Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Danny Choo Smart Doll Boy [NSFW]

Mimiyo3
...I cant believe me and SK both had a dream about getting a resin guy

In my case it was Crobidoll Zion - http://crobidolls.com/shop/step1.php?number=1898 I can't stop looking at him, he's SO CUTE (he kind of looks like he could be a long lost relative of Tamayuki with that adorable face) but I was surprised to learn he was SD sized as his baby-face suggests otherwise. I'd really like to know how he looks standing next to Eiji - I cant get over them being almost the same height - and whether they'd look too weird together or not.

Also because Crobi has some nice clothes that I'd really like to try on an Eiji! Too bad a lot of them are dark, though... It's so frurstating seeing really nice SD clothes that would look great on an Eiji but not knowing whether they'd fit, so the irrational side of me is saying I obviously need Zion to let Eiji try on his clothes.

Holy crap I think I've fallen in love. I'm usually so picky with more realistic styled dolls that I never feel a strong desire for them but wow. He's precious. Must resist...

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

Monty

His was the face that made me change my mind about resins - I thought I only wanted dolls as anime as possible until I saw him. Hello new grail... Since then I looked into different companies and theres a few I want with similar adorable features to that. (PS: Here let me give you a harder time resisting

)

But I'm still determined to make Eiji my first 'big doll'....

One day when I'm rich I'll have a Zion and they can be bffs and try on eachothers clothes

Oh yeah, a kind of update I gleaned from some japanese tweets. If anyone else wants to get Eiji in-store like me early on, Danny said he'll probably be in the store 'from february', which means he must be concentrating on fulfilling all the online orders before putting the stock in the store. That makes me hopeful - I am there from the 6th to the 15th after all.

Of course, he still doesnt have a concrete release date, so for all we know the preoders are shipped on the 31st of january with the store stock appearing on the 1st of february. But I really hope its sooner rather than later cos I'm so impatient to see owner pics. Especially SK's with Madison!

edit: Looks like this might be some (WIPS of) new official art? By Matsuno Shin.

CYHNWWWUMAEoGZr.png

CYHNVqXUkAADD2y.png

Its kind of funny that they've retconned his character design a little, but...hey, I'm not complaining.

It'd be nice if this ended up on the bag.

Tira

Yeah, his face seems prettier and his body is definitely more defined, not that I think we've seen him shirtless before. It seems like they're trying to make him more (blatantly) attractive, which I can't exactly say I mind. I guess it does make the character art match the actual doll better, too. I think what surprised me the most about it is how much he resembles those pictures of Kyoya SK posted a page ago, especially in those glasses.

RyuuseiBJD

I haven't read everything sadly but i thought Danny was doing a really great job on Eiji (did i write that correct?). I hope he'll make him, like Mirai, in different skin tones as well! That would be great, i am not sure what the most recent look for Eiji is or when he is/was suppose to be released? (If he isn't already...)

elianti

LOL at that new art. He really does seem ready to splash into Free! I do love the update though! It definitely looks like Eiji in doll form And I love the glasses! I've been trying(albeit... not too hard lol) to find under-rim glasses like that. Does anyone know where to buy glasses that? It's hard enough to find human-sized ones in that style, so I'm not too optimistic about 1:3-scaled ones being available. Either way, I hope Danny makes some for Eiji, preferably sold separately.

I haven't read everything sadly but i thought Danny was doing a really great job on Eiji (did i write that correct?). I hope he'll make him, like Mirai, in different skin tones as well! That would be great, i am not sure what the most recent look for Eiji is or when he is/was suppose to be released? (If he isn't already...)

You're in luck because it appears that Danny will indeed release Eiji in at least Ebony as well eventually! However, for now pre-orders are open for him in the original skin tone. Apparently the wait time is supposed to be 4-8 weeks long? More details and updated pictures of the version of Eiji that will be sold can be found on the pre-order page:

http://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/featured-products/products/smart-doll-005-eiji-seiun

katnaper
I'm sure Lucas would absolutely hate it... but Tama would be so excited to see his Big Bro Kaylus that I have no idea what level his excitement would reach...

This just makes me wish even more that we lived close. Kaylus would so love to see his Lil' Bro. Ruffling Lucas's feathers would only be a bonus. I wish we could make a photostory of them meeting only it will have to be on a green screen or something and we can just photoshop them into the scene since we live so far away. Who knows maybe when you and I aren't as busy or I find myself going on a road trip to the US and dropping by WS?

It slightly weirded me out with the thought of Kaylus being here because I just woke up from a dream that I had just got a resin boy added to our family.

~Sister Kyoya

You should. I think every household should have one, or two, or more. I'm waiting to see that Danny will do with the more macho version of the body and see how it compares to the IH SID body. Who knows if its very similar, I might end up seeing how a resin head fits and Kaylus might borrow it so we can do more photos outside. I doubt it will fit though since his head is proportioned more realistically than vinyl's but who knows. I love how the IH SID looks but posing resin is always bleepbersome.

