Baldylox

BeyondTime

2021 DD Pre-order Project - FFXIV Y'shtola

monkeypizzasonic

Oh nooooo tan semi-real dd I am weak...

Edited by monkeypizzasonic

abs2891
10 minutes ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

An information that may help: I bought her on Square Enix UE store by Paypal, and payment in x4 without fees was proposed by Paypal! It may be helpful for those who can't pay upfront.

Was wondering if that’d be an option for people.  Another would be if you can get PayPal credit, they should offer 6 month interest free financing given her price.

I guess Square wanted the money upfront because less risk but feel the pain for those of you buying.  I think I’m safe, but she is quite pretty - the staff is really nicely sculpted. 

Irulazuli
16 minutes ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

And I'm so glad to see more and more collabs SE x Volks, I hope they will continue, I still hope for FF7 DD 😁

I think FF7 is a given at this point... Maybe they need a more muscular boy body for Cloud first?

2 hours ago, Beani said:

It's always weird seeing non-doll people reacting on Twitter to stuff like this. One basically said "She looks weird, I'd only pay $20 for this". @onion37@

*facepalm*

By the way, do you think these are actual teeth? My adoration would increase tenfold of they were.

magique

She's so gorgeous! She has the sort of face I was expecting the nier dolls to have. Her outfit is really lovely, too. 

borrie

I don’t think this has been covered yet, but do you think she will only have one set of ears? Miqo’te only have the furry set on top of their heads.

It doesn’t bother me since I would personally keep her as Y’shtola, but for those who would modify her, a lack of human ears could be eerie.

kino

miqote do not have human ears, I dont think square enix would let her have 2 pairs of ears lmao. 

the cat ears are probably plastic bc SE was specific about the ear shape tbh.

finnleo
12 minutes ago, borrie said:

but do you think she will only have one set of ears?

All DD characters that have featured animal ears have had normal human ears to go with them (Millhiore, Mashiro). you can just about see the outline of a normal ear inside the wig in one of the promo shots for y'shtola.

This one to be precise:

51489233038_836374bfcc_b.jpg

also one thing worty of note:

For EU people you might really want to calculate the difference in cost from Volks and paying import duties vs. buying from the square EU shop, personally I saw a healthy 150€ difference in Volks's favor after calculating possible customs and taxes (calculated with todays rates)

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 3

merry-go-round

@finnleo I hesited to order because I can't see the ears (normal the character is not human) but for custom purpose it's complicated. 

I see like the cap of wig and not the beginning of the ear. 

By the way, if this Wonderfull girl has ears, I consider split her (I just want the head and the body). 

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

asianed

I woke up to this news and could not throw my money at them fast enough. Took the first opportunity and ordered through SE's US store (didn't realize Volks was an option). I guess that just means more SE rewards points for me? 

I've been playing XIV since the launch of 1.0 and have always wanted a collab. Y'shtola seems to be the perfect fit for the first outing. If there is a Graha Tia or Alphinaud/Allisae, God help me... 

Of course, now I have to explain to my raid group this doll thing...

• Haha 1

monkeypizzasonic

Sakura dollfie dreams said on insta they're doing short layaways for her. 

asianed

They have some video of her during the live stream. Go to 6 hours and 55 minutes in to see! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That_Dollfie_Dude
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

She is kind of SD styled like Nier which is interesting, and her ears look to be plastic built into the wig.

Perhaps they will use magnets to keep her ears attached like they do with Super Dollfie.  For example, here's my SD (naked, magnet visible on her head) and another picture of her dressed with her wig on, and you can see how her ears look.  I think this is nicer than sewing the ears into the wig.

image1.jpg

Nanami side shot.jpg

finnleo
13 minutes ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Perhaps they will use magnets to keep her ears attached

My money is on magnets too, since to me in the promo pics the ears are at different angles, as they tend to get with miqo's ... speaking of which I really want that exited Graha emote.

definately an improvement even in the promo pics compared to the banded ears from before.... then again "Picture is of a prototype, end result might be different."

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

nami

And she's now on display at Akihabara Doll Point! Hoshitsukiya (Volks Friend Shop) managed to take some photos of her here.

I'm now waiting for Hoshitsukiya to put her up for order. Hope they'll allow me to play a deposit...

whisski

I admittedly am not caught up in FF14 but Y’shtola looks incredible, they really got her details perfect.

I've been wanting to make a MDD of my Lalafell Warrior of Light at some point, but I think this is the excuse I need to bump those plans up to first priority 😆

abs2891
41 minutes ago, nami said:

And she's now on display at Akihabara Doll Point! Hoshitsukiya (Volks Friend Shop) managed to take some photos of her here.

I'm now waiting for Hoshitsukiya to put her up for order. Hope they'll allow me to play a deposit...

At first I was like, no way they’d not give her normal ears - they know some will want to customize her but looking at these, now I’m not so sure - they must be very flat if they’re there.  

Edit: So out of curiosity I went searching through Japanese Twitter and uh, at least according to this tweet of someone who went and saw her at Akihabara, when they asked the store attendant they said she does NOT have human ears so I suppose email volks if that’s a big deal for you bc there’s not much else chatter I can find but… square enix designers getting their way 1, volks customization 0 I guess?

Edited by abs2891
  • Like 1

Jezrah

I'm in the camp of thinking she's very beautiful and Volks did an awesome job with all her detailing, but since I don't play this game and am unfamiliar with the character it's a pass for me. (Which I'm thankful for what with the upfront payment.)

• Like 2

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

LynaLune

WOW, I was not expecting Y’shtola but she looks really really pretty as a doll 😭

I’m kinda sad that you have to pay in full upfront and wait a year. If she was a deposit I’d prob be more tempted. 

Edited by LynaLune

KittyFields

Oh my word, she's gorgeous! I don't play MMO's so I am not familiar with her character but everything about her is amazing. Her face, her makeup, her eyes, her animal parts, her outfit, her accessories... Shame she's pay all up-front though. I honestly might just cave and get her and put her on my life of credit even though I don't have the funds immediately... I saw what happened to DD 2B/9S prices and availability after their production period ended... 

• Like 3

BeyondTime
15 minutes ago, KittyFields said:

I saw what happened to DD 2B/9S prices and availability after their production period ended... 

You can find them on Mandarake for about ¥100,000 which isn’t that much of a markup for DD.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction