Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

2021 DD Pre-order Project - FFXIV Y'shtola

BeyondTime
13 minutes ago, Veravey said:

What happened with 9S' wig? I only followed the 2B openings/reviews.

His wig was awful based on owner reports. Volks can make very good wigs, but sometimes the color / texture  requirements set by the license holder result in a poor quality wig. 

6 minutes ago, Beani said:

Volks says that all orders within the period will be fulfilled. My guess is that maybe there is a set amount that can be sold through the SE stores (where Volks would get less money probably) and if that is exceeded people will have to order directly from Volks.

The annual pre-order always fulfills all orders. If they get too many orders they just change the delivery date. 

• Sad 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

battrastard
3 minutes ago, Beani said:

Volks says that all orders within the period will be fulfilled. My guess is that maybe there is a set amount that can be sold through the SE stores (where Volks would get less money probably) and if that is exceeded people will have to order directly from Volks.

Going through Volks seems the safer bet, although with the price, lack of a deposit, and the current state of the economy worldwide, I think there will

be enough to go around. 

(don't quote me, though, I haven't followed the FF world, but I do know it's quite popular.And, the two month order window won't hurt.)

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

oyashiro

Do we know if she will be available for pre-order directly through Volks as well? I can only find her on the SE store at the moment.

Edit: I'm dumb. I do see her on Volks' site.

Edited by oyashiro

moerunamida

Wow, she is insanely gorgeous. Think I'm safe, because I'm broke. Wow though!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

kalisha

I wanna cry ; ; i have play ffXI from the begining and for at least 3 years, my character was a Mithra, i have played ffXIV too but only one year, i love the doll very much but iys killing me that its full payment, i dont have the money and not job.

Veravey
55 minutes ago, Beani said:

Looking at the photos more the details on her are just crazy. 

From the Volks site: "Shoes: We included the ley lines that are imprinted on the soles of her shoes, just like the ones she wears in-game."

Wowowow.

• Like 2

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Beani
17 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

The annual pre-order always fulfills all orders. If they get too many orders they just change the delivery date. 

Yes, but the SE store listings specifically mention that they may close orders early if they exceed the limit. Perhaps that is just boilerplate text but it seems strange to leave in for a made-to-order product.

Given Volks usually has exclusive distribution for their dolls (along with official partners) it just seems possible that part of the contract may involve a set amount that can be sold through SE's storefront, perhaps with a larger portion of sales going to them in said case. 

All just a guess of course, but if I order her it will be through Volks either way.

finnleo

Well this was a interesting thing to be interrupted while diving deep into factorio ....

amusing to be sort of right for a change, though with the whole Stratocaster collab I wasnt really that surprised in the end, still weird they didnt do a pair deal ... so there went the Stormblood Lyse wish .. oh well...

Because she is available through multiple places, it might be worth checking what the price is on the european sqeenix store if that ends up with a smaller total considering import fee's.

For those not in the know where this iteration of 'shtola is from:

Yes, it is a third expansion to a online RPG, so its probably not going to make much sense for people that havent played it, but 'shtola appears at the 2:40 mark ... and dont mind her being called Matoya by Urianger.

She's also in the latest expansion trailer at the 4:10 mark:

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

oyashiro

As far as anyone can tell - does it look like any of the places you can pre-order are allowing for a deposit? I went through the process of pseudo buying her on both Volks' USA and JP websites, and they both seem as though they would be collecting the entire payment upfront.

I want to be wrong about this ^^; 

• Like 1

Veravey
4 minutes ago, finnleo said:

but 'shtola appears at the 2:40 mark

I'm surprised you didn't link her iconic moment scratching the Forum's great marble floor just to piss them off. @onion9@

finnleo
5 minutes ago, Veravey said:

I'm surprised you didn't link her iconic moment scratching

*points to edit done five minutes ago ...*  

I still find the whole Lahee Raktika greatwood burning scene more impressive though.

Edited by finnleo
  • Haha 1

Beani

Some shots from the livestream. 

It's always weird seeing non-doll people reacting on Twitter to stuff like this. One basically said "She looks weird, I'd only pay $20 for this". @onion37@

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

marishade
8 minutes ago, Beani said:

It's always weird seeing non-doll people reacting on Twitter to stuff like this. One basically said "She looks weird, I'd only pay $20 for this". @onion37@

I would have responded "then she is not marketed to you".

• Like 3

Veravey
10 minutes ago, Beani said:

It's always weird seeing non-doll people reacting on Twitter to stuff like this.

I just had to explain in between gasps the level of my excitement to my guildmates. We were 4-5 hours into the Live Letter when I saw the DD news and had trouble explaining the merger of 2 of my largest hobbies.

