MagicalRozen

Baldylox

TheAnimargus

Male Dollfie Dreams?

JChiibs
If I ever wanted a male DD it wouldn't be a "pretty boy" for sure

An example would be Ryuji from Toradora

toradora-uji.jpg

Ryuuji!!! The only thing is I'd have to make a custom Taiga to go with him I agree though, none of the current heads would fit his character.

Personally I find him a bit creepy because of the elongated face but mostly from the tiny pupils. The glasses guy from Toradora is another story all together. I don't remember his name though, Raven and I only started watching it last night.

I do find it interesting to see what facial characteristics people would choose for a male DD, seems to be a lot more debate about it compared to the DD.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

katnaper

Personally I find him a bit creepy because of the elongated face but mostly from the tiny pupils. The glasses guy from Toradora is another story all together. I don't remember his name though, Raven and I only started watching it last night.

~Sister Kyoya

I actually found him creepy looking at first (I think that's how they intended him to be?) but as I watched the anime, I just found myself liking his character. The glasses guy is Yūsaku Kitamura. He's funny

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

JChiibs

I'm such a sucker for glasses guys. For a few years I thought it was a newer trend in my life until I remembered that Brainy Smurf was my favorite as a kid because he was smart, but also because he had glasses. My siblings never could figure out why I liked him. As for Ryuji, I wonder if my opinion would change if he had glasses. There are very few anime glasses guys I don't like. More than once I've been tempted to take screenshots of my favorite shows and draw glasses on everyone.

Hopeless? Yes, yes I am.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Semienigma

that 65' obistu boy body looks nice, I must look into this!

Cocoa (Custom Tan Yukino) is currently taking over my house, and soon...THE WORLD! Now Mocha's here...And Latte too...this escalated quickly didn't it...Wait...is that...is that SABER EXTRA?! and now there's a Yukari

http://www.semienigma.wordpress.com

chien

I would love to paint a DD head into a boy. Sounds like a really fun challenge. Also, a lot of characters in anime that are moe look really pretty already.

Just glancing at recent anime, I'd say the dudes in Shin Sekai Yori, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Zetsuen no Tempest, Hayate no Gotoku!, K, Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne--, Haitai Nanafa, To-Love-Ru Darkness, Little Busters!, Magi, Ixion Saga DT, Cross Fight B-Dama, eS, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Girls und Panzer, and Seitokai no Ichizon... all those shows from this season alone have moe styles so any boys in them would be really cute! : ) Androgynous characters are so popular, after all. It would really only be hard for characters that are less androgynous, but overall the dudes from those shows aren't so physically, stereotypically masculine that it would be super hard to make them into DD dolls.

Though, I'm honestly surprised that a DD of a "trap" hasn't been made yet! There are so many popular "trap" characters too. I would totally love to make a DD of some of those, haha.

JChiibs

I would love to make Crona from Soul Easter as a DDS someday. He's adorable and the exact opposite from Dolly, a little kid stuck in a big body, and wears a dress! I can SO see Tama-chan leading him around by the hand and saying, "It's ok, I can help you. That way you won't be so scared."

Poor Corona would be in a sad state if Naiomi recruited him for one of her theatrical endeavors, and Yuriko would just totally freak him out because she'd be wanting to mess with his pink hair.

~Sister Kyoya

katnaper
I would love to make Crona from Soul Easter as a DDS someday. He's adorable and the exact opposite from Dolly, a little kid stuck in a big body, and wears a dress! I can SO see Tama-chan leading him around by the hand and saying, "It's ok, I can help you. That way you won't be so scared."

~Sister Kyoya

That would be awesome. I love Soul Eater. What head were you thinking for Crona?

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

JChiibs

~Sister Kyoya

That would be awesome. I love Soul Eater. What head were you thinking for Crona?

I think from the current standard Volks heads it would have to be the 03 because none of the other eye shapes even come close. Plus it would make Tamayuki acting like a big brother even more adorable! I have 3 vinyl Soul Eater keychains hanging off my backpack, Soul, Blackstar, and Stein. I would have Corona too but they didn't have one. Sad part is that Raven and I both agree I'm most like Death the Kid.

~Sister Kyoya

katnaper

~Sister Kyoya

I think from the current standard Volks heads it would have to be the 03 because none of the other eye shapes even come close. Plus it would make Tamayuki acting like a big brother even more adorable! I have 3 vinyl Soul Eater keychains hanging off my backpack, Soul, Blackstar, and Stein. I would have Corona too but they didn't have one. Sad part is that Raven and I both agree I'm most like Death the Kid.

Sister Kyoya

Nothing wrong with Death the Kid? I love his character the most, quirks and all. Well, him and Maka's Dad, Spirit. He cracks me up, reminds me of Tamaki from Ouran. Back to Death the Kid, so he's a little OCD, well, okay, a LOT OCD but he's still pretty cool. Him and his twin guns. He'd be awesome with his two partners. Waaa.... like I need more DDs! Anyway, I'd love to see Crona done. How do you think you're going to approach Ragnarok though? Or shall you leave him out?

katnaper

~Sister Kyoya

Sister Kyoya

Nothing wrong with Death the Kid. I love his character the most, quirks and all. Well, him and Maka's Dad, Spirit. He cracks me up, reminds me of Tamaki from Ouran. Back to Death the Kid, so he's a little OCD, well, okay, a LOT OCD but he's still pretty cool. Him and his twin guns. He'd be awesome with his two partners. Waaa.... like I need more DDs! Anyway, I'd love to see Crona done. How do you think you're going to approach Ragnarok though? Or shall you leave him out?

archeotech

I saw this the other day on figure.fm, can't find any details about him though. I thought he looked like a Vispo doll but there's nothing that I can find about him on their website. Anyone know anything?

