Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Danny Choo Smart Doll Boy [NSFW]

Sato

My Eiji has arrived! I need to wait for some sunlight hours (when I'm not at work basically) before I can snap some lovely photos of him. He's absolutely gorgeous! I was a tad worried from owner photos but nope, he's just so much nicer in person. He has slight follow-me eyes as well!

JChiibs

And a bit of the continuing conversation from the previous post:

24176109859_c31f7fc754_z.jpg

So needless to say I'm about crawling up the walls to see what other sculpts are being worked on.

As for me being unhappy/disappointed in Eiji as Kyoya, that isn't true. With as hard a I fight with my obsessive-compulsive disorder, especially over creative projects, my mind initially gets stuck on the things that have yet to be changed. And trying to talk about it when I'm exhausted doesn't give me a chance to express what's right. My mind is still trying to decide what exactly it is that I want to change, how any of those changes would affect the complete final result, or even debating if I have the skill to redo his faceup properly (at least that ability has improved over the years.) My mind obsesses over how a half of a millimeter on the width of his iris could completely make or break him having the right eyes, wondering if I will find the exact shade of 'Ouran Blue' in the right fabric to do his blazer with, how to adapt my understanding of sewing and garment construction to make it be high end enough for his personality, all the way down to trivial things like how he looked 'completely' wrong until I tucked his hair behind his ears. Much of this is probably why I've avoided seriously trying to make Kyoya before, because I'm such a hardass with myself. I find it strange when people assume I'd put the same expectation on them, instead of me trying to understand them based on the level they are at. The rose within the thorns of my OCD is that I'm continually striving to do better and constantly improve. Dolly's 'ugly pants' were the first thing I ever sewed for a Volks doll. I had no idea whatsoever at that time how to drape fabric, no idea how to even properly make an arm hole even though I knew how a sleeve looked before sewn. Now I've got multiple patterns I'm working on refining for the DD, and biggest shock of all I've managed to scrounge the confidence from somewhere to make boy clothes. So even my 'bad' attempts at least are similar enough to what I'm aiming for that it doesn't take very many tries to get it right.

Kyoya just pushes all of those abilities to the max as I try to figure out how to create him in a real space, for the worst, most intolerant customer I can even imagine. Myself.

As for Eiji's head sculpt, it is seriously adorable. I was surprised to discover that it is about the size of Kos-Mos' sculpt. I was nearly tempted to put it on an MDD body yesterday. Dev Eiji's sculpt is more the size of the 07 head, so it's more than a slight surprise. Personally I liked the proportion of the larger head with the SmDB body. I really love that there is finally a proper vinyl boy head with the proper 'boy' eyehole shape. The glasses frames block it a bit in the pic I've posted and the iris' are too big so it kinda skews how it looks more than I'd like. However the shape is still there and I'm excited to see what can be done with it. If I had an extra of that head sculpt I might even try turning it into a girl just for the heck of it. With his 'babyface' it would turn out well just like Kos-Mos' sculpt works surprisingly well for a young boy once the faceup is finished.

The glasses still fit just fine but with the smaller head it does change the visual proportion making the frames look a bit thicker/heavier. I dearly, dearly wish I could find 1/3 scale wireframes that were the right style for Kyoya, but so far I haven't had any luck. I do still really love the glasses and how they look with the shape of the SmDB eyes. Part of me wishes I could just buy one of each style from the Dolk website and just try them out but it's not something I can justify at the moment. (Looks like it would run about $175 USD. If I had it I'd do it. LOL!) They also have the style I bought listed here. Despite what it looks like, the frames are not black, but a very dark brown.

I really love the changes to the body sculpt. The hip 'flanges' and the big gap between the body and the leg are gone and his tush looks a lot better. It feels so weird saying that. "'Scuse me Kyoya, can you turn around so I can stare at your naked butt? I need to determine how much more fleshy it has gotten." I haven't quite done a side by side comparison between the two bodies yet but those are some things I noticed. Personally I'm totally happy that the two SmDB are different with the head sculpts, body type (because of the alterations), and the height. Especially the height. At first I was surprised, but without it they would be more 'same-same' (a step closer to being identical) as if it were a room full of Ken dolls.

