Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Danny Choo Smart Doll Boy [NSFW]

Ravenwolf

I got my Eiji yesterday and got some pics of him up today I hope everyone gets theirs soon!!!

24397957502_4931a14b26_c.jpg

Error-Chan
I got my Eiji yesterday and got some pics of him up today I hope everyone gets theirs soon!!!

24397957502_4931a14b26_c.jpg

*Blows kisses at*

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Monty

Congrats Ravenwolf for being the first in the forums to get their hands on him, or at least the first to post pics!

I've been seeing so many pics on Twitter and Facebook and he really is gorgeous.

Mimiyo3

He's looking so good so far! I can't wait to get one! (Please volks... No more must haves for a while. @~@)

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

JChiibs

I finally have tracking updates within my town. Just a few more hours until I get my Eiji too. Stupid post office. Now it's time to sew more shirts. Maybe if I'm lucky with my time today I'll be able to work on the next pants draft too. Unless no one would mind that they have to be pinned up in the back.

Congrats to those who have their Eiji! I'm really curious to know what you think about the body, eyes, posability, feel, clothes, and/or head sculpt? What would you change if you could? I've had the Dev for so long now that I've been waiting to hear loads about what you guys think!

I can't wait to see if mine will be Kyoya. If so, then him taking longer makes sense. Being rich gives you all the time in the world.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Error-Chan

Well so far for me i have two people i know that have there Eiji so its getting more and more hard not to feel sad XD.

i think the extra hands will be available by the time i get to buy mine so at least they can jump on my order and get the extra hands without needing to pay postage for it in a way.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

JChiibs

I was actually kinda annoyed that I couldn't get the extra hands with Eiji's release. XD Oh well, it's not like Eiji was the only thing I wanted to ever buy from Danny's store. I'm still pining over Mirai, and the more buff Smart Doll boy if Danny ever gets around to it. He juggles more projects at once than even I do. Oi!

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

yLLiS

I like him so far Sister Kyoya! Since it's winter here he's likely to be bundled up a lot so I won't get to admire his body more, yet. XD I'm looking forward to Ebony Eiji and future more buff boy doll from Danny. ^_^

yLLiS

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it Sister Kyoya... will you be designing any pyjamas or 'proper looking' swim trunks (http://i.imgur.com/NsYDDJu.png)? All my girls have swim suits for the summer and I'm hoping by then Eiji will have something to wear.

Error-Chan
I was actually kinda annoyed that I couldn't get the extra hands with Eiji's release. XD Oh well, it's not like Eiji was the only thing I wanted to ever buy from Danny's store. I'm still pining over Mirai, and the more buff Smart Doll boy if Danny ever gets around to it. He juggles more projects at once than even I do. Oi!

~Sister Kyoya

indeed i have to agree with you there. it was Mirai and her robotic version then all of a sudden he has all these other projects out and things selling. I am surprised he has not fallen on his face yet. I know i do if i have as many thing as he has on his plate but then again he has his team working in the background to help him behind the seen's so we don't see the full works.

I need a team of people to work out my things XD and money.. a lot of money HA!

I look foreword to seeing all the hands finished. I know I will try and order them non the less so El can have a good mix of hands.

JChiibs
Since it's winter here he's likely to be bundled up a lot so I won't get to admire his body more, yet.

Put him in a towel! I mean, uh... Guys walk around in boxers a lot too. And of course as I say that, all my boys are wearing pants and long sleeve shirts... even Dolly! Tama's even wearing flannel pajama bottoms and a turtleneck. Raven went out to check the mail yesterday in a t-shirt and it was snowing! He also has a habit of walking out in the snow barefoot. Just thinking about it makes my feet ache. He also has a MUCH higher body temp than most people. I call him my personal heater. Maybe your Eiji can take on similar attributes.

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it Sister Kyoya... will you be designing any pyjamas or 'proper looking' swim trunks (http://i.imgur.com/NsYDDJu.png)? All my girls have swim suits for the summer and I'm hoping by then Eiji will have something to wear.