50698890ab2fa5b6e0cd764ddb538552_zpsd09aed6a.jpg

katnaper

Hahaha. I posted that one I think and I did it here too and on FB. No one seems to be able to tell what sculpt he is. Guess, we'll have to wait. Unless anyone there's anyone here who attended WonFes and saw this cutie in person...?

fsshaer
8143771155_e29a52e838.jpg

... Yes, please.

PrettyCranium
8143771155_e29a52e838.jpg

... Yes, please.

This would be awesome.

JChiibs

Ok, what about the above pic am I just not getting? I have no idea who the character is or where they are from... I can tell something's being pointed out, but after that I'm clueless. *driving me batty...*

~Sister Kyoya

PrettyCranium
Ok, what about the above pic am I just not getting? I have no idea who the character is or where they are from... I can tell something's being pointed out, but after that I'm clueless. *driving me batty...*

~Sister Kyoya

He's a cross-dresser from "Princess Jellyfish."

From Wikipedia:

Princess Jellyfish centers around Amamizukan, an apartment building in Tokyo, where the only tenants are otaku women, and where no men are allowed. While each character has her own particular fixation, the protagonist is Tsukimi Kurashita, whose love of jellyfish stems from memories of her dead mother taking her to an aquarium and linking the lace-like tendrils of jellyfish to the dresses of princesses. Tsukimi hopes to becomes an illustrator and is an awkward girl terrified of social interaction, attractive people and the prospect of formal work. The other tenants of Amamizukan are the same, being NEETs who refer to themselves as the "Amars" (nuns). Tsukimi meets the stylish Kuranosuke Koibuchi, the illegitimate son of a politician, who cross-dresses to avoid the obligations of politics and to feel closer to his mother. Tsukimi keeps the secret of his masculinity from her man-hating housemates, even as she is troubled by the intimacy of having a man in her room at times. Amamizukan's surrounding neighborhood is under threat of redevelopment, as opportunists aim to turn the quaint area into a more cosmopolitan region, with many of the buildings being demolished to make room for hotels and shopping centers. Although Amamizukan's tenants fear and loathe attractive people, they are helped by Kuranosuke who does not want to see Amamizukan destroyed.

Innocentsake

~Sister Kyoya

He's a cross-dresser from "Princess Jellyfish."

I would love to make a Kuranosuke since he's my fav character in Princess Jellyfish 33

Semienigma

I personally would love to make a male dd. He would be a cute character with a girly face but be really active. That's actually my issue with Resin boys, yes they look more male (sometimes) but you always have the flexibility issue. After getting Cocoa I realized how much I can do with posing her and it would be fun to have a few break dancing or kung fu battles around my house. I blame the anime K ((Yata would be so fun to make and he looks girly enough)) for this.

I also feel Volks won't make any, which is fine. I just wish there were more in the selections of bodies. I've heard of the 65cm from Obitsu but have noooo idea of how to get it. I want to make a dd boy because it would be so fun to pose him while my resin boys can still be brooding/looking drugged up/whatever expression they tend to have over htere.

Cocoa (Custom Tan Yukino) is currently taking over my house, and soon...THE WORLD! Now Mocha's here...And Latte too...this escalated quickly didn't it...Wait...is that...is that SABER EXTRA?! and now there's a Yukari

http://www.semienigma.wordpress.com

Suzuna
I saw this the other day on figure.fm, can't find any details about him though. I thought he looked like a Vispo doll but there's nothing that I can find about him on their website. Anyone know anything?

50698890ab2fa5b6e0cd764ddb538552_zpsd09aed6a.jpg

Is this a modded Rise? Check out the lips!

6e7e1d701ace2ab15242a9a6eb534a5f.jpg

JChiibs

Not Rise at all. The boy's face is too long and the nose is utterly different. As for the lips, the boy's are much more full than Rise could ever pull off.

~Sister Kyoya

Suzuna

The distance between the lip and chin isn't off. If the person modded her cheeks and nose I think it might end up looking somewhat like that. Whatever doll it is, the nose was obviously modded quite a bit!

Yukamina
The distance between the lip and chin isn't off. If the person modded her cheeks and nose I think it might end up looking somewhat like that. Whatever doll it is, the nose was obviously modded quite a bit!

Yeah but maybe it wasn't modded at all! There are dollmakers out there besides Volks after all.

Suzuna

Looking at the nose it definitely looks like it was modded imo. Where on figure.fm was this posted? Might just be able to ask the person that posted it!

katnaper
Looking at the nose it definitely looks like it was modded imo. Where on figure.fm was this posted? Might just be able to ask the person that posted it!

That would be me. And I had posted it here as well click to see post and as you will see, jadepixel and Bloodflower were kind enough to post that the head is an 'Out of Base' head. Unfortunately, I don't think they have it on their site yet. Might just be an OOAK thing.