Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

Outfits that stain.

Ichigokitty

My outfit staining experiences:

Saber maid: I wish I had read this thread before putting the maid outfit on my doll. The stockings stain instantly. The underskirt is fine since it's white, and the top is MOSTLY fine, but the stitching on part of the arms and side of the bust will stain.

Aoko: Stockings stain like woah. She was even wearing a bodysuit under it, it seeped through the body suit, completely stained that, and then stained the doll o_o

fujiro

My trouble outfit was Akira's Kitty Magician set.

The Tail Coat stained under doll's arms where they came in contact with blue "leather" of the coat.

She had a Volks body stocking on and I didn't notice trouble from shorts and stockings.

Expected arm covers to stain but didn't see any.

Couple applications of pimple cream left faint blue stains still under her arms.

They're mostly out of sight so I've given up on them for the moment.

Ichigokitty

As a seamstress, it reallllly confuses me why they would use black serging thread on ANY of these outfits because 100% OF THE TIME they stain. ALWAYS. come on volks.

mangaemi

Does anyone have any of the recent Lady Fantasy style sets? Specifically I'm curious about the stockings that come with the Lady Thief Set and Lady Archer Set... nothing bugs me more than to spend money on an outfit then know I probably shouldn't use part of it b/c it might stain.... The Lady Wizard set seems like it would be safe, but doesn't come with nearly as much stuff as the others - so even though I love the corset more I'd want to go for the Thief Set.. but those stockings are jet black o__o

Does the volks body suit even really protect that well with socks like that?

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

Mahoro
The lady wizard set is safe

Not sure about the socks on the others, they look similar to the lace-up top set socks material, but with Volks it's hard to know for sure.

No actually, the lady wizard set is not safe. the red skirt will stain massively and never stops leeching dye (hand washed about 10 times and still stains a test head noticeably). The staining isnt instant, but its not something you want to leave in contact with vinyl for too long

jadepixel

Not sure about the socks on the others, they look similar to the lace-up top set socks material, but with Volks it's hard to know for sure.

No actually, the lady wizard set is not safe. the red skirt will stain massively and never stops leeching dye (hand washed about 10 times and still stains a test head noticeably). The staining isnt instant, but its not something you want to leave in contact with vinyl for too long

Oh! That's good to know. My girl has had it on for a couple weeks, but the red part wasn't in contact with any vinyl and the inner lining prevented stains.

However, I did just notice a small mark from the chain that secures the cloak. So, be careful with the metal parts, too.

Mahoro

Oh! That's good to know. My girl has had it on for a couple weeks, but the red part wasn't in contact with any vinyl and the inner lining prevented stains.

However, I did just notice a small mark from the chain that secures the cloak. So, be careful with the metal parts, too.

The part that got stained was the hands and forearms, the way the outfit is designed means the rest of the body wont be stained, yes. Interesting to know the metal stains too..go figure.

Poofiemus

The Dollheart Steampunk 2011 Maryam set is what I would say is a mild stainer. Nanoha did get some faint stains from the corset, but that was after about two months of wear in a room that's been kept at around 80 degrees F (27-ish C) during that whole time. So I'd say it's probably safe for a couple days for meets, photoshoots, or impressing guests, but not long-term display.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

cueflame

Does anyone know if the Volks cheerleader uniforms stain? I really wanted to get the red one for one of my girls, but I know it won't look right with a bodystocking underneath.

shinegamix
Does anyone know if the Volks cheerleader uniforms stain? I really wanted to get the red one for one of my girls, but I know it won't look right with a bodystocking underneath.

miki wore the red one for well over a mnonth. didnt stain her at all.

making my triumphant return

cueflame

miki wore the red one for well over a mnonth. didn't stain her at all.

Really? That's excellent to know! Thanks shinegamix!

Katiazza

Does anyone know if Natsuki's Going Out set stains? I just ordered it so I don't have it in hand yet to look it over but it's red and I'm a bit worried about some of the pieces included.