YES! I have plans to make swim trunks like that once the pants pattern is fixed and fitting well. They look like the same style that the boys wear in the Sims games so I've been thinking about some like that for Ralph for a few months now. I'm hoping to start working on a button up shirt pattern soon especially since I need stuff like that for Kyoya. Once that's nailed down it will be a lot easier to do 2-piece pajamas for the guys as well.

OOH! Can I order that too? I'd ask Kyoya for some financial advice to have the money for something like that, but I already know that he would tell me to quit 'investing' so much into the hobby (aka quit buying more dolls) and that just isn't an option.

~Sister Kyoya

Error-Chan

OOH! Can I order that too? I'd ask Kyoya for some financial advice to have the money for something like that, but I already know that he would tell me to quit 'investing' so much into the hobby (aka quit buying more dolls) and that just isn't an option.

~Sister Kyoya

haha well for me i wanna do the wigs will though the world has pushed it out so far ( sister broke up with her bf so now lives here again meaning my "work" room is not a bedroom and i don't even have room for my own clothing XD but oh well!!

heads are not that bad but i can see how your clothing side of it will take even more then my wigs needing the hole body not just a wig size. I say get all of the body's you think will sell clothing for then ones you really want haha (easy to say hard to do.)

A question for you when you get Eiji in and settled is how different is the new body to the old one. i know the modifications were only slight but a nice photo side by side would be cool.

JChiibs

Body types is one of the reasons I've got as many DD as I have now. I'm getting pretty close to having all the DD body sizes but still need MDD M & L busts and DDS L bust. Some of the busts still need bodies to go with them since I really hate swapping body parts, and all my body hybrids can't be counted because I don't assume anyone else would do them (I see Tama's MDD boy being the exception) and Lucas is pretty much a one of a kind because his bust is discontinued. I still really want Mirai, and Obitsu 45cm boy body for Nicholas, and I'm waiting for my first two Obitsu heads in the mail. I'm having trouble deciding on what size Obitsu bodies to use for them because I'm unsure what are the most popular bodies people use for the 1/3 scale Obitsus. The characters themselves don't help much because their age could change depending on the body I choose.

Bodies are not really the easiest (aka cheapest) route to go, but another reason I don't swap parts is because each character has an opinion on what they would want to wear and it gives me a much wider range of ideas to pull from. If most of them were just random parts sitting on the shelf I'd never get to hear the 'feedback' from the ones who weren't completely finished. Plus so many different sizes also causes the problem of having to make LOADS of different patterns to fit them all and slowing down the whole process quite a bit. That part can get exhausting and kinda annoying.

I'm just really thankful that Lucas likes the fit of the SmDB clothes so I don't have to do unique patterns only he can use. So at the moment I've got 4 themes (for lack of a better word) that I can pursue when it comes to SmDB clothing styles. Ralph is pretty laid back 'everyday' guy and definitely has a sense of humor, Madison is more modern stylish(?) and would wear expensive brand name stuff just to show it off, Kyoya is classic sophisticated with the Ouran costumes thrown in (I have yet to figure out how he rationalizes that), and Lucas is grunge, snarky, and wears loose fitted clothes.

~Sister Kyoya

JChiibs

He still needs his custom eyes and a new faceup *grumblegrumble* since the eyebrows at least are completely wrong, but so far so good. The biggest problem is just with me personally. It's strange seeing a form of Kyoya that isn't a drawing. Plus in some ways, without his standard clothing it's harder for me to see him as Kyoya and more just another guy. I've been waiting six years for him so I'm not surprised that there will be an adjustment period for me in the meantime.

I'll go into an in-depth review later, but the first things I noticed were that his head is significantly smaller than Madison's, and I forgot that Danny said he had shortened him. I didn't remember until I stood Madison next to him. For that fact alone, I might think about using the Dev body for Mori at some later point if I can find the right head. As long as Ralph doesn't mind being a little shorter. On the other hand, it might annoy him. It takes quite a lot to annoy Ralph.

When the mailman knocked on the door I was trying to take the camera off of the tripod. It startled me so much I nearly dropped it. For the next ten minutes I was shaking so much I could hardly take the picture I was trying to get.

