Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

Outfits that stain.

Talolili

I haven't had issues with the tags staining, actually and that is so disappointing to hear Chise!

The uniform is so cute... ugh those stains.

archangeli
It's kind of obvious once you see it in person, but just so people don't try testing it, the outside of the red skirt on the Lady Wizard set stains FAST. To date I've only stained fingertips, after a day of barely touching it, a fingertip will get red. For example, Melty in this photo is not touching it. But a day later they were still like that, and Melty kind of creeped over and touched it. The tip of her finger is slightly red now! You can see Sakuya's righthand thumb is stained a bit in this photo, I didn't try hard enough to edit it out (I had her posed and actually touching it the day before, so in this case it's not quite an accidental stain).

It's really beautiful but it's like playing with fire.

The corsets of the new Tree Fairy and Flower Fairy sets are made of the same microsuede as the skirt of the Lady Wizard set. If they used the same dye method it could also be a stain hazard.

The Tree Fairy skirt is completely unlined and dark green inside -___-"

Pics of the inside of the outfit are here http://archangeli.net/2015/06/09/review-volks-tree-fairy-set/

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

jadepixel

For the new fairy sets, I would be cautious with the leather materials as well. It's similar to what's used in the 'Cutie Garnet Set' and I got some strong stains from the leather shoulder straps on that one

Because the hairpieces have a leather thong to tie them, mind where that leather may contact the ears and neck. Otherwise the Wind Fairy and Flower Fairy sets seem pretty safe.

archangeli
For the new fairy sets, I would be cautious with the leather materials as well. It's similar to what's used in the 'Cutie Garnet Set' and I got some strong stains from the leather shoulder straps on that one

Because the hairpieces have a leather thong to tie them, mind where that leather may contact the ears and neck. Otherwise the Wind Fairy and Flower Fairy sets seem pretty safe.

Hmm good to know. I might put some Volks tape to the back of the shoulder straps.

I passed on the Cutie Garnet and that Carnelian set so I didn't have them to compare against. They were too "orange" overall for my liking.

atomicwombat

Sinon's outfit is a light stainer with an easy fix:

How to stain proof Sinon's outfit (yes it stains )

1. Use skin protect tape to cover the black thread inside leotard and very edge inside of the shorts.

2. Congrats! Those are the only parts that stain.

https://flic.kr/p/vAfdbA 20150705_144855

(Picture insert hates my phone)

Edited by Guest

42466519222_929a6bdb7d_n.jpg

galatia9
well, if anyone still hasn't learned for themselves... Uzuki's uniform is a problem!

The skirt isn't even like.. normal fabric. It feels almost like vinyl tablecloth! (might be they custom-printed the skirt's pattern themselves?) The hemming & snaps are all sewn with dark pink thread, which def is gonna stain from knowing Volks

There is a little white slip sewn into the skirt, but it's shorter than skirt itself

Saber's blouse was tucked in, so the snaps never touched her BUT the skirt's hem brushed her thighs: you bet your tube of zit-away it stained! Red stripes all around her poor thigh

Mio Honda's skirt is the same way, custom printed on what feels like a glazed fabric, and a sewn-in half slip. And her bright pink knit hoodie jacket seems to have a white ironed-on interfacing on the inside. It seems Volks is trying to make them stain resistant, at least.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Gunter

Can anyone let me know if either of Ranko Kanzaki's outfits stain? Especially the Gothic Dress set.

Katiazza
Can anyone let me know if either of Ranko Kanzaki's outfits stain? Especially the Gothic Dress set.

I don't remember where I saw it (and I'm on my phone so searching is difficult) but I remember seeing a post with photos showing staining from the gothic outfit. Pretty sure they showed up almost right away too.

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

Gunter

I don't remember where I saw it (and I'm on my phone so searching is difficult) but I remember seeing a post with photos showing staining from the gothic outfit. Pretty sure they showed up almost right away too.

I did too. I covered her up just in case, but yeah....we'll see. ><;

archangeli

Her default outfit stains. Plasticfantastic borrowed Meo's Ranko for a few weeks and was quite irked at the condition she was in

LariesDollHouse

Thank goodness for this thread >< It's probably going to save my butt numerous times >>

♥She who leaves a trail of glitter, is never forgotten♥

sie

The petticoat skirt for Umemurasaki -Plum Violet from Dolpa 33 has a staining issue. Not sure how quickly it stained so maybe it was just due to carelessness since I left it on for days. No initial staining when I did a rub test however. The kimono itself stains as well but it was very minor.

Mimiyo3

For future reference, and I'm sorry if it's already been said here. I just kinda skimmed through the answers so I may have missed it.

I know standard Saber's dress stains. I've seen enough of them with blue mark on them to know that, and I know saber alter's dress stains horribly. What about Saber Lily and Saber Nero? I haven't ever heard about it.

Also anybody have issues with the older sister miko set? Miku's gonna be a shrine maiden for Halloween and I want to know if it's safe to have her in that without the body suit.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

DivinitaAria

Surprisingly, the knit top and skirt from the Clannad set by Volks has not transferred dye onto my one body that has been wearing the outfit for probably over a month now. I think it's strange because both pieces are natural, dyed fibers and a dark blue.

