Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

TheAnimargus

Male Dollfie Dreams?

Mizuzu

I tried to paint a "boyish" face up a while ago.

But failed oh so miserably, so I decide to just have two MDD girls instead!

Well, til I can find someone talented enough, who would be able to do it for me that is!

But, naw a MDD boy would be so cute! ^^

JChiibs
... But, naw a MDD boy would be so cute! ^^

7904288814_7892bcc06b.jpg

Aug312012_2603 by Sister Kyoya, on Flickr

Yes, yes they are! It took me a very long time to figure out how to do his face right, much more difficult than girls. Although for ones with a personality like Tamayuki's, it is very hard to resist putting them in girl clothes, especially since he has a bit of a strange fashion sense. So far it hasn't shown much, but he would be perfectly content to have fancy boy clothes with lace tucked around the edges.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

JChiibs

Ciel: "Hey, Tamayuki! Do you like puppies too?"

8092970329_a46a5d17ce.jpg

Tamayuki: "Sometimes they can be cute but lots of the time they are too growly. I'm more of a kitty man. And elephants. And Dollies too. Your shirt is cute. It would be funny to see a real dog with a head bigger than it should be, more like Snoopy!"

Mitsuki- Is Ciel a permanent boy or just temporarily for fun? He's so cute! I hope there will be more Saber boys in the future! That is a saber head, right?

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Innocentsake
Tamayuki: "Sometimes they can be cute but lots of the time they are too growly. I'm more of a kitty man. And elephants. And Dollies too. Your shirt is cute. It would be funny to see a real dog with a head bigger than it should be, more like Snoopy!"

Tamayuki thinks outside the box when it comes to pets I want to see him riding a great big elephant!

Mitsuki- Is Ciel a permanent boy or just temporarily for fun? He's so cute! I hope there will be more Saber boys in the future! That is a saber head, right?

~Sister Kyoya

Her Ciel is a Shining Hearts Sakuya which looks very nice as a boy! I always thought she had a good looking face to become a boy DD hehe~

Kumi

Well, to me there's no one single DD head which will look good as boy. Zero.

Some will look "boyish" but will make only a tomboy. Still a girl.

I saw many resin sculpts too.

Countless "boys" on that side looks girly as well and to treat them as "boys" to me is stretching reality really thin

Innocentsake

Oh Kumi you have to let us dream~! Plus stretching reality is fun!

Kumi

We can dream, no problem - but existing heads don't look boyish enough

In manga/anime You can - in most cases - distinguish male and female faces in a blink of an eye.

I cannot do that looking at various DD heads, because I see only girls, even stretching my imagination and I think I do have some

They have either too delicate faces, too small noses, too big eyes, too full lips and so on and so on

Someone should make a serious male anime head. This is the first condition for a male DD. So far no one made it, just that

PS. Just noticed - look at our two avatars

mitsuki

haha My friend from Thailand says that some of the most beautiful "actresses" there are men. She is a little jealous that those men look like such perfect women.

When I was in grade school, I wore pretty much only dresses. I even had some really frilly lolita ones with petticoats and jingle bells. When I got to high school, I wore nothing but jeans and T-shirts. It just seemed so much more empowering to be a boy. There weren't strong female role models. I never had fantasies of a magical wedding or finding true love like Barbie and Disney seemed to suggest should be the appropriate for girls. At some point back then, I started watching anime and realized how great female characters can be. I reclaimed my femininity and I haven't owned a single pair of pants now for years. I realized I can be female and do anything I want. I don't need to conform to a traditional role. I still can't see myself getting married or even trying dating.

My DDs are like representatives of fragments of my personality. So I haven't decided if Ciel is a girl renouncing her femininity for now and destined to embrace it later. Either way, Ciel looks like a cute sibling of Caprice (DD Neris). I dressed them up like this and it made me think of me and my little brother.

Innocentsake
We can dream, no problem - but existing heads don't look boyish enough

In manga/anime You can - in most cases - distinguish male and female faces in a blink of an eye.

I cannot do that looking at various DD heads, because I see only girls, even stretching my imagination and I think I do have some

They have either too delicate faces, too small noses, too big eyes, too full lips and so on and so on

Someone should make a serious male anime head. This is the first condition for a male DD. So far no one made it, just that

PS. Just noticed - look at our two avatars

I totally understand what you're saying Kumi. I really wish someone would make a serious male anime-styled head. I know Obitsu has their line, but the male head I saw didn't have much of an anime-style.

