Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

RetroKanojo

New girl teased! She will be 1/4. 
I think they mentioned Tinyfox will show her off on the 15th of July in a previous post!
Personally, I love the Alice in Wonderland vibes. I wonder how she'd look next to Liluta.

• Like 1

Veravey
6 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

New girl teased! She will be 1/4. 

I love her!! Looks like shes the second doll for the butterfly line after Fibonacci.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Poofiemus

So I just got a bunch of TTYA Yo-SD stuff from their lucky bag! Verdict is that, on the New TF 1/6 body, tops fit no problem but bottoms only fit if they have elastic. The TF thighs are just too powerful!

Also, the sheer amount of Engrish on these shirts is giving me life.20220709_165519.jpg.6889c61ad52aea9fabd60cf979de9e5b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Noxxbunny

That lucky bag is so tempting lol...My fox finally shipped on the 5th, but sadly I'm moving next month so I had to have them sent to my family's house instead. I'm a little miffed that it'll be pretty close to a year wait before I finally get this doll. I like them a lot, but I think I may stick with in stock dolls from now on...I don't got the patience for this lol. 😆

• Like 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Astraea

Pic of the new 1/4 girl! 

I can't really tell if she's on the Macoco body with the slim legs or the regular 1/4 body (I think it's the regular one?) but I think she looks really cool, her outfit is amazing and I want to see her face close up already 😭

• Like 1

Veravey
57 minutes ago, Astraea said:

Pic of the new 1/4 girl!

Oooooo~

I'm not a huge fan of Alice themes but I do love her screening, wig, and honestly the dress; the frontal bow is too cute. She would look perfect beside Liluta.

Edited by Veravey

Cheesecake
1 hour ago, Astraea said:

Pic of the new 1/4 girl! 

I can't really tell if she's on the Macoco body with the slim legs or the regular 1/4 body (I think it's the regular one?) but I think she looks really cool, her outfit is amazing and I want to see her face close up already 😭

According to the official weibo announcement, it's a new design with the D-02 head, so it should be the regular 1/4. The MACOCO line uses heads labelled with "M".

• Like 1

xmintpie

The new girl looks so cute! I love her hair and face so far, can't wait for close up pics!

Instagram: xmintpie

Dolorre

She's cute! I wish I could house 1/4 scale dolls.

I have to admit, I caved and bought Candy (with faceup) because of this thread. Can't wait to get her. Got an outfit planned for her and everything. 😄

monkeypizzasonic

Oooo, am tempted.

Riesz

She's lovely but I'm running out of space for dolls so I have to be pickier and pickier lately! 😭

• Sad 1

bananaaether

Wow, I'm really frustrated... I feel like this is my own stupid newbie mistake, but it still sucks so much. So I got Shirley, she's my first ever 1/4 doll which has been a dream of mine for over a decade. I saved up for her and everything... and in my excitement to sew her some new accessories, I brushed up against (yes, brushed against, didn't even lay it on her for more than a second) her skin with a red fabric that I guess didn't agree with whatever this coating on their skin is, and it immediately left a huge ugly blemish on her. So I tried to gently scrub it off with a melamine sponge, and the coating on her skin started to come off. I'm devastated and I feel so stupid, I should have realized the coating on the skin would be fragile. I don't even know what to do because now I'm afraid to handle the spots that chipped off. Ugh... Anyway, I'm just posting this as a warning horror story for anyone who might be as stupid as I am.😢 Please be careful about what fabrics you let touch your Tinyfox.

Edited by bananaaether
  • Sad 4

Astraea
1 hour ago, bananaaether said:

Wow, I'm really frustrated... I feel like this is my own stupid newbie mistake, but it still sucks so much. So I got Shirley, she's my first ever 1/4 doll which has been a dream of mine for over a decade. I saved up for her and everything... and in my excitement to sew her some new accessories, I brushed up against (yes, brushed against, didn't even lay it on her for more than a second) her skin with a red fabric that I guess didn't agree with whatever this coating on their skin is, and it immediately left a huge ugly blemish on her. So I tried to gently scrub it off with a melamine sponge, and the coating on her skin started to come off. I'm devastated and I feel so stupid, I should have realized the coating on the skin would be fragile. I don't even know what to do because now I'm afraid to handle the spots that chipped off. Ugh... Anyway, I'm just posting this as a warning horror story for anyone who might be as stupid as I am.😢 Please be careful about what fabrics you let touch your Tinyfox.

Oh no! Hopefully it's not in too noticeable an area, thanks for the warning 😢 Does it look much different?

• Like 1

Riesz
2 hours ago, bananaaether said:

Oh no!! I wonder if you could spray her with Mr Super Clear Matte or Testors Dullcote to restore the finish? I'm not really sure...

• Like 1

Veravey
2 hours ago, bananaaether said:

I'm devastated and I feel so stupid, I should have realized the coating on the skin would be fragile.

It's ok love, any one of us could have made that mistake, fabrics can be little fiends in this hobby. @Riesz's idea is probably what I would do, too. For consistency, I'd evenly removing the coating on the whole section of that leg (thigh or shin) and then seal in that piece with a matte top coat spray.