...I cant believe me and SK both had a dream about getting a resin guy

In my case it was Crobidoll Zion - http://crobidolls.com/shop/step1.php?number=1898 I can't stop looking at him, he's SO CUTE (he kind of looks like he could be a long lost relative of Tamayuki with that adorable face) but I was surprised to learn he was SD sized as his baby-face suggests otherwise. I'd really like to know how he looks standing next to Eiji - I cant get over them being almost the same height - and whether they'd look too weird together or not.

Oh he looks so cute and young. No wonder he could be related to Tama. He does give the impression that he should be less tall. At 63 cms, he'd be about the size of a DD, right? So if Eiji is taller than Mirai, Zion will be shorter I think. And yes, crobi has excellent clothes so you really need to get Zion to make sure the clothes are right for Eiji.

Holy crap I think I've fallen in love. I'm usually so picky with more realistic styled dolls that I never feel a strong desire for them but wow. He's precious. Must resist...

To borrow a saying from the Borg, "Resistance is futile." Eiji will need a BFF...

edit: Looks like this might be some (WIPS of) new official art? By Matsuno Shin.

CYHNWWWUMAEoGZr.png

CYHNVqXUkAADD2y.png

He does look very much like a cast of Free! but I'm not complaining. He is looking better and better in my book. I wish I had a ton of money then I can buy multiple Eijis and make all the custom characters I want. LOL.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

JChiibs

I've been madly working on the website so I haven't had a chance to reply to the posts on here yet, but a very reliable little birdy just told me that the Eiji are shipping next week.

Now I just gotta try not to panic about how much there is to do on the website as well as getting the shirts finished.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Error-Chan

two simple questions i have not been able to fine the answer to for you now.

How tall his Eiji exactly from head to toe with no wig/shoes on?

what eye size is her and what the iris size?

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Error-Chan
24 3/4 inches (62.75 cm) as stated in the pic I made before and Madison is currently using 22mm Parabox 'B' type eyes, but I don't know the iris size.

~Sister Kyoya

thats ok for the eyes i will need to make custom eyes for El and Gaara so looking for size references so i can have a look at them later.

and interesting bout the hight. i will need to get the 65cm obitsu and the SMDguy body together and see which is taller with heads. cant have El shorter then Gaara XD

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Nozomi02

Thanks for letting us know what the little bird told you about shipping times! I'm so excited I can taste it. I don't know what I'd do if I had to wait until mid February! And thanks for the information about eyes too. I'm experimenting with making my own, resin eyes, and was only guessing at the size I'd need for Eiji.

At home:

DDH-05: Kimiko

DD Snow Miku: Miss Yum Yum

Smart Doll Ivory: Yuki

Smart Doll Chitose

Smart Doll Eiji: Hotohori

DD Saber Extra

DDH-07/SmD Hybrid: Maki

Smart Doll Harmony

Smart Doll Twilight

DDH-10 MDD: Anzu Futaba

Smart Doll Crimson Kai: Takeshi

JChiibs

The eyes are stated for the Dev Eiji head but I'd assume that the full release version would be similar. It's so awesome hearing about more people trying out custom resin eyes. Personally I think it's only a good thing for everyone. I'm itching to work on mine but priorities and all that.

23706822773_84e66fa9a5_z.jpg

I put this together the other day to show why Madison's eye makeup is so severe. The drawing is the artwork for the VOCALOID Yohioloid and the entire inspiration for Madison. I really love how perfect the Dev Eiji is for him. I want another one of this sculpt so I can give him a different expression that I keep seeing in my head.

I'm already anticipating taking tons of photos when Kyoya gets here. I'm still shocked that I can even say that. XD I keep having to remind myself that he doesn't have any of his clothes though. That will take somewhat longer...

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Mimiyo3

23706822773_84e66fa9a5_z.jpg

I put this together the other day to show why Madison's eye makeup is so severe. The drawing is the artwork for the VOCALOID Yohioloid and the entire inspiration for Madison. I really love how perfect the Dev Eiji is for him. I want another one of this sculpt so I can give him a different expression that I keep seeing in my head.

~Sister Kyoya

I KNEW Madison looked familiar! Now I get why! He's Awesome SK! Man... Now I'm wanting to do some vocaloid customs soooo bad! I've decided my OC's will take priority though. (As long as I know what I want to use to make them that is) A SeeU custom sounds precious! I've been thinking and 06 with a cat mouth mod :3 on an s bust-dynamite body hybrid! She'd be just the most adorable thing!

Okay rant over... I'm hoping Volks doesn't release any more must haves for me for a while. I need to get Ted. Also I can't help but wonder if SmDB will be released in ivory as well. I mean, I bet he will eventually but I'm curious about how far off that will be. If I make a Gakupo custom as well I'd probably get him in ivory.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

JChiibs

AAAAAAAAAAAH! I just got my shipping notice!!!

So many feels... I don't know what to say.

~Sister Kyoya

Monty

@Mimiyo- I think I said this before, but Ivory isnt a colour, it's just a name of the character. The character Ivory is the exact same skintone as Mirai and Kizuna. If you look at the page for her on the online store it confirms this because its a common misconception (albeit an understandable one. Its her dark hair that makes her skin look whiter in contrast.). Ebony is the only doll with a different skin-tone right now. I dont think he has plans for white skin/semi-white skin at this time but who knows, maybe in future.

anyway I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU SK!

Danny also emailed me yesterday to tell me that there will DEFINITELY be store stock when I visit, so its 24 more days for me!

Mimiyo3
@Mimiyo- I think I said this before, but Ivory isnt a colour, it's just a name of the character. The character Ivory is the exact same skintone as Mirai and Kizuna. If you look at the page for her on the online store it confirms this because its a common misconception (albeit an understandable one. Its her dark hair that makes her skin look whiter in contrast.). Ebony is the only doll with a different skin-tone right now. I dont think he has plans for white skin/semi-white skin at this time but who knows, maybe in future.

anyway I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU SK!

Danny also emailed me yesterday to tell me that there will DEFINITELY be store stock when I visit, so its 24 more days for me!

Ah. I'm an idiot. Whoops. I kinda just assumed she was. I thought it was a more subtle difference or something.

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

JChiibs
Ebony color guy due out in March. Makeup will be diff - moody character.

*Image Link* (because I'm feeling too lazy to repost the pic...)

Am I the only one who gets confused over the fact that in the Smart Doll land that 'ebony' just means tan? Every time I hear that I keep expecting a more chocolate colored skin tone.

~Sister Kyoya

Monty

I'm more confused that he sometimes uses it like an adjective and sometimes as it should be used - a characters name. Ebony is a name after all, and the slight kerfuffle with the 'that's not ebony skin tone' could be explained away with 'it's her name' if Danny was more consistent with the way he uses the word Ebony. Otherwise it's like her name is just 'Tan', which is weird.

I'm interested to see his face though - I was hoping it would be different, since Ebony's faceup is different to Mirai's.

I did post this in the 1/6 thread too but a mini version of Eiji - 30cm tall - has also been confirmed. Could be a cheaper way to shell an OC of mine I've been trying and failing to make since I first got into pure neemos in 2012... Or it would be if 30cm wasn't nearly 9cm taller than his existing pure neemo 'partner' - they have a height difference, sure, but it's not this extreme. Unless I put the shorter one on one of the obitsu 1/6 bodies, which I don't really like for aesthetic purposes and there's also the issue of finding fitting clothes and -mumbles off into sunset- ...Mini Eiji would be cute, though!

(Also digging his v-neck. wish Danny would show us the wigs that will go on sale since he told me a few days back that they should be out in February...)

jazijaz

Am I the only one who gets confused over the fact that in the Smart Doll land that 'ebony' just means tan? Every time I hear that I keep expecting a more chocolate colored skin tone.

~Sister Kyoya

He doesn't look moody to me but oh God, he is so cute!

Tira

~Sister Kyoya

He doesn't look moody to me but oh God, he is so cute!

I think the linked picture is just normal Eiji in a different outfit? It's not the Ebony guy at least.

I can't wait to see his face-up. I have some Plans for a tan Eiji, especially since I didn't win Rin. I'm also curious as to what kind of coloring they'll go for with him - I'm kind of assuming the blond wig, since that's what he's usually photographed in, but it'll be interesting to see. Though I suppose all that's slightly inconsequential to me, since I'll be customizing him anyways.

I do think it's a little odd that "Ebony" is the lighter tan, and "Harmony" is the darker tan. The names would make a little more sense the other way around, though I suppose it's more the order they came out in.

cirquemom

I think the Ebony/Ivory/Harmony names come from the Paul MacCartney/Stevie Wonder song. It IS a bit confusing that "Harmony" is the darker-skinned doll, but whatever. I love my Ebony and it's a wonderful skin tone.

I'm very excited about the tan Eiji and hope by the time he comes out (March? Is that the estimated date?) I have enough Dolly Dollars to get one. My character is a beach guy, so he needs a tan.

JChiibs

After four days of no shipping updates from the post office, Eiji is finally within my state. Alas it means that he won't arrive until tomorrow. He's only about 3 hours away, why can't he be home NOW? Man, I'm so bad at waiting, especially not knowing if Kyoya will be at my door or not. This is nerve wracking.

You can be sure I'll be posting pics as soon as I can.

~Sister Kyoya

jazijaz

I think the linked picture is just normal Eiji in a different outfit? It's not the Ebony guy at least.

Oh I thought that was the tan Eiji, so that's the normal skin Eiji? he's cute either way. =)

@Sister Kyoya: Can't wait to see your boy!!