Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaxArcher

Outfits that stain.

jadepixel

It looked like it was around the upper seam, but not just from the thread if that makes sense. Semi-white skin can be treated for stains like NS, but I'd be extra careful since there aren't spare parts for Illya (yet).

foo
does anyone if yaya's outfit stains?

Her top is lined with red, the rest is lined with white, or is white. When I got it, I washed her top 3~4 times and I've had it on her for two weeks now. I checked her today, and all I found was one of her nipples was a little bit red (I think the other may have been too, but it was hard to tell). I'm not compelled to treat that >_>

Fortunately her neck straps didn't stain, I didn't wash those.

So, five months later I take a look at her again, and this is how bad it is (which I think is really good!). She had this around her elbow, I guess I had her arm bent in that position for a while,

DSC_0383.jpg

And around her back there was some light red staining,

DSC_0384.jpg

And that's it. It doesn't look like it will be hard to treat, but it's definitely very important to wash her top. Now that I look at the white lingerie bag I washed her top in, I can see that it has a pink tint now!

foo
I'd also like to know if the Idolm@ster uniform stains. The stockings and skirt particularly.

I left the Idolmaster fashions (Chihaya and Yukino) on my girls for more than a week and no staining, but no guarantee.

Well, I can say one thing, DON'T wash the skirt or the pink jacket of the Idolmaster school uniforms. The outside pattern is printed, and it fades & gets damaged easily. I think this also means you shouldn't let it come into contact with any vinyl, since it will likely rub off too. The problem is that the insides of the skirt and upper jacket are completely lined with black fabric. They might have used a proper dye that won't stain but... you'd also think that Chihaya's wig wouldn't stain her face If you plan to keep it on long I recommend trying it out with a body suit instead of washing.

The stockings on the other hand survived the wash happily, and they look really great :3

I was surprised it was in stock again, but I suppose they're still re-releasing these because they keep coming out with Idolmaster girls.

atomicwombat

Aircastle on taobao's miko set is completely safe, despite being bright red

42466519222_929a6bdb7d_n.jpg

Yukamina

The zipper part on Miku's default boots can stain her ankles after a day or so, I recommend wrapping her legs in platic wrap, socks, or something. The Senbonzakura outfit does not stain, I had it on one of my girls for over a month with no staining.

Weltfremd

I haven't looked through all 18 sites to be honest, but does the Alice Maid Outfit from Volks stain? Only the arms aren't lined and the skirt (but there is a under skirt so should be no problem). But I'm afraid of the arms, because it is so tight fitting.

I don't want to wash it because of the white parts of the outfit. Help would be appreciated.

foo

Just collecting stuff in one post,

The zipper part on Miku's default boots can stain her ankles after a day or so, I recommend wrapping her legs in platic wrap, socks, or something. The Senbonzakura outfit does not stain, I had it on one of my girls for over a month with no staining.

In the Miku news thread,

It seems like afther some time mikus headphones will cause dark black stains on her ears.

also mentioned that the pressure from her wig can indent her head.

I've found that the plastic bits on her arm sleeves (near the biceps) can stain after a day or two, however I was able to rub it off with a magic eraser.

It's kind of obvious but the Senbonzakura boots stain. I had the insides lined with tape but I didn't cover the soles, and I forgot to put some on the soles of Yaya's feet before putting on the pink socks (-‸ლ) Her heels are slightly stained after wearing them for a day (through her socks).

Yukamina

It's kind of obvious but the Senbonzakura boots stain. I had the insides lined with tape but I didn't cover the soles, and I forgot to put some on the soles of Yaya's feet before putting on the pink socks (-‸ლ) Her heels are slightly stained after wearing them for a day (through her socks).

Interesting, I left the boots on for at least a week with no stains (tho I did remove them just in case)

idiolect

Interesting, I left the boots on for at least a week with no stains (tho I did remove them just in case)

I assume she was wearing the socks too?

Yukamina

I assume she was wearing the socks too?

Yeah, she was wearing the socks too. It was my semi-white Lucy wearing the outfit. Were the stains removable with washing?

foo
Were the stains removable with washing?

You're asking me? I haven't tried. Actually I can't really see stains on the socks. The stains on her foot are a few dots on her heel and, eh, a photo is easier,

DSC_3049.jpg

It's like that on both feet. They were only on for a day so I guess the socks didn't really get stained.