This video has good visual examples of the slight differences in matte finishes (don't mind the ink bleeding he's going over, that wouldn't affect you):

This video has some decent comparisons, too:

And this one:

None will create that soft feeling the original finish has but I've heard some people saying their older dolls have started losing it already anyway. Plus I don't think having one part of her sealed like this will be drastically noticeable. <3 When you're done, if you feel it's bugging you, I would personally do the same to the same part of the opposite leg to have both sides match.

If you need any advice on spraying, safety masks, procedures, etc., let me know. And I hope we can see your cutie Shirley in the future!

• Like 2

Astraea

More pics! I really want to see her without the wig before I decide if I want her but I love her tired eyes and the teeth detail is very cute

• Like 3

Veravey
42 minutes ago, Astraea said:

I love her tired eyes and the teeth detail is very cute.

Agreed~

I love how dreamy she looks! From the close-ups, it looks like her dress images are embroidered, just like Fibonacci's wing cape. I love that detailing.

Edited by Veravey
embroidery comment
  • Like 1

xmintpie

wow I love her mouth and the darkness around her eyes, she would look so cute in gothic clothing❤️

• Like 2

Instagram: xmintpie

bananaaether
21 hours ago, Veravey said:

If you need any advice on spraying, safety masks, procedures, etc., let me know. And I hope we can see your cutie Shirley in the future!

Thank you so much everyone for being so kind and giving me such good advice and resources! Since one of her hands was a spot where the coating chipped off, I've decided to try removing the rest just on her hand and giving it a test spray with MSC. In case it's relevant to anyone else here, I will note that the skin underneath the coating is SLIGHTLY less pink and a tad more yellow. Here's a photo of it in the process of being removed. Sorry my phone camera is a little bad.

Edited by bananaaether
typo
  • Like 3

Veravey
1 minute ago, bananaaether said:

In case it's relevant to anyone else here, I will not that the skin underneath the coating is SLIGHTLY less pink and a tad more yellow.

That's really interesting and good to know! I definitely see less pink on the base layer.

1 minute ago, bananaaether said:

I've decided to try removing the rest just on her hand and giving it a test spray with MSC.

Don't forget to wear a mask when spraying. <3

Edited by Veravey
  • Like 1

Roserolls

AAAAAAAAA MY YI ARRIVED YESTERDAY! She is so cuuuuute! She really is quite heavy and her vinyl feels super soft and smooth as others have said. I didn't put her in her socks and garter she came with though, since I was afraid they would stain, and because of that I wasn't able to get her boots on her either. The outfits really are tight! Also, her base dress and collar remind me a lot of the characters in Shadow House for some reason. I've never had a doll with black hair AND bangs before so I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with the hair itself staining? (the wig cap is a light color thankfully) Also thank you @Mizuumi-no-Otome for describing how to fix the loose neck peg! It happened to my doll too and the method worked perfectly, I just had to turn it to the right instead of the left. Anyway, I'm thinking about naming her Patchouli, what do you all think? 🤎

1675090350_compress4.jpg.a76112ba21ea8f0f5acd7fe17ce1472d.jpgcompress.jpg.ca496cbb7993be093f4e22988da38a65.jpgcompress3.jpg.dfcf7294849c169900538477e26d4cc9.jpg

(this is my first time posting photos, so I hope it turns out okay!😖)

• Like 6

Maia
2 hours ago, Roserolls said:

AAAAAAAAA MY YI ARRIVED YESTERDAY! She is so cuuuuute! She really is quite heavy and her vinyl feels super soft and smooth as others have said. I didn't put her in her socks and garter she came with though, since I was afraid they would stain, and because of that I wasn't able to get her boots on her either. The outfits really are tight! Also, her base dress and collar remind me a lot of the characters in Shadow House for some reason. I've never had a doll with black hair AND bangs before so I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with the hair itself staining? (the wig cap is a light color thankfully) Also thank you @Mizuumi-no-Otome for describing how to fix the loose neck peg! It happened to my doll too and the method worked perfectly, I just had to turn it to the right instead of the left. Anyway, I'm thinking about naming her Patchouli, what do you all think? 🤎

1675090350_compress4.jpg.a76112ba21ea8f0f5acd7fe17ce1472d.jpgcompress.jpg.ca496cbb7993be093f4e22988da38a65.jpgcompress3.jpg.dfcf7294849c169900538477e26d4cc9.jpg

(this is my first time posting photos, so I hope it turns out okay!😖)

Congrats on your Yi and I think Patchouli is a nice name for her! :)

ragnamuffin
12 hours ago, Astraea said:

What’s this about a violent rabbit?! Why am I having flashbacks to the killer rabbit from Monty Python?! 😂

• Haha 6

RetroKanojo

For those who wanted a better look at her face! What a dreamy expression 🥰

• Like 3

monkeypizzasonic
9 hours ago, Roserolls said:

I actually put a thin pair of socks under my Yi's socks because I was afraid of staining as well.