I have had no dye transfer from a pair of Volks jeans and Volks shorts which is impressive.

Hopefully that helps even though it doesn't directly address the thread topic.

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

clamchowder01

The black tights that come with Mashiro black tights will stain a bit if worn too long.. but I like my DD with black tights lol

BeyondTime

I've had starpiece memories on my Makoto Kikuchi since it I got it from the after event.

The socks do not seem to stain at all. She's had the boots on over them, and I can't find stains anywhere on her legs.

She may have gotten a bleed through stain from one of the blue stars on the jacket. There isn't any stain on the jackets white liner in the same spot. She also has a stain that looks like it came from one of the black threads on the skirt. It's the stitching near the waist hook, and it's in exactly the same spot as the stain.

Both stains are very light, and I am reasonably certain she didn't have any stains before it went on her. I always give them a thorough check when changing outfits.

I'm curious if anyone knows if humidity has an impact on staining? I've gotten stains from outfits that folks say don't stain, and I've had stain free outfits that people have said do stain. I live in hot dry state, and I am wondering if that is going to cause me to have stain experiences that differ from others. (You do find yourself constructing the strangest sentences on this forum.)

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

I've had Rin Tohsaka in her School Uniform set sans the shoes for several months. The shoes I had on her are the boots from her default set. It's been on her since Volks USA mailed it out from the lottery.

Today I found staining on the heels of her foot. It's hard to say if its from the school uniform tights or from the boots. The stains are black, and they aren't very heavy, but I had a pair of thick white cool cats tights underneath them. I can see light staining on the tights from bleed through.

The boots are red brown inside so I would expect reddish stains not black stains, but I have seen red stuff stain a doll black before. I'm inclined to think it was the tights, but either way the staining occurred through thick white material. Thicker material than the coolcats head caps.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

foo
Today I found staining on the heels of her foot. It's hard to say if its from the school uniform tights or from the boots.

It's from the tights. I had her wearing those for a few months and got the exact same thing, but she wasn't wearing shoes. Other than that there weren't any stains.

I put them on her bare legs though.

BeyondTime
Today I found staining on the heels of her foot. It's hard to say if its from the school uniform tights or from the boots.

It's from the tights. I had her wearing those for a few months and got the exact same thing, but she wasn't wearing shoes. Other than that there weren't any stains.

I put them on her bare legs though.

Its right on the part of the vinyl heel that gets stretched over the heel part of the frame. I have a feeling that part of the foot is more susceptible to stains. Its that exact same part that was stained all the way through on my Yui Hirasawa, and if you remove the vinyl foot it clearly gets stretched or compressed a bit thinner there.

Edit: It also occurs to me that spot is the spot that probably gets the most contact with whatever she has on her feet when she is standing.

foo
Edit: It also occurs to me that spot is the spot that probably gets the most contact with whatever she has on her feet when she is standing.

Yeah, I had her wearing those but not with shoes, and on both feet the ball of the heel and under the little toe's knuckle left marks.

BeyondTime

Yeah, I had her wearing those but not with shoes, and on both feet the ball of the heel and under the little toe's knuckle left marks.

It's a bit strange though in the sense that you would expect that if the bottom of the foot stains from the tights you should see stains in other places where the tights had strong contact. Like around the waist where the weight of the skirt rests on the tights.

foo
It's a bit strange though in the sense that you would expect that if the bottom of the foot stains from the tights you should see stains in other places where the tights had strong contact.

I think the difference is that the full weight of the doll is constantly putting pressure on those few contact points, where the stuff around the waist is distributed around a larger area, plus I think most of the pressure is around the pantsu.

The White Tiger of the West (白虎の衣) set, I've had Sakuya wearing it for a full three months,

26628588823_0c96563acb_c.jpg

Sakuya, White Tiger by bodolza, on Flickr

Sklurk originally showed how this set stains, but here's my experience dealing with it. Based on that post I put tape under where the straps are, and I used a body stocking on the lower half (not a body suit; I just bunched up the rest of the stocking around her waist rather than pulling it all the way up over her chest). It ended up staining lightly through all of that. Here's the stained tape,

white-tiger-stained-tape.jpg

The actual stain on the vinyl after taking off the tape (four spots, front & back of each leg),

white-tiger-stain.jpg

And this is what causes the stain, these little loop things that the straps hook on to.

white-tiger-stain-culprit.jpg

I guess they had to use some durable fabric for that which is dyed strongly; the rest of the socks are the same as this stuff, and doesn't stain.

There were very light stain marks in different areas when I looked at the vinyl under my work lamp, when I was putting on the Dream Rescue cream. Just some faint horizontal lines where the top & bottom of the leather skirt touched the body.

Checking the name again, the Japanese name is 白虎の衣, which is just White Tiger set. When Volks had the English page up on the web site's store, it was White Tiger of the West (which is also on my receipt) and Vermillion Bird of the South (朱雀の衣) for the other set :/ I'll post about that one later.