Edit: I just got the stains off both feet using a magic eraser :3

Pahsmina

Lol posted in the wrong thread first, go me. ww

Neither the less the pants from the Leaf Green Tartan set stains, as well as the pants from this Full Choice set. They also do quite fast so better be careful.

ymCz5j5.jpg

The tiething also stains IMMEDIATELY e _ e

2xRYydm.png

Own- Melina - DD Rise Kujikawa, Luke Triton - MDD hybrid, Clive Dove - DD hybrid, Arianna - DD Yui Hirasawa

foo

I meant to write this up a while ago, but Melty's red outfit stains a bit. I had it on for almost a month, and I didn't wash anything. I did some spot checks over time but only found the real staining after taking everything off.

The socks, gloves, and arm things do not stain at all. The garter bits stain a little, I noticed some marks on her thighs and more across her stomach. The outside of the bodice stains a LOT, the velvet-like fabric. I had her posed with her arms touching it a bit and realized it might stain, so after a few days of originally dressing her up I posed her so her arms were lifted, not touching the bodice anymore. When I took the arm things off, the parts of her arms that were touching the bodice, so the insides of her arms, have some noticeable red all the way along them. That means it stained through her arm warmer things.

So (a) be careful of that bodice, and (b) if you're keeping it on for a week or so it's probably fine. I'm not confident about washing the garter stuff because it looks delicate, and it would be bad if the red bled onto the white during the wash :/

mangaemi

Anyone have any experience with the Senbonzakura wig staining? It was easier to get on than the default teal wig... Indents I'm ok with, but I think a wig of this color would leave a big green ring like someone wearing cheap metal jewelry for a while o__o

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

Yukamina
Anyone have any experience with the Senbonzakura wig staining? It was easier to get on than the default teal wig... Indents I'm ok with, but I think a wig of this color would leave a big green ring like someone wearing cheap metal jewelry for a while o__o

I don't know if it stains or not, but I noticed the wefts are stitched on with dark green thread, so I'm going to be careful with it

Saber

I'm looking at socks, pantyhose and underwear from Cool Cat . . . has anyone had the darker colors stain?

BeyondTime

I believe Foo said something about coolcats black socks before, but I can't recall if it was stain or no stain. You could send a PM and ask.

I have bought a number of things from them including doll stands, and I am happy with the quality. I only bought white socks.

On my last two orders they included high heeled shoes as a gift.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Saber

Oh yep, I searched a little harder and found someone complaining about their socks. :\ I'll make sure to wash them when they get here and use a body stocking or something like that. I just ordered the special Miku stocking for my Miku anyway.

BeyondTime

Found the reference. It sounds like Foo washed them a few times first. I am pretty sure there are a few threads in this forum on the best way to wash Doll clothing.

FWIW the Coolcat black socks & stockings don't stain (again, after a few washes at least). They're also a more dull black, which is fine by me :~)

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Saber
Found the reference. It sounds like Foo washed them a few times first. I am pretty sure there are a few threads in this forum on the best way to wash Doll clothing.

FWIW the Coolcat black socks & stockings don't stain (again, after a few washes at least). They're also a more dull black, which is fine by me :~)

Thanks! That makes me feel better.

BeyondTime

One thing you can do to test is put a spare body part on or in the item and see if it stains. (That sounds totally morbid...)

The one thing about doing this is sometimes it's specific parts on the garment that stain like the threads in the seams for example. Or parts of a wig cap that are saturated with dye and have a lot of excess that can bleed out.

If the item stains and the part resists stain removal it's much cheaper to replace a hand or a foot than a leg.

Kirahfaye

Okay, to be honest, this might be the main reason I have yet to get a vinyl doll - I'm terrified of the potential for staining. I understand from friends who own Obitsus that it's very common.

What I'd like to know (and it might have been addressed already, so please forgive me if I missed it), how well do the body suits fit with doll clothing, especially full set outfit?

BeyondTime

Coolcats makes then in a large variety of styles that include suits with shorts and short sleeves. For example.

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=DDPY-12

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=DDPS-51

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=DDPS-42

I have yet to have a body stain from clothing but I am super careful about testing clothing for stain potential before it gets put on, and I use body suits. I also periodically check for staining. I will say that dark wig caps have staining issues, and a cloth head cap is necessary.

Saber
Coolcats makes then in a large variety of styles that include suits with shorts and short sleeves. For example.

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=DDPY-12

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=DDPS-51

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=DDPS-42

I have yet to have a body stain from clothing but I am super careful about testing clothing for stain potential before it gets put on, and I use body suits. I also periodically check for staining. I will say that dark wig caps have staining issues, and a cloth head cap is necessary.

Do you mean the color of the wig itself is dark, or when the fabric base inside is dark?