Now if I can just get past taking pics that do not fit with how their personalities would react together, I'd be a lot happier. In my head it's been like this: "Well, why don't I pose them this way... No way! Kyoya wouldn't tolerate that! I wouldn't blame him if he felt like punching Madison. Heck, I might punch him for him! On the other hand, that might be a fun pic to take, if I can just ignore their personalities..." I'm starting to think I might need to ask Ringo for help. She would have no problem making sh*t up purely for amusement, altering personalities to fit her purposes.

~Sister Kyoya

P.S. Congrats Sato!

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Monty

Thanks for mentioning that it's the same size as the KOS-MOS sculpt! When you said it was small I got a bit worried. Obviously I haven't seen KOS-MOS in person but I'm glad that it's not smaller than any existing DD head.

I feel like I'm also going to be very, very particular with how my Kaito looks and I worry about not being 100% happy with him at first due to this. A lot of this will be because even though Danny says he plans for wigs to be out in february, he has yet to show which colours those will be because if there's no blue I'm going to have to make do with a Dollce one (they have a twintail one with removable clipon twintails) which probably wont look as good as the nice styles Danny showed before but I am incredibly impatient and if he cant have the blue smart doll wig when I buy him he has to have something until it does.

There's also his eyes!

Luckily I have the advantage of Kaito being a really 'changeable' character who I imagine can change his eyes and hair at will (just look at his Project Diva modules) so it doesn't bother me to much if I'm constantly changing them. Kyoya on the other hand I understand has a lot less 'wiggle room' so I wish you a lot of luck in getting him perfect and I'm also really eager to see him when you get there.

Lastly, one of the people I started following just for their Eiji pics on twitter is repainting his face which is the first re-faceup I've seen and now I'm weeping at how perfect his face sculpt could be for another OC (that is, if I could figure out how his stupid hair would even work as a wig...)

au.jpg.png

Of course my doll budget aint very big at all so I'm happy to wait and see what the other head sculpts will be like, as well as the mini version.

Noxxbunny
Thanks for mentioning that it's the same size as the KOS-MOS sculpt! When you said it was small I got a bit worried. Obviously I haven't seen KOS-MOS in person but I'm glad that it's not smaller than any existing DD head.

I feel like I'm also going to be very, very particular with how my Kaito looks and I worry about not being 100% happy with him at first due to this. A lot of this will be because even though Danny says he plans for wigs to be out in february, he has yet to show which colours those will be because if there's no blue I'm going to have to make do with a Dollce one (they have a twintail one with removable clipon twintails) which probably wont look as good as the nice styles Danny showed before but I am incredibly impatient and if he cant have the blue smart doll wig when I buy him he has to have something until it does.

There's also his eyes!

Luckily I have the advantage of Kaito being a really 'changeable' character who I imagine can change his eyes and hair at will (just look at his Project Diva modules) so it doesn't bother me to much if I'm constantly changing them. Kyoya on the other hand I understand has a lot less 'wiggle room' so I wish you a lot of luck in getting him perfect and I'm also really eager to see him when you get there.

Lastly, one of the people I started following just for their Eiji pics on twitter is repainting his face which is the first re-faceup I've seen and now I'm weeping at how perfect his face sculpt could be for another OC (that is, if I could figure out how his stupid hair would even work as a wig...)

au.jpg.png

Of course my doll budget aint very big at all so I'm happy to wait and see what the other head sculpts will be like, as well as the mini version.

Now these are the pictures I've been waiting for! I've been dying to see custom faceups on Eiji.

I'm rooting for you to be totally happy with your Kaito! I do hope Danny will get the blue wig out for you soon. Now you have me eyeing two different wigs from Dollce too though. I hadn't heard of them before and I'm gutsy when it comes to cutting long hair off anyway. Maybe eventually. If I don't just cave and make my own again.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty

Dollce are apparently quite good - I know at least one person here has used one of their blue wigs instead of DD Chihaya's default blue wig which stained her (gj volks) and it didnt stain at all. I've never used their site, I was just planning to drop into the Akiba store, but hopefully they ship internationally.

Anyway、with brows:

da.jpg.png

(maybe should wait till they finish it but it's kind of cool to see these progress shots too. It shows how much potential the sculpt has I think. I love his default faceup as is for Kaito but if I ever get another Eiji, hmmm...)

