Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

TheAnimargus

Male Dollfie Dreams?

mitsuki

Maybe people got distracted by the war with scripple. I think you should post a voting topic for character suggestions in the Character Concepts section (unless you already did, then sorry). It would make it more visible. LordNoir was doing some experimenting too. I don't know if things were compatible in the end. You are going to start off with a girl first, right?

Dolly

If anyone wants to make a Mini Dollfie Dream boy, Obitsu is coming out with a 45cm boy body that I bet would work great with MDD or smaller DD heads. It looks like you might be able to try the chest piece on a MDD too. And at Wonfes this year they showed the 65cm boy again, hopefully it will be released soon too.

I think the real issue with making a male DD (or, a vinyl anime-style guy with a similar aesthetic) is the lack of available heads that work. It isn't bad if you want a young or cute looking boy, but if you want a more mature looking character like Vash (Trigun), Archer (Fate series), or Ichigo (Bleach) then you are out of luck. And even the more androgenous looking DD heads may be too small for 60cm+ male bodies.

I will be truly astonished if Volks ever releases a male DD. They seem to have established their target buyers as men, as is evidenced by the series that they make DD's of. And while women generally seem to like both male and female dolls, men don't seem to like male dolls as much.

What we really need is some enterprising individual to do like SQlabs and make some larger and less girly looking heads for us to plop on our boy-ified DD bodies and Obitsu bodies.

<3 At home: Smartdoll Dimension & Onward 

(*) Wishing for: Dollfie Dream

mitsuki

I agree that the head is a big deal. I wish there were more male looking heads. A little 45 cm boy sounds adorable. I think you can get away with a less masculine head for a little one. I would love to see a Ciel Phantomhive!

Lala Lolita
Maybe people got distracted by the war with scripple. I think you should post a voting topic for character suggestions in the Character Concepts section (unless you already did, then sorry). It would make it more visible. LordNoir was doing some experimenting too. I don't know if things were compatible in the end. You are going to start off with a girl first, right?

Ah, right, I'll move in there. And yes, that was the plan.

@blushingbjd

LordNoir

My experiments found that the obitsu male bust was a good fit for the DDII and the DDdy bodies, and it would only take minor skill to use some sculpey to make the "bulge" or even a fully detailed bit there to make a male DD. I'm going to be saving for a DDIII doll ( probably image character Aoi v2) to test as well. If all goes to plan, I may do an Sq lab head order and get a 45cm boy body from Parabox to make some cute boys to go with my girls.

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

mitsuki

I didn't even think about 45 cm boys before, but it sounds like such a cute idea. I agree that the "bits" don't have to be too detailed.

GebGeb

I don't ever think they will make one but I always wanted a boy DD. There's some great male protagonist in anime/game that they could make into DD. The first time I saw Saber, I thought of an Archer DD lol

TheAnimargus
I don't ever think they will make one but I always wanted a boy DD. There's some great male protagonist in anime/game that they could make into DD. The first time I saw Saber, I thought of an Archer DD lol

Archer DD would be awesome!

misskale

And I inherently thought of a different animated character called that.

leitan

...me too.

i hope he comes with a nice suit and at least five identical turtlenecks.

edit: any reason why BBCode is Off and not working? I have it checked On by default in my profile...

PlasticFantastic

...me too.

i hope he comes with a nice suit and at least five identical turtlenecks.

edit: any reason why BBCode is Off and not working? I have it checked On by default in my profile...

Probably because you haven't reached 20 posts yet.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

leitan

oh okay, i wasn't aware of that rule, thanks.

to stay on topic, i think the bishounen BJD market is already pretty much dominated by resin BJDs and their mostly female owners, and Volks doesn't have a big motive to cater to another niche (female DD collectors) when they've established their main niche (male anime fans)... and only the more androgynous and young males would fit the aesthetic of "Dollfie Dream". the Kenshin DD mod that was posted was really lovely though, so i am not at all against this idea as long as the character could look appropriate.

imistergore

A male Dollfie Dream would be amazing! I don't really like the other male dolls because they either look too gothic or vampirish for my taste. But to have a anime looking guy would be a blast of fresh air. I've seen some people actually make their girls look like men and I have to admit they look relly good. Plus my girl wants a boyfriend! I could already picture all the cute love scenes I could create with them.

LordNoir

It's been added to my plans to get an SQ lab Hitomi head for a DDIII body to make into my male DD. I already have his eyes and wig ready. All I'm waiting on is saving the funds to start bringing him in.

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

Amber

One day I hope to create a Tamaki Suoh doll so that he can marry my Sasara. LOL. He's so charming... He's always been one of my favorite male anime/manga characters.

