Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

2021 DD Pre-order Project - FFXIV Y'shtola

Weltfremd

Omg I think I have to pre-order... 

I don't really like her face though, it's too realistic for my taste. But it's my favorite outfit and she is tan?! 

BeyondTime

One small detail: Full price of ¥ 99,880 due at the time of booking, so no deposit if you order from Japan this time.

She is kind of SD styled like Nier which is interesting, and her ears look to be plastic built into the wig.

Unless this is the start of Tan being offered on the online store, tan is kind of a turn off to me. No option hands, busts, or replacement parts with a tan doll outside of Japan.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

marishade

I agree, I was just looking at that too, "wait, where is the deposit option?". I do not think I can get her if she remains "all up front". I also feel like the pre-order time period is a little shorter than normal? Maybe it's just because it was moved up in time table?

Edited by marishade

Geck_O

Well I went ahead and preordered her... I regret not getting the preorder for 2B and I'm afraid She'll be going for super expensive on the after market.  Also glad they let her be the darker skin tone

Emily460e

I’m literally so happy 😭 I’m a huge ffxiv fan. I’m honestly surprised they decided to do ffxiv first. I thought maybe they would do tifa or lighting first.

battrastard
7 minutes ago, Monty said:

Sadly I think this could potentially not result in as much new blood as hoped because that’s a HUGE sticker shock for someone not in this hobby yet…

Um, yeah. "Sticker Shock" indeed....

While most display picture never really do any justice to the dolls, they're usually more awesome in person. 

Whoever took the pics on the SE site did an incredible job! 

I haven't followed the FF franchise, but, she's just.... wow......

I'd pick her up, if it wasn't going to be another year plus to have her in hand, I did this last year with the Touhou Mochi Aschi project, I understand the 

reasoning, but I'm too friggin impatient, dammit!! @onion2@@onion4@

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Veravey

Oh my god, NEVER ever would I have guessed this was the event. Wow. WOW. I'm beyond excited.

All day at work today I kept thinking "tonight is going to be such a great night, Dollfie announcement, Final Fantasy 14 Live Letter on the new expansion, I can't wait!"

Never, EVER, did I put the two together for a second. I'm still watching the Live Letter as I write this.

Wow.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Noxxbunny

Wow she's pretty! Luckily I'm safe since I'm not familiar with her, but I'm really blown away by all the finer details of her outfit. I hate to ask the dreaded question though... Will she have human ears under that wig or not? 😂 I'll be quite curious to find out. 

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Beani
1 hour ago, Wasabi said:

Oh help. I just realised that FFXIV is having a live stream today and right now the small dream of getting FFXIV dollfies is starting to take place in my heart.

*quickly tunes in to the remainder of the live stream

Well done on calling it!

WOW though. This girl is stunning. The photos are so much more impressive than usual for Volks (maybe SE was involved?) to the point where I worry she won't look so great in person. I'll be watching to see when they plan the in store display for her, given she is already up for order it will hopefully be soon.

I've been struggling to avoid playing FFXIV for so long and this is NOT helping. Beautiful doll.

Edit: Shame the deposit isn't an option this time. I paid in full for my 2B but would have liked the deposit option this time round.

Edited by Beani

marishade

I did not even think to ask that @Noxxbunny
 . . . I wonder if they will do a box opening video like with Meiko, then we could confirm. I would be surprised if they didn't include normal ears. . . But also a little not?

Veravey
37 minutes ago, Monty said:

It’s wild to me that she literally is already available to preorder, that’s gotta be a first… but it wouldn’t be a Squeenix is collab if they didnt insist on doing it their way.

They've timed the closing of her pre-order period with the launch of Endwalker within 2 days of each other.

This is a very big deal. Endwalker is the end to the whole FFXIV saga. It's the final chapter since the story began in 2010. I can't believe I didn't see this coming.

Edited by Veravey

BeyondTime

I’m really not liking her eyes, she looks like she has severe cataracts. Not sure if this character is blind, but the eyes are really off-putting on a doll. They look like a washed texture out as opposed to looking like eyes. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I’m really not liking her eyes, she looks like she has severe cataracts. Not sure if this character is blind, but the eyes are really off-putting on a doll. They look like a washed texture out as opposed to looking like eyes. 

I had the same initial impression but looking at her more they have grown on me. They give a nice mystical vibe and the hint of cat eye pupil when the light hits certain ways is really pretty. At least replacing eyes is easy for those who don't like them at all.

Looking at the photos more the details on her are just crazy. 

• Like 1

Veravey
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Not sure if this character is blind

Spoiler

She is. She sees using the aether around everyone/everything. She goes blind during the story, it's a pretty big event.

Edited by Veravey
  • Like 1

Beani
3 minutes ago, Veravey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She is. She sees using the aether around everyone/everything. She goes blind during the story, it's a pretty big event.

Spoiler

So how many people are likely to buy her and swap in teal eyes?

• Haha 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Oh God....she's gorgeous! I don't know a lot about FF but I LOVE her face. 

Wondering if I can find somebody to do a split because I only want the naked doll and her eyes.....maybe the ears. 

marishade

I actually like the eyes she comes with, so if I get her I will probably leave them in.

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, Beani said:
  Hide contents

So how many people are likely to buy her and swap in teal eyes?

If I get her, she is getting an eye swap. I’m sure people who are into the character will want her true to the character, but to me her eyes look washed out and faded next to the vibrance of her face up. The great thing about these dolls is you can swap the wig and eyes. 

If the ears are built in, I do hope she gets a quality wig and not a 9S wig. 

The photos do seem similar in quality / character to the Nier promos, so I’d expect squeenix played a role in taking them.  

Just noticed the tattoo on her neck too.  

oyashiro

Uggghhh

Final Fantasy XIV is my favorite game of all time and a huge component of my life. I was hoping whatever this promotion was would be something I would be safe from, but this is basically the last thing I could have expected...and I am IN DANGER.

It's really frustrating that they are asking for the full amount up front though. Generally speaking, Volks just asks for a deposit and then you pay the rest when the doll is ready to ship, correct? If I recall correctly, that's how it worked for 2B... It's really hard to scrape together 1k for a fun, non-essential item with no warning whatsoever x_x

• Haha 1

Beani
8 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Just noticed the tattoo on her neck too.  

I totally missed that. They really went all out. Though this makes the torso almost as dangerous to stain as the head.. 

2 minutes ago, oyashiro said:

Generally speaking, Volks just asks for a deposit and then you pay the rest when the doll is ready to ship, correct? If I recall correctly, that's how it worked for 2B... It's really hard to scrape together 1k for a fun, non-essential item with no warning whatsoever x_x

Yeah, Volks usually has a deposit option and they did for 2B so the lack of one this time is a bit of a mystery. While it's not much time you do have until November 21st. Two months is still hard but at least easier than if it was a week or two (which would be totally unreasonable).

• Like 1

Veravey
3 minutes ago, oyashiro said:

Final Fantasy XIV is my favorite game of all time and a huge component of my life. I was hoping whatever this promotion was would be something I would be safe from

My thoughts exactly. This is completely out of the left field for me. I've never experienced ordering/opening.owning a full-set doll, let alone a Volks one, and I'd really like to.

• Like 1

Veravey
16 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I do hope she gets a quality wig and not a 9S wig. 

What happened with 9S' wig? I only followed the 2B openings/reviews.

oyashiro
5 minutes ago, Beani said:

Yeah, Volks usually has a deposit option and they did for 2B so the lack of one this time is a bit of a mystery. While it's not much time you do have until November 21st. Two months is still hard but at least easier than if it was a week or two (which would be totally unreasonable).

Yeah, SE has this on the website and it's making me nervous though x_x 

• Limited quantity available. Pre-orders for this product are available for a limited time only: from September 17th 2021 at 10:30 PM PDT to November 21st 2021at 6:59 AM PST.
  • Pre-orders may end early once the maximum number of orders have been received.

Hopefully it does just stay open the whole time....

Beani
4 minutes ago, oyashiro said:

Yeah, SE has this on the website and it's making me nervous though x_x 

Hopefully it does just stay open the whole time....

Volks says that all orders within the period will be fulfilled. My guess is that maybe there is a set amount that can be sold through the SE stores (where Volks would get less money probably) and if that is exceeded people will have to order directly from Volks.