Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

2021 DD Pre-order Project - FFXIV Y'shtola

Project

2 hours ago, Riesz said:

I decided to order her through Volks rather than Square Enix's shop.

Also here's a tan bodysuit for her in case anyone else is interested (thanks Tim!) - https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=9571

SE store is complete garbage at packaging things, would have rather ordered from volks, oh well.

Edited by Project

Veravey

So what’s the probability they continue with more character? 

I would die for Lyse, Ryne, Gaia, and Yugiri. I would die twice at Krile and kimono Tateru, but lala bodies would be more difficult to market for Volks.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

hats
8 minutes ago, Veravey said:

I would die for Lyse, Ryne, Gaia, and Yugiri. I would die twice at Krile and kimono Tateru, but lala bodies would be more difficult to market for Volks.

That would be so bad for my wallet. 

• Haha 1

BeyondTime
31 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Her description makes a reference to a series but the wording makes me think it’s a machine translation fail. 

She is available on Volks USA too. She’s full price up front, and her page says delivery in “Early 2023” in boldface. That last part might be a typo, because normally it would be expected to be early 2022. If it’s a typo I’m sure they will correct it in a day or two. If it is correct that’s hard on Volks USA because who is going to plunk down $1000 for a two year wait when they can get her in a year from Japan?

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=12936

Edit: Corrected my logic fail…

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

asianed
9 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Her description makes a reference to a series but the wording makes me think it’s a machine translation fail. 

She is available on Volks USA too. She’s full price up front, and her page says delivery in “Early 2023” in boldface. That last part might be a typo, because normally it would be expected to be early 2022. If it’s a typo I’m sure they will correct it in a day or two. 

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=12936

It's possible that Volks USA will get shipments for distribution last? That's usually what happens for new releases of dolls and clothing (with the exception of Icon). 

With the preorder available globally through SE, will SE get the first allocations to ship? Will Volks just handle shipping to everyone globally? Will it be a free for all? 

Veravey
13 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

She’s full price up front, and her page says delivery in “Early 2023” in boldface.

I think the Square page said Christmas 2022, and during the Live Letter said December 2022, so early 2023 isn't too off.

Poofiemus
3 hours ago, nami said:

And she's now on display at Akihabara Doll Point! Hoshitsukiya (Volks Friend Shop) managed to take some photos of her here.

I'm now waiting for Hoshitsukiya to put her up for order. Hope they'll allow me to play a deposit...

Oh she looks so much more gentle in these shots. Since I don't play the game I actually like this vibe better.

That black microcode outfit screams "stain city", though. Hopefully it can be given a vinegar soak without messing up all those pleats too badly.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

BeyondTime
17 minutes ago, asianed said:

With the preorder available globally through SE, will SE get the first allocations to ship? Will Volks just handle shipping to everyone globally? Will it be a free for all? 

It’s just really strange for it to be an extra year when normally it’s just a shipping delay of 2 months. I notice the Japan page labels her “First Delivery.”

39 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Going back to this question.

Here is one interesting tidbit about their site design.

They have a main section for XIV.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/finalfantasyxiv/

Then she has her own page. 

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/finalfantasyxiv/dd_yshtola.html

This might indicate a planned series. Based on what I know of the game Y’shtola is a logical first. Pretty sure she’s the last major 1.0 character standing. 

11 minutes ago, Veravey said:

I think the Square page said Christmas 2022, and during the Live Letter said December 2022, so early 2023 isn't too off.

You’re right. I forgot this is the pre-order project so the delivery is expected to be 2022 / 2023, and the Volks USA date is therefore totally normal. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

iPOUT

Didn't expect a FF character. Well, guess I'm safe since I don't know anything about the series and that's a huge price tag with no deposit option. XD But I'm glad that volks is creating more tan dolls. Hopefully this will make tan optional hands and parts more available to collectors in the future.

asianed
3 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

This might indicate a planned series. Based on what I know of the game Y’shtola is a logical first. Pretty sure she’s the last major 1.0 character standing. 

There are others from before the meteor, though Y'shtola is kind of a mascot for the game. 

Of the Scions, Thancred, Urianger, and (technically) Lyse are all survivors from 1.0. Then there are all the main characters from the city states. Y'shtola is probably one of the first that you meet, she was in the benchmark for 1.0 (which is a playthrough of thr Limsa Lominsa starting CG). 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
9 minutes ago, asianed said:

Lyse are all survivors from 1.0.

If I understand it correctly the character Y’da was 1.0, and Lyse is really a relative of some sort who posed as Y’da after her death? If they made Lyse it would open the possibility of an Y’da alt costume  

I think you can rule out the boys as future collabs. I just don’t see that happening anymore than I’d expect Volks to do iM@S Side M.

Veravey
3 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Lyse is really a relative of some sort who posed as Y’da after her death?

Partially correct, yes. Y'da was Lyse's sister, they fled their home due to unrest. They weren't royalty but their dad was connected to the guard or something.