JChiibs

24526646466_9c7beb9252_z.jpg

I can't say how pleased I am to see that Kiyoteru works really well on this body. He's been a long time coming to have the right one. The hybrids just wouldn't work for him because even with clothes on, the shape was always somewhat off. Poor guy still has to borrow Dakota's wig and Harry's AG glasses, and then Kyoya went and took his eyes... This is the first time in three years that I've seen him all put together and I can't contain my happiness over how right he looks. The current eyes aren't right, but I can't deny that I like them a lot anyway. Let's just not discuss how confusing it's going to be to have Kyoya and Kiyoteru in one household. (I don't figure my screen name into it because in photo stories, where the issue would most commonly arise, I refer to myself as 'Mommy.' I decided on that years ago because of the tiniest sliver of a chance I might end up with Kyoya someday.)

Now I can't wait to see what happens once Naiomi finds out... Does anyone know where to find some smelling salts?

Also the pic is a comparison between the SmDB sculpt and the Volks 07. (And look! Pants! It's hard to tell but the inside of Kiyoteru's pockets is the same striped fabric as the waistband. Still lots left to tweak but at one point I thought I'd never figure out pants.)

[ot]

Went looking for Dollce and ended up looking at wigs on For My Doll. Found one that Yuriko insists if Tama was a girl that it would have to be his hair.

[/ot]

I completely understand how changeable Kaito is especially when factoring in Project Diva. Before I played it I never realized how many drastically different styles of eyes that Len has. At least with the DD/SmD we have the option of easily changing their eyes. As for Kyoya, the anime is the most consistent as far as how the characters are drawn, but there can be wide differences within the manga and if I pull ideas from the beginning of the series or the end. The biggest thing is that his chin just isn't pointy enough to be accurate in that sense. Many of the DD sculpts are but then the eye holes are completely and irrevocably wrong and that's a MUCH bigger issue to me. One way or another I know I'll end up with a Kyoya because I'm not known for giving up on a doll project once I've started. I keep thinking that the biggest thing throwing me off is just Eiji's faceup and how the eyebrows are just way too different than what I'm expecting for Kyoya.

As for the custom faceup pic, I'm stunned at how wide they made his mouth look!

24471537101_9244fd0d8f.jpg

If I can get Kyoya to look like this, I would be indescribably happy. It really isn't too far off from Eiji's sculpt at all especially if the wider mouth lines aren't hard to do. (God, those eyes! *turns into a puddle*) Seeing that pic along with Eiji's sculpt really is a massive relief. Now I know what referance pic to use out of my stash. (I have a folder that has nearly 600 Ouran images in it. Not sure if I should admit that...)

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Noxxbunny
Dollce are apparently quite good - I know at least one person here has used one of their blue wigs instead of DD Chihaya's default blue wig which stained her (gj volks) and it didnt stain at all. I've never used their site, I was just planning to drop into the Akiba store, but hopefully they ship internationally.

That's good to hear! I figured most places don't make blue wigs because of the staining issue. That's a shame about Chihaya's. Admittedly, I've been tempted to pick up her wig too to cut short. I figured it's quite undesirable if it stains like that. But it's not something I've been super committed to. I hope Dollce ships internationally. From what I'm getting from the (badly) translated page, I think they do. I have to look into it more. They take Paypal, which is usually a good indicator of shipping internationally.

And I am totally digging that custom faceup, even if it's not done. It never ceases to amaze me how a faceup can totally change the look of a head sculpt.

Also the pic is a comparison between the SmDB sculpt and the Volks 07. (And look! Pants! It's hard to tell but the inside of Kiyoteru's pockets is the same striped fabric as the waistband. Still lots left to tweak but at one point I thought I'd never figure out pants.)

Oooh. That's cool to see. Kiyoteru is looking good!

And I feel you on the pants thing. I can't imagine making my own right now because they confuse me so much! They look really good!

(I have a folder that has nearly 600 Ouran images in it. Not sure if I should admit that...)

~Sister Kyoya

Don't even worry about that. Show your pride!

...I'm pretty sure if I ever revealed how large my Kaito image folder was to the public, no one here(or anywhere in general) would ever speak to me again. Let's just say it's more than 600.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty

You guys should see my Project Diva screencap folders very obvious blue bias ahoy.