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

Innocentsake

TnK School Swimsuit Set (MDD)

http://www.volksusa.com/ofkor20131006.html

10473619125_e71fcdb0f0.jpg

Beach time with Tsukiko-chan! by sakura_chan15, on Flickr

Got this for Tsukiko and had put it on a spare bust overnight. I didn't see any stains so I went ahead and put it on her so I could get photos in the "Under The Sea" photo area at Volks since today was the last day it was going to be up. While taking photos I noticed blue stains on her inner thighs so when I got home I took the swimsuit off and found that it had stained all over though the stains are quite light. The worst staining happened at the bottom of the suit where it left slightly darker stains on her thighs (I guess when pulling it on) and crotch area. So right now I took her a part, scrubbed it with the magic eraser, then put acne cream on all her body parts and are leaving them to de-stain on the table. Unfortunately I don't currently have a desk lamp to help the acne cream work faster, but this will have to do. For others who bought this set in any size definitely throw this in the wash beforehand~ I had planned on doing that, but with no stains on the bust I figured I would be fine. Ah well at least it wasn't that bad

Update: After 3 days of treatments I was able to get the stains pretty much all off of Tsukiko's body. I didn't have a lamp on hand so I just laid out the pieces on my dining table before leaving for work each day and let the sunlight through the window hit them for the last few hours the sun would be up. She's good as new now

I also washed the swimsuit and this time wrapped the problem area (crotch) very tightly around a spare bust and left it like that for 16 hours. There were no stains (not even a blue speck) so it seems a good wash will help get that lingering dye out of it. I haven't put it on her again since I did just destain her, but I will update this comment when I do~ Please read newest update below

Update 7/6/14: So the other day I finally decided to put this swimsuit on Tsukiko again to see what would happen. I threw it in the wash beforehand so it has been washed a total of 2 times. At first when I put it on her it seemed that everything was going well. There weren't stains on her inner thighs like last time from when I pulled the swimsuit on and I pulled it down a few times to check on it. All seemed fine or so I thought. I left her in the swimsuit for a total of 30 minutes and when I went to check on her again the bathing suit had already left a small blue line on her chest, a small blue line under her left arm, and a faint blue spot on her right knee. I immediately took it off. Since the stains are small I'm not going to bother treating them, but I believe this bathing suit is a fail After 2 washes and it is still staining (with this all happening inside my air conditioned apartment)... doesn't seem like something I should bother with anymore. I'll be getting her a new swimsuit soon~

This is the 2nd piece of clothing where wrapping it around a spare bust to test it before hand (both before and after being washed) failed in telling me what it would do to my doll till it was actually put on her. The other was a pair of fishnet stockings that didn't stain immediately, but I left them on Melon too long during my apartment move

Edited by Guest

Nightmareally

Does the Alice Kuonji casual set Stain?

At Home: Miku and Rin

AnimatorAR

The new Volks School Swimsuits stain. http://www.volksusa.com/ofkor20131006.html http://www.volksusa.com/ofkor20131004.html http://www.volksusa.com/ofkor20131005.html

Tried it on my girl to see how it fitted. Only had it on her for a little bit and already left some surface stains. The stains should come out, put her under a hot lamp and acme cream treatment. Cross fingers.

Innocentsake
The new Volks School Swimsuits stain. http://www.volksusa.com/ofkor20131006.html http://www.volksusa.com/ofkor20131004.html http://www.volksusa.com/ofkor20131005.html

Tried it on my girl to see how it fitted. Only had it on her for a little bit and already left some surface stains. The stains should come out, put her under a hot lamp and acme cream treatment. Cross fingers.

Two comments above I commented about the MDD swimsuit and it also left light stains all over my girl. But have no fear I did treatments for 3 days with no lamp since I don't have one (let sunlight hit the parts while they were laid out on my dining table for 2-3 hours) and the stains pretty much came out. There were a few very very light spots that I could see but I had to be really looking for them.