34o97j8.png

It's too late for me to dream about Volks making him, since I think the Ouran High School Host Club craze kind of faded away. At one point it was really popular, but now it's been too long.

However I wouldn't mind Tokiya Ichinose from Uta no Prince-sama.

2efrj1j.jpg

If anyone has opinions on good head molds for either of them, let me know. It can be any Volks head or SQ-Lab.

PrettyCranium

Ouran DDs would be awesome. I think there was a live-action series and movie in Japan recently, so I think it's still popular. But I really think that Volks will never do it, sigh.

Amber

Really? There was!? Haha, I will have to look this up... Thanks for letting me know that, even if it may or may not lead to my Tamaki DD fantasy.

JChiibs
Ouran DDs would be awesome.

I would be beside myself over this, but that shouldn't be a surprise. I have wanted my own Kyoya for a long time now, and the DD size would be great, or a DDS for Kyoya and a DD for Mori. The only thing that still gets me (even with Tamayuki) is the girly chest. I don't mind the girly hips, but the chest is very hard to ignore unless it is covered all the time.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

PrettyCranium

Well, if we're dreaming of Ouran DDs, let's also dream of Fruits Basket DDs. They would come with little plushies of their animal forms that could be hugged by the girl DDs. Imagine DD Kyo, Yuki, et al, they would be adorable. Haru . . . my favorite . . . and they could do the girls, too! The whole cast! MDD Momiji would be the cutest thing ever.

Innocentsake
However I wouldn't mind Tokiya Ichinose from Uta no Prince-sama.

2efrj1j.jpg

If anyone has opinions on good head molds for either of them, let me know. It can be any Volks head or SQ-Lab.

Totally 2nd a Tokiya Ichinose in DD form, he is just too cute~!

Poofiemus

Oh god, PC, MDD Momiji would be ADORABLE. *incoherent squeal* Not to mention he'd drive Agatha nuts. XD

Though, thinking about it. . . Wouldn't a male DDS be a DDB?

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Amber
Well, if we're dreaming of Ouran DDs, let's also dream of Fruits Basket DDs. They would come with little plushies of their animal forms that could be hugged by the girl DDs. Imagine DD Kyo, Yuki, et al, they would be adorable. Haru . . . my favorite . . . and they could do the girls, too! The whole cast! MDD Momiji would be the cutest thing ever.

Yuki... I love Yuki so much! He is so cute, and I love his personality... If he were a DD, he would be paired up with my Moe for sure. If they made Fruits Basket DD, one of my friends who has no interest in dolls would suddenly have to have Kyo! Lol.

I also really love your plush idea. That is creative and I think that if it ever happened, that it would go over really well.

Totally 2nd a Tokiya Ichinose in DD form, he is just too cute~!

Lol, yes he is!!!

JChiibs

Shigure, Kyo, and Haru would by my choices. I would be head over heels! Shigure is just the best especially in glasses, I love Kyo's personality and that he's an orange cat, and Haru just cracks me up because I grew up in a cattle ranching town, and how could you not love his hair?? Momiji is cute, but I'd be afraid of letting him in my house and having him drive me crazy... Raven would think it was funny, for a while.

I've thought a few times before of making their animal forms out of fleece (not DD size though) but I thought I'd be the only one to care. For the DD scale felt would be better and pre-shrinking would be a must, but the fleece version would be so much more SQUISHY! Naiomi would love this idea though. AND if those are made, then there has to be the Ouran chibis done as well, it's a moral imperative! I have long considered that if I ever found the right shade of "Ouran jacket blue" fleece, my room would look a lot more like Renge's with mini Kyoya dolls piled everywhere! I may have to seriously think about this project because I have a large box of felt that has just been begging to be used, and they would be small enough to stick in my backpack to work on in my 3 hour break between classes.

Another wonderful use for the MDD is the gents from Hetalia, especially Italy and Germany! They would be SO FUN to make clothes for! Ok, I think I'll stop now... I'm having a squeal fest in my head. Luckily my nose hasn't started bleeding yet...

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

katnaper
One day I hope to create a Tamaki Suoh doll so that he can marry my Sasara. LOL. He's so charming... He's always been one of my favorite male anime/manga characters.

Tamaki would be so awesome. What head do you think would be good? I'd have to make my own Haruhi though, just because. And yeah Fruits Basket would be nice too. I really wish Volks would make male DDs (or that Obitsu would hurry up with the 65cm - the 55cm is too short ). BTW, what head mold (SQ Lab, Volks or otherwise) would anyone recommend for Edward Elric or Ciel. Either would be great on the 55cm. (I hope that wasn't OT).

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den