And yes~! We are Clamp buddies

Kumi

I don't think Volks will make male DDs.

Unless they realize, that their target is different from what they thought, that there are other persons in this hobby than Japanese single male otakus

But the Saber case shows, that they didn't have the slightest idea how popular DDs have become outside Volks' "current target" and how big is the international DD community now.

And yes~! We are Clamp buddies

That too.

And You can see that face difference.

And there's currently no one head that would look like Zima, when You can make lovely Sakura

Innocentsake
That too.

And You can see that face difference.

And there's currently no one head that would look like Zima, when You can make lovely Sakura

Too true, no Female DD Head could ever truly look like Zima. I really do want to make a Sakura though *o*

And even if Volks ever did produce a male line, it would be its own separate line. There's no way they would ever call a male doll "Dollfie Dream" hehe~ But I agree with Kumi that, at least for the time being, it's quite obvious that they will not be moving away from their target audience. Maybe one day though. These days you are seeing more Male PVC Figures from popular anime shows so that is something encouraging.

JChiibs

Tamayuki thinks outside the box when it comes to pets I want to see him riding a great big elephant!

I would have taken a pic of him on a big plushie elephant along with the Halloween pics I did today but I haven't been feeling my best. I think Tama would think it was great fun!

As for the Male Dollfie Dream search, all I have to say is this- Tamayuki: The Journey Ends (warning: NSFW link)

~Sister Kyoya

Amara77

Actually something I've been thinking of doing for a while is having DIM or Nobility doll make an anime style resin head in a group order someone on DOA had Zoro done from one piece with a figure as a reference, and it looks really good.

I have a more realistic Kakashi but I want an anime style I've also been trying to put together a group order for Hei from darker than black since 2009.

I wouldn't mind having them on a resin body it's really just the head style that needs to match for me.

I agree with you Kumi there is not one head that looks male to me AT ALL ,it's all in the jawline. For a child maybe but definitely not an adult

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?503724-Minimee-comparisons-ref-pics-and-each-other

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

JChiibs

I think the male face structure really just depends on perception. For really male faces I'd rather just get resins because that's one of their strong points. Many of my favorite anime are definitely not filled with "men's men." The closest could be Alchemist or Bleach, but there are plenty of anime guys with slender jawlines. I actually rather like the fact that there is the difference, rather than all male dolls looking like they fell out of a Superman drawing or is one of G.I. Joe's buddies. How I think about what faces I like has a lot to do with the fact that I rarely can read facial expressions properly. If someone looks mildly displeased to most people, to me the same expression would be interpreted as them being severely angry. For this very reason I know I would never attempt Gene from Samurai Shamploo even though I adore his character, I just couldn't handle someone looking angry all the time. Sure there are a lot of beautiful male sculpts for resins, but I have a very difficult time not seeing 3/4 of them as angry and pissed off.

I think it is really fun mulling over and trying to discover what DD sculpts I would find close enough to make decent guys and that's part of the fun. Tamayuki doesn't help this argument any, but he was never supposed to be really masculine. I have watched plenty of Anime where the guys had the slender jaws and the pinpoint noses, it is just part of the art style. What I wish for is a standard head with shorter, elongated, and more angular eyes. That's more distinguishing to me of a guy vs. a girl, even an older guy vs. a younger boy.

Just my 2 cents.

~Sister Kyoya

Jezrah
I think the male face structure really just depends on perception.... Sure there are a lot of beautiful male sculpts for resins, but I have a very difficult time not seeing 3/4 of them as angry and pissed off.

Oh I agree, they look angry to me, too. I think they're supposed to look sexy/modelesque, but I always see most of them as pissy.

What I wish for is a standard head with shorter, elongated, and more angular eyes. That's more distinguishing to me of a guy vs. a girl, even an older guy vs. a younger boy.

Not only that, but even boys who are not necessarily younger age-wise, but in experience. The more naive ones often have a girly face, and that's usually part of the plot. I know within the resin community there's a lot of yaoi couples. I don't care one way or the other about that, but those kind of couples have a manly type and a girly type. So even if males were common, there would still be those sculpts around that are girly looking.