I wanna take loads of pics but since I normally keep to Raven's night schedule I'm usually asleep right now. Instead I'm awake but exhausted and my brain doesn't want to function.

~Sister Kyoya

katnaper
23855358031_7558e7c9b8_z.jpg

24528310855_46a3bc7dcf_z.jpg

Because I had too.

~Sister Kyoya

Oh gosh, this is awesome! I wondered about the height difference till I read your later post. So happy you finally have Kyoya!

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Monty

So while I like the height difference just for the sake of variety (and its cool that SK gets two vinyl boys who arent identical), I'm worried about how much this affects everyones plans in the Dev project. After all, you were all making clothes that fit -Dev Eiji-. Will his height make any of his clothes a bit too big, or will the difference not matter all that much? I really hope its the latter, similar to how DDS seemingly wears DD without much issue. And SK, with his head being smaller, how does this affect the fit of the glasses compared to Madison?

Unrelated to that but considering how nearly everyone here who wants Eiji has their own customisation plans for him - whether it's just putting a new wig on him or whether its redoing his entire faceup - I'm wondering if the Smart Doll board should also have an owner and/or style database like there is for DDs. Maybe one thread for all smart dolls, or multiple threads for each smart doll model (or even one for the girls and one for Eiji). Not only would it be fun and nice to see everyones smart dolls but like the DD ones it's a great way to find out the brands/makes of any non-default eyes and wigs.

JChiibs

24447761201_1ff791dbba_z.jpg

The fitted tee (the more difficult one) seems to fit fine. I just wish the arm pegs were longer so it didn't require a wrestling match just to get a shirt on. More shirts will be posted tomorrow once they get done. Doing 8 at once makes it take a bit longer. There are some changes to the torso piece, but I still got Eiji's jeans on the dev body just fine. Personally I'm glad I waited to adjust the pants pattern simply for my own piece of mind. Knowing me, I would have found an adjustment that had to be fixed after I thought I was done fixing everything.

The glasses fit just fine and are easily held into place by tucking the thin ear pieces under the edge of his wig. Part of me is frustrated that his head is smaller even though it might be more realistic, it also makes it less anime. It also has the side affect, along with his more rounded face, to give him a more younger boyish look that I'm still trying to decide what I think, especially with as muscular as his body is. If it was really up to me I'd make his head bigger, a little longer like Madison's, and with a more pointed chin without it going to extremes. My frustration comes from being way too tired and not having the 15k to spend to make exactly what I want. I don't want this taken as me saying "I hate all of it... all hope is lost!" becaue that isn't true. I just feel like for the parts I can still change, I'm only about half way there. So the parts that are wrong really stick out. His eyes are another thing driving me mildly batty. They are MOMO's defaults put in upside down because it's the closest I had to dark brown eyes. Even so, the iris is too big for a boy but I didn't want to test resin eyes before I knew what size would work.

A little while back I asked for a Smart Doll photo subforum and I have yet to see one. Part of me is a bit sad feeling like the forums won't adapt to the hobby changing and growing a bit. The Smart Doll section is a bit of a mess because everything gets lumped into one place. It's not like I expect the DD forum to turn into a Smart Doll one, it would just be much easier to find and cross-reference information if there could be some sort of order to it.

~Sister Kyoya

JChiibs

24163290689_81c812a750_z.jpg

Now this is the biggest shock of the day.

I wondered, but I never wanted to presume. For once I'm really speechless. My brain is so dumbstruck it's drooling.

~Sister Kyoya

Tira

Wow, congratulations! I'm so glad you got him, you'd been looking forward to him so much. And the glasses look really good on him.

He's very cute, but... the younger features and shorter height is making me think he'd look better as Shirou than Archer, especially next to a full-scale DD (as opposed to my 50cm Obitsu). Oh well, I'll probably just get the Ebony Eiji for now, and then if I like the buff version better, I could always repaint him to be Avenger...

jazijaz

@Sister Kyoya: He looks very good! but too bad that you don't feel completely happy with him. those small changes can be very frustrating, hopefully you can work things out and arrive to a place where you are 100% happy with him.