Spoiler

Y'da passed and for years Lyse used her name while working alongside Papalymo (bless him, may he rest in peace.) I don't think it's confirmed why she did this, maybe coping? But when Papay passes, his last words were to tell her to walk her own path, which she does to honor his wish.

That's when "Lyse" returns and she swears to free her homeland and that's a big part of the Stormblood story.

I'm not sure if this is something that should be hidden as a spoiler on a thread like this?

• Thanks 1

mayaiincho

Neat but this girl is a pass. 

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

finnleo
1 hour ago, asianed said:

Of the Scions, Thancred, Urianger, and (technically) Lyse

dont forget F'lhammin (or however you spelled her name), then agian she's a bit of a major/minor character. (sort of have a soft spot for her, as my moonkeeper is near enough identical in terms of face options, and what bits of story she does have with the red mage story, and MSQ)

Edited by finnleo

Project
2 hours ago, Veravey said:

Probably after Y'Shtola the character with the most thirsty fans would probably be G'Raha.  Not sure if they would really be doll people though given the reaction of most my 14 friends lol.

Edited by Project
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Veravey said:

I would die for Lyse, Ryne, Gaia, and Yugiri.

Looking over the art I can see them making Lyse in the future. Her outfit is gorgeous and she has a unique face that seems suited to the realistic DD sculpts. It seems like a lot of the NPC’s have kind of a typical face that seems more in line with player character faces than unique characters.

Gaia is plausible, but Ryne seem less likely to me. I can’t comment on their significance in the game, but while they are both potentially cute sculpts Ryne’s outfit just seems kind of meh. Yugiri seems highly unlikely given the bony plates on her face.

Alphinaud could be the first male DDP if they made him.

Veravey
8 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Looking over the art I can see them making Lyse in the future.

Absolutely! That was 100% my first thought, too. The way I explained it to my boyfriend is that Lyse has such a beautiful design, she would appeal to a wider range of doll hobbyists over just FFXIV players. Plus she's human, and isn't illustrated with weapons since she became the leader of the resistance in her country. 

If I had to guess, Y'Shtola was a safe bet because she's the most popular Scion member, and she probably had a higher chance to speak to both DD and FFXIV fans almost equally, so I understand why they chose her. I'm hoping they consider Lyse, Ryne, and Gaia after her success.

I agree that Yugiri is likely never going to happen. She's very well liked but more of a minor character. Ryne is very important, and Gaia is also but newer however she has a strong following, too.

Edited by Veravey

Veravey
52 minutes ago, Project said:

G'Raha

100%, his following is enormous and for good reason. But (and again, I'm still learning about Volks) but I'm assuming the chances of a male IP is extremely tiny.

• Like 1

asianed
6 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Looking over the art I can see them making Lyse in the future. Her outfit is gorgeous and she has a unique face that seems suited to the realistic DD sculpts. It seems like a lot of the NPC’s have kind of a typical face that seems more in line with player character faces than unique characters.

Gaia is plausible, but Ryne seem less likely to me. I can’t comment on their significance in the game, but while they are both potentially cute sculpts Ryne’s outfit just seems kind of meh. Yugiri seems highly unlikely given the bony plates on her face.

Lyse is a very polarizing character. People either love her or think she's completely useless. Graha Tia or the twins would be high on the list for me. I actually have a custom resin girl that's getting the Gaia treatment. I also have some YoSDs getting turned into Krille, Nanamo, and Tataru. 

• Like 1

Veravey
1 minute ago, asianed said:

Krille, Nanamo, and Tataru

A Krile YoSD would make me so happy. Her outfit is one of of my favorites by a long shot.

• Like 1

hats
21 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Volks have mercy on my wallet. 😂 I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

asianed
14 minutes ago, Veravey said:

A Krile YoSD would make me so happy. Her outfit is one of of my favorites by a long shot.

I think the lalafels might work on the MDD mochi bodies as well. 

Also, here is my Gaia! I've forgotten what her head and body are. I bought her years ago second hand and she was a mishmash of parts. 

IMG_20210918_172047.jpg

When I saw her in-game for the first time, my brain went "wait, I think I have that doll..." 

Edited by asianed
  • Like 7

BeyondTime
16 minutes ago, Veravey said:

But (and again, I'm still learning about Volks) but I'm assuming the chances of a male IP is extremely tiny.

It’s not impossible, they did it with Vocaloid, SAO, and Nier. It’s just very rare and unless I am mistaken two of those are main characters from major franchises. A supporting character like Thancred just seems like a long shot to me.

asianed
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

It’s not impossible, they did it with Vocaloid, SAO, and Nier. It’s just very rare and unless I am mistaken two of those are main characters from major franchises. A supporting character like Thancred just seems like a long shot to me.

It feels far more likely to have Alphinaud and Alisae. Since they're twins, they could at least share a head mold. 

Accessories, on the other hand... I'd be curious to know how someone would solve the Sage weapon. 

• Like 1

Veravey
1 minute ago, asianed said:

I'd be curious to know how someone would solve the Sage weapon. 

Making Sage Alphinaud would be something along the lines of making a Kantai Collection DD: lots of clear poles holding up floating accessories. @onion22@