Sorry for the mild rant.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Ravendruid

Not only that, but even boys who are not necessarily younger age-wise, but in experience. The more naive ones often have a girly face, and that's usually part of the plot. I know within the resin community there's a lot of yaoi couples. I don't care one way or the other about that, but those kind of couples have a manly type and a girly type. So even if males were common, there would still be those sculpts around that are girly looking.

Most of the anime I watch are pretty much filled with the "pretty boy" types. Ouron has only one character who even comes close to the "Manly man" look, almost all of the guys in the Key animation series would fit perfectly on DD sculpts, Both Sebastian and Ciel from Black Butler have rather feminine features, even Watanuki, from XXXHolic. Maybe I just don't watch enough action series, but to me the anime aesthetic for males IS a lot more girly than, say, the American cartoons. The burly, serious, square jawed guys just don't look anime to me.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

katnaper

Most of the anime I watch are pretty much filled with the "pretty boy" types. Ouron has only one character who even comes close to the "Manly man" look, almost all of the guys in the Key animation series would fit perfectly on DD sculpts, Both Sebastian and Ciel from Black Butler have rather feminine features, even Watanuki, from XXXHolic. Maybe I just don't watch enough action series, but to me the anime aesthetic for males IS a lot more girly than, say, the American cartoons. The burly, serious, square jawed guys just don't look anime to me.

Ciel... definitely bishi.

I think the male face structure really just depends on perception. For really male faces I'd rather just get resins because that's one of their strong points... Sure there are a lot of beautiful male sculpts for resins, but I have a very difficult time not seeing 3/4 of them as angry and pissed off.

I agree, its like their creators united together in one theme: the "Brood Much" look. Nice enough but it makes the resin boys appear too similar to one another, like they all have dark stories for backgrounds. Mind you, this is not to say I don't like them, I do have one resin that's sort of the brooding type.

What I wish for is a standard head with shorter, elongated, and more angular eyes. That's more distinguishing to me of a guy vs. a girl, even an older guy vs. a younger boy.

Maybe the DDH-07 head? If only Obitsu hurries up with their male 65cm, then I might be able to experiment and see if it would look good to have an anime style male DD who though he's a pretty boy isn't too bishi looking.

I have a more realistic Kakashi but I want an anime style I've also been trying to put together a group order for Hei from darker than black since 2009.

Would love to see pics of that.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Kumi

If I ever wanted a male DD it wouldn't be a "pretty boy" for sure

An example would be Ryuji from Toradora

toradora-uji.jpg

toradora-ryuji-and-taiga.png

or Bebop

cowboy+bebop+anime.jpg

Sorry, don't see Mari head here, or even 07

Amara77

MMMMMM Spike!

I'm not really into bishi boys, they still have diff face shapes to me, and I do like manly men!

Guts from Berserk is one of my favorite characters!

None of the guys I would want are cookie cutter square jawed either I don't really see much of that for anime guys, I draw a lot and that's one of the distinguishing features for anime characters,girls generally have a rounder softer chin. It's also different translating a 2d drawing into a 3d doll form.

The existing DD molds are just to soft and girly to make a male for my liking.

Obitsu is releasing a male head? Is it anime style?

Here is my poor Kakashi who's been sitting in a box...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amara77/8116553695/in/photostream

and Link

spacer.png

I'm a bad owner who's had them sitting in a box T_T I've been thinking of selling them off for Yoko T_T

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

katnaper
If I ever wanted a male DD it wouldn't be a "pretty boy" for sure

An example would be Ryuji from Toradora

toradora-uji.jpg

Ryuuji!!! The only thing is I'd have to make a custom Taiga to go with him I agree though, none of the current heads would fit his character.

Obitsu is releasing a male head? Is it anime style?

They've announced the male 65cm body but the head isn't anime style though.

6146278920_4f13f6696c.jpg

The still not released yet Obitsu 65 cm male doll. Photo by Hotaru

Its from this post: http://www.dollfiedreams.com/posting.php?mode=quote&f=32&p=17400

Here is my poor Kakashi who's been sitting in a box...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amara77/8116553695/in/photostream

Oohh, I can't wait to see him finished. I love Kakashi.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den