulling it up too, wondering why it's so difficult. It was easier when I tried to open like a bottle cap. Spin sidewards und pull up at the same time. 

Edited by pyoko

Cheesecake

There's going to be another special feature article about Tinyfox HQ this end of year by lapeonier. 

• Like 1

Manaphyyy

Thank you for sharing your Fibonaccis @RetroKanojo and @Veravey! I didn't really look into TinyFox until after her preorder was up and I've been pining for her ever since. It's good to know she's also stunning in person (despite some clothing issues). I may have to stalk the 2ndhand market now....

Vivienne looks gorgeous, too, but I don't think I'll be going after her.

Seeing all these cuties makes me excited to hopefully receive a shipping notification in the next month or so on the Macoco girl I ordered in August.

• Like 1

RetroKanojo
On 11/4/2022 at 2:00 AM, Astraea said:

Yes, I thought something like that could work! Good to know it helped one of your girls!

On 11/4/2022 at 2:18 PM, pyoko said:

@RetroKanojo the fabric looks stunning, so shiny. 

I love tinyfox clothes, really nice for their price. The wigs on the other side.. The ones from my little fox and Koimi aren't too great. I would say wigs are a bit of a weak point for their dolls. 

For the head cap: I wanted to open by pulling it up too, wondering why it's so difficult. It was easier when I tried to open like a bottle cap. Spin sidewards und pull up at the same time. 

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who isn't impressed by the wig. I guess some corners simply need to be cut. Also, good point on the headcap! After heating it up, that's how I did it as well - twist and pull!

RetroKanojo

Again, apologies for the double post, but here are some shots of the lovely new 1/4 Vivienne!

• Thanks 1

Cheesecake
5 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

Again, apologies for the double post, but here are some shots of the lovely new 1/4 Vivienne!

Her head is supposed to be a new model and I adore how it looks so far! Her faceup kind of looks similar to Liluta's too.