They were really kind about it thankfully @onion22@

• Like 5

hellFlower

I'm in danger. I'm in so much danger... to think I was already shelling my WOL in resin form... I'm gonna have to ditch that and find a vinyl shell for her now! 

Not entirely sure If I'll be able to save up enough before the pre-order ends, but I'll definitely get Y'shtola one way or another, even if I have to wait until she starts shipping.

• Like 1

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Really sad the payment is up-front! If I do decide to get her, I'll definitely have to find a split partner.  

22 minutes ago, Beani said:

One basically said "She looks weird, I'd only pay $20 for this".

I saw this when the BTS x Mattel dolls came out (which were like 20$ from the start), some of the fans were calling them ugly and sending pictures of BJDs like "they should look like this" not realizing the dolls they were referencing were 500$+ lol. 

Sometimes it is funny to see how people react to the prices of dolls like this, I don't think they realize that "doll" is a genre of artistic medium, not just a plaything for children. 

Edited by Mizuumi-no-Otome
  • Like 6

nami

I'm canonblind, but I think she looks amazing! I really like the look of her and am quite tempted!! Also curious about how those rabbit (?) ears are connected. Would they be connected by magnets like for resin dolls?

Her all black outfit scares me though... Are there even tan bodysuits?

BeyondTime
49 minutes ago, Beani said:

Yes, but the SE store listings specifically mention that they may close orders early if they exceed the limit. Perhaps that is just boilerplate text but it seems strange to leave in for a made-to-order product.

Her page on the store has the following bullet point: All those who make a reservation within the period can purchase.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Suldrun45
53 minutes ago, Beani said:

Well, the wig looks like she was unpacked 5 minutes before the stream. She would have looked better if someone had combed her hair^^

Instant purchase for me :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

finnleo

Some In-game screencaps, pardon some of the lighting as I logged into the game it was night, and the cutscenes reflect in game time of day:

51489599090_2794a02bed_b.jpg

51488889323_fd140fb444_b.jpg

51487881207_15e203228d_b.jpg

51489598845_05a5aa0d24_b.jpg

51488669181_43cfacd915_b.jpg

51489382179_92390936b8_b.jpg

And why people love her:

51488668881_81f9daae3b_b.jpg

51489381909_6bfb824623_b.jpg

51489381769_897aa5b29b_b.jpg

51488668511_c6c673fb3c_b.jpg

The one quote that killed me personally with Y'Shtola is the "I'll send you to bed without supper" thing ... which unfortunately is a unvoiced cut-scene and cant be replayed without re-doing a bunch of things.

• Like 4

Eiko82

Woooooow!!!!! She looks absolutely gorgeous!!! I love her ❤️

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Beani
42 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Her page on the store has the following bullet point: All those who make a reservation within the period can purchase.

Yes, on Volks. For those wanting to wait, we can be sure Volks will have some available until the very end of the period as normal. My point is that we shouldn't assume Square Enix will also be available the whole time. For some people, that won't matter. But for EU people wanting to source her locally it will.

SE NA: Pre-orders may end early once the maximum number of orders have been received.

SE EU: Pre-orders may end early once the maximum number of orders have been received.

SE JP: 期間中であっても、予定数量に達し次第、終了いたします。 "Even during the reservation period, orders may end if the limit is reached."

1 hour ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

Really sad the payment is up-front! If I do decide to get her, I'll definitely have to find a split partner.  

I saw this when the BTS x Mattel dolls came out (which were like 20$ from the start), some of the fans were calling them ugly and sending pictures of BJDs like "they should look like this" not realizing the dolls they were referencing were 500$+ lol. 

Sometimes it is funny to see how people react to the prices of dolls like this, I don't think they realize that "doll" is a genre of artistic medium, not just a plaything for children. 

Wow that is hilarious, it's amazing how people just have no clue how much these things can cost to look really great. 

18 minutes ago, finnleo said:

And why people love her:

51489381909_6bfb824623_b.jpg

51488668511_c6c673fb3c_b.jpg

The one quote that killed me personally with Y'Shtola is the "I'll send you to bed without supper" thing ... which unfortunately is a unvoiced cut-scene and cant be replayed without re-doing a bunch of things.

Please don't make me love the character. My resistance to FFXIV and the doll can't take it.

Nyx Whitestar

She's so beautiful, I think she is my fav DD ever, she has it all: amazing sculpt, beautiful tan, wonderful mouth, incredible full set... her design is so cool! It was an instant buy!! So glad it is a preorder <3

An information that may help: I bought her on Square Enix UE store by Paypal, and payment in x4 without fees was proposed by Paypal! It may be helpful for those who can't pay upfront.

And I'm so glad to see more and more collabs SE x Volks, I hope they will continue, I still hope for FF7 DD 😁

Edited by Nyx Whitestar
  • Like 3

ig-log10.png ap10.png