Sister Kyoya, have you tried Kyoya's glasses on Kiyoteru yet? Are you going to keep the ones he has or get him some new ones? I'm excited to see more of him by the way - I remember he was one of the reasons I most noticed your signature back when I first joined here, because the poor guy is so underrated it was really cool to see any kind of recognition for him, let alone someone making a DD of him!

Anyway, Noxxbunny, if you hadn't seen it yet here is the exact wig I'm likely to get if Danny doesn't put his out first. The twintails clip-on so I can just take them off. I'm not sure why this exact colour is so ludicrously hard to find it short styles but I think it's a decent compromise. The description also says that the wig-cap is skin-coloured which is great news since dark colours stain easier. I did a dummy check-out and it looks like they ship internationally - there's an 'overseas' option in the dropdown menu where you're meant to select what Japanese prefecture you live in. Let me know if you need any help with the checkout if you cant read Japanese yourself and you wanted anything from there.

Anyway, nayuta_7 has finished the custom Eiji and woah!

CZZFY8uUkAA92ne.jpg

source

CZZZwhQUEAEwH0i.jpg

source

Ravenwolf

Thank you for the comments about my Eiji arrival I hadn't remembered to check this thread in a few days, I've been busy XD

I'm really loving that custom Eiji wow! I'm planning to get mine painted too to be different and will share here when done! I do have a few issues with him as well...like the small eyes...no other anime eyes I have fit and sometimes his neck/jaw look off to me but I think the right wig will disguise that. I also still wish he'd have made one with a different nose too, but maybe in the future! Congrats everyone who has theirs and I look forward to seeing yours come to life!

Mimiyo3

Can't wait to see more custom faceups! I really want to see what this sculpt can do. As for eyes, I wonder how 20 mm eyes would work.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

Mysha

@Sister Kyoya, would you like to add pictures of Eiji to my posing comparison thread? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13304 I'm curious about a difference in posing between him and smart doll girls.

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/

Choppi

Hi, so excited that everyone is getting their Eijis!

I plan to make mine into Deidara from Naruto and will use glass eyes. Do you know what eye size would work? I also can't wait for the body measurements to be released too so I can finally commission his Akatsuki outfit haha.

The sculpts in my family:

Beatrice, Rise, Komaki, Lucy, Etheldreda, Konomi, Maria, Nia, Erica, Melty, Rin T., Millhiore, Sheryl, Yoko, DDH-01, DDH-04, DDH-05, DDH-10

Monty

Body measurements were released a while ago.

Apparently the measurements put him kind of between SD13 and SD16. I hear the leg-length is perfect for SD16, but the arms a bit short, and SD13 is hit and miss depending on the item. Fun times!

Tan-Eiji has his new faceup, not sure if final.

CZjy9BbUEAAls_i.jpg

CZjxryMUkAA6bpv.jpg

CZjxr0DUUAAn0L9.jpg

I'm willing to bet he went for the more serious face and showed him with a silver wig (wig not final) due to the amount of people wanting to make him into Archer

Eiji's smile is adorable, but it's nice to see a serious version too. I didn't want them to both look the same.

Stop tempting me to get two Danny.

jazijaz

Anyway、with brows:

da.jpg.png

(maybe should wait till they finish it but it's kind of cool to see these progress shots too. It shows how much potential the sculpt has I think. I love his default faceup as is for Kaito but if I ever get another Eiji, hmmm...)

Do you know if this is the default Eiji sculpt or is the Eiji sculpt with modifications? his face looks so different so I don't know if it is the magic of face ups or if the owner sanded down his cheeks etc. He looks amazing!

@Sister Kyoya: If you're still looking for glasses I highly recommend the printed wire glasses from etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/108643357/printed-wire-glasses-for-dolls-size-34

She has many styles, please check her other sales. I like them because they look realistic and are not heavy.

Check the followings links for my dolls wearing those glasses, the little one never takes his glasses off^^

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/kirika20/Teenie/small2_zps3ve4yoet.png

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/kirika20/Soseo/CameraZOOM-20150614144313330_zpshlt8l66r.png

Noxxbunny

Anyway, Noxxbunny, if you hadn't seen it yet here is the exact wig I'm likely to get if Danny doesn't put his out first. The twintails clip-on so I can just take them off. I'm not sure why this exact colour is so ludicrously hard to find it short styles but I think it's a decent compromise. The description also says that the wig-cap is skin-coloured which is great news since dark colours stain easier. I did a dummy check-out and it looks like they ship internationally - there's an 'overseas' option in the dropdown menu where you're meant to select what Japanese prefecture you live in. Let me know if you need any help with the checkout if you cant read Japanese yourself and you wanted anything from there.

Anyway, nayuta_7 has finished the custom Eiji and woah!

CZZFY8uUkAA92ne.jpg

source

CZZZwhQUEAEwH0i.jpg

source

I think that wig could totally work! I wonder the same thing about shades of blue in general. There has to be a reason why they're so dang hard to get. Good to know they do ship internationally though! Thanks for the offer for the help. That's very nice of you! My Japanese is super weak, I only know hiragana and katakana, so that can make navigation difficult for me sometimes. But if I know to look for the drop down menu, then hopefully I can figure it out if I decide to order!

And woah, indeed! They did a great job with that faceup. He looks so cool! I love what they did with him.

Error-Chan

Just spotted these think they look really nice.

CZpMaWdVIAAsdfY.jpg

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Tira
Body measurements were released a while ago.

Apparently the measurements put him kind of between SD13 and SD16. I hear the leg-length is perfect for SD16, but the arms a bit short, and SD13 is hit and miss depending on the item. Fun times!

Tan-Eiji has his new faceup, not sure if final.

CZjy9BbUEAAls_i.jpg

CZjxryMUkAA6bpv.jpg

CZjxr0DUUAAn0L9.jpg

I'm willing to bet he went for the more serious face and showed him with a silver wig (wig not final) due to the amount of people wanting to make him into Archer

Eiji's smile is adorable, but it's nice to see a serious version too. I didn't want them to both look the same.

Stop tempting me to get two Danny.

Wow. I think I'm in love.

MrFjmg03

WOW.

I love his body so much.

Can somebody please tell me. How much does he cost in US dollars including shipping to USA?

Pink-Yoshi

When I ordered my Mirai she costs $541. He should cost pretty much the same

MrFjmg03
When I ordered my Mirai she costs $541. He should cost pretty much the same

WOW that's cheap for everything that includes. Thank you so much for the info

mitsuki

Here is my receipt to confirm the price.

Thank you for your order!

This email is to confirm your recent order.

===========================================

Purchase Receipt

Date __/__/2016

Shipping address

United States

Billing address

United States

1x Smart Doll 005 - Eiji Seiun for ¥60,000 each

Subtotal : ¥60,000 JPY

Shipping : ¥4,700 JPY

Total : ¥64,700 JPY

If you chose "Cancel order" then please ignore this mail as Shopify (the system that we use) can be not so clever at times ><

We will email you again once your order has shipped.

If you have any questions or concerns then just reply to this email.

Remember that this page outlines the current shipping dates for your order.

http://shop.culturejapan.jp/pages/estimated-shipping

We can fully refund your order anytime before shipping.

If this is your first time with Smart Doll then please watch the unboxing video regarding do's and don'ts.

銀行振込の方はこちらをご確認ください。

http://shop.culturejapan.jp/pages/bank

¥64,700 is currently $533.77. I agree that's a great price compared to how the secondary market for Dollfie Dreams can be. But that was Danny Choo's plan. He wanted to make sure customers could get what they wanted without having to pay double or more the retail price.

yokha

Hmmn his short neck kinda bother me, but the rest of the body looks great! if it possible can someone do comparison between eiji body and obitsu 65 body? I wonder if we can swap their chest part.

Mysha
Hmmn his short neck kinda bother me, but the rest of the body looks great! if it possible can someone do comparison between eiji body and obitsu 65 body? I wonder if we can swap their chest part.

Please note that the skin tones of obitsu and smart doll are quite different. Obitsu is yellow white, while smart doll is pink. They really do not work well together. Please see my pictures for reference: DSC04454

37542208752_7cbdd8660f.jpg

- Kizuna [smart Doll] - Isabelle [saber Extra + Obitsu60] - Maya [DDS DDH-06] - Angelica [DD Sakuya] - Kitty [MDD Mariko] - Moonlight [smart Doll] - Emily [DD Miku] -

https://annasangels.capsel.org/