I washed the swimsuit and this time wrapped the crotch area of the swimsuit tightly around a spare bust (since that's the part on mine that stained more than any other part) and left it on for 16 hours and nothing happened to the spare bust. So I'll definitely put it on Tsukiko again in the future, but it might not be something I leave on her for days at a time~

Avnia

These pants from Dollmore stain like nothing I've seen before:

Narsha - Nans Braces Pants (Blue)

http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=9385&b_code=B20050505091647&c_code=C20060802055922

I got them for my 35cm resin boy but they were to big. But they did fit my MDD, so I tried then on once and took it right off again. And the pants left stains on both her thighs. Washing them before use did apparently not help

Innocentsake

Cool Cat Stripe Sea Blue Bikini Set

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=ss03_4

10508326155_3f764d2747.jpg

Pool Pai Party by sakura_chan15, on Flickr

It seems girls in my household getting their first swimsuits are getting hit left & right by stains ^^;;; But as always it's luck of the draw. This was the swimsuit that Billy sent as a gift for Momoko and he actually has the exact same swimsuit for his girls and he said it never stained any of them. This was an extra one he received in a lot of clothes he won off Ebay. It just goes to show that even if you have an outfit that doesn't stain that it doesn't always mean that same outfit won't be a stainer for someone else. Onto the details!

-Washed it before putting it on Momoko but stains still occurred.

-Top left a miniscule spot above her left breast on the Peach Pai Bust.

-Top straps (black) did not touch Peach Pai, but was wrapped around the regular vinyl with no staining.

-Bottoms are the culprit! Everywhere it touched it stained Momoko with the worst staining on her crotch, inner thighs, and a dark spot on her lower back. She had them on for about 34 hours.

Body is currently being treated with acne cream~ Will update on how the de-staining goes

Talolili

That bikini set is one of the first sets I ever got for my DDs and it never stained any of them. I had it on my Mai Shiranui (back in 2010) for over a month so it's so strange that it stained your Momoko. Maybe Cool Cat has changed the materials used to make it?

Amber

Does anyone know if these items stain?

lpc-sdg-sd13g-sdgrg-dds-dd-balloon-dress-set-pink-3.jpg

The jeans only. I've used them a couple of times and didn't notice any staining, but I was wondering if long-time wear or putting it on a white skinned girl has ever caused stains for anyone. Thank you bethykins & DefectiveAngel!

lpc-sd16g-dd-dddy-chiffon-ribbon-top-flared-shorts-set-3.jpg

The black shorts. I haven't put them on yet, because I'm kind of scared. xD Normally I wouldn't buy black clothes, but that set was too pretty and the shirt is really nice.

dds-ms-mariko-7.jpg

Her stockings only~ I never put them on any of my girls before, but I'd like to! Thank you DefectiveAngel & kymaera!

I don't have a body stocking at the moment, so I've been pretty cautious with what I let my girls wear. However sometimes I feel it limits their options for when I make outfits for them. Any help is appreciated. ^__^

Edited by Guest

bethykins

I can only quote on the balloon dress set but the jeans do not stain WS even after months

I have a gorgeous family of DD girls

See my profile for a list of my beauties!!

Amber
I can only quote on the balloon dress set but the jeans do not stain WS even after months

Thank you for letting me know, I appreciate it! I hope someone else will have some insight for the other two items. ^__^

DefectiveAngel

From my experience Mariko's pantyhose do not stain. Rina had them on for several months and nothing. Along with Usagi she had them on for a few months too and nothing happened.

I own the Chiffon Ribbon top and flared shorts set, but I haven't got around to placing it on a girl yet. I was planning on it here within the next few days. I can message you when I do and update you if the shorts stain.

Also I can vouch for the jeans from the Balloon dress set as well that they do not stain. Rina had those on for a few months and nothing happened.

I just realized Rina is like my stain testing guinea pig...lol! Poor Rina taking one for the team. :3