Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

Veravey
On 2/12/2023 at 12:07 PM, RetroKanojo said:

I agree that the clothing quality on the black material looks a little questionable.

On 2/12/2023 at 5:28 PM, bananaaether said:

She has the same boots as Shirley, I just noticed! Wonder if she'll actually come WITH shoes like Shirley did, and unlike a lot of their other fullsets LOL

Here's the official fullset image. A little sad the dress is all one piece, I was hoping the pleather harness would be separate so I could combine it with other outfits, and that the striped part of the dress was a separate skirt. The back bow and socks are cute, though~ The twin tail bows could be cute on different dolls, too, just still not a fan of the exposed, unsewn hem.

image.png.32b9d0ca0a75a966ab15c6e0b3b3830a.png

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Courtmom
17 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Remind me where I can find it? I just joined another one from the forum but it doesn't seem to have any TF threads/discussions so I don't think it's the right one. ;;)

https://discord.gg/JeQ5FzjHAa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

0bsequi0us
2 hours ago, TVXD said:

Any idea if tiny fox head in tan and imomodoll chocolate are a colour match?

I took a pic comparing them a while back!

compare.jpg.81fa4891dbb336462b023343dd31af29.jpg

Tinyfox toffee/tan is the lower arm, and it's much more orangey than Imomodoll Chocolate. The upper hand is MDD Tan.

It's worth mentioning though that my Tan Tinyfox is from the very first batch of Tan dolls. And also since Tinyfox and Imomodoll are apparently collaborating, their parts may be more compatible in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cradleofstars

My first Tinyfox is here! I've named her Pebbles 😄 As someone who's only had an Imomodoll in the past, the gap in vinyl quality is insane!

2F8434AD-DBF3-450B-BA18-22E727D0BF20.jpg

• Like 4

Veravey
On 11/25/2022 at 12:11 AM, 0bsequi0us said:

TinyFox apologizes for the delayed delivery of MACOCO products for four points, and will distribute free compensation packages later. I regret to inform you that MACOCO products "Zombie Messenger LEE", M-01 Naked Baby, and M-02 Naked Baby were originally scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2022 (October-December) delivery, the original delivery period of "Panda Meiling" is the first quarter of 2023 (January-March 2023).

Also due to the epidemic, the production process of MACOCO's large products has not progressed smoothly. Since the production, there have been problems such as schedule changes, raw material out-of-stock, unreliable structure and re-optimization. Multiple problems have been superimposed. We are currently sure that we will not be able to receive large quantities of MACOCO products this year. It has been half a year since May. After such a long wait, everyone's mood, Xiaohu, can be imagined, and Xiaohu is also very anxious about it.

We are ashamed that we couldn't let everyone who supported us get their favorite dolls in time. After consideration, we will distribute a compensation set for free to players and friends who have purchased our MACOCO-related products: "Playground-Popcorn Workshop Uniform" set (see picture for vertical drawing). The scope of compensation is for all customers who purchased our "Zombie LEE", "Panda Meiling", MACOCO M-01 nude dolls, and MACOCO M-02 nude dolls.

Xiaohu hereby expresses sincere apologies for the troubles you have caused. The epidemic is ruthless, and I hope to understand.

Does anyone have a link to TF's original post about the compensation outfit we get for a Macoco order due to the delays? My proxy wants to see their original statement and I can't find it anywhere.

Found it on Twitter. ;;)

Edited by Veravey
found it

TVXD
10 hours ago, cradleofstars said:

My first Tinyfox is here! I've named her Pebbles 😄 As someone who's only had an Imomodoll in the past, the gap in vinyl quality is insane!

2F8434AD-DBF3-450B-BA18-22E727D0BF20.jpg

I also ordered her she is soo cute i just had to 🥰

• Like 1

amijules

I'm really in love with Tinyfox's dolls, but I'm new to the vinyl world (native of resinland, lol) and I'm not sure about how they do their orders. Are there any standard models that can be ordered any time, or are all of them time-limited in some way? I've seen some different info/availability on JDL and NCS, and I'd like to plan where to start so I don't miss out!

• Like 1

TVXD
34 minutes ago, amijules said:

I'm really in love with Tinyfox's dolls, but I'm new to the vinyl world (native of resinland, lol) and I'm not sure about how they do their orders. Are there any standard models that can be ordered any time, or are all of them time-limited in some way? I've seen some different info/availability on JDL and NCS, and I'd like to plan where to start so I don't miss out!

For what I saw they have blank heads and body you can order, also they come out with new characters and there are a lot still available. But it comes as a full doll-face up and clothes (some shoes mostly 1/4). So it depends what you looking for.

• Like 1

Veravey
1 hour ago, amijules said:

Welcome to forum! We're always happy to see more TF fans join. For context, I collect 1/4 dolls, but I know a few people here only collect 1/6 so I'm hoping they can shed more light on them. I'll try to organize everything I've learned in sections below~ <3

---

RELEASE HISTORY

They release fullset dolls for a period of time or until they sell out, and from my experience most are available for 5-ish months before they start selling out.

TF began with 1/6 dolls, and have since released a new version of their 1/6 body. The old version is no longer being manufactured but you can sometimes find it secondhand. They began 1/4 dolls around 2021.

BODIES

They had multiple skin tones during their original 1/6 body era, however have more recently stuck to only their white or pink tones.

You can purchase the new 1/6 body, the standard 1/4 body (which has had 1 version so far), and the 1/4 Macoco body (also 1 version) which is their chubby body model. However there have been severe delays with the Macoco body, we've talked about it a bunch in this thread if you're curious but the tl;dr is that it was announced about a year ago, was supposed to ship last November and we're still waiting even now with little updates from TF. This is true for both the fullset and blank Macoco items.

HEADS

Head sculpts are available in both scales and I think most (or all) are still available for purchase everywhere. They tend to release a new sculpt every couple months I've noticed, the newest being Raya's sculpt which is the M-05.

Head sculpts were originally labelled as D-XX, however they began releasing head sculpts labelled as M-XX since the Macoco bodies were announced. This confuses me a bit because Raya is M-05 however she's on the standard body, so I'm not sure what the difference is between D or M heads now. Plus there was always one head named X-03 which was used for Kiki, their second 1/4 fullset release. If anyone has any idea why this is, I'd love to know. 

Only the D-XX head sculpts are available for purchase individually, the M-XX sculpts have only come with a Macoco body so far (fullset or blank.)

HANDS & FEET

Additional hands are very similar to head options; both scales have purchasable hand sets. The Macoco hands are slightly chubbier and only come with Macoco bodies so far. All 1/4 fullsets (so far) come with a spare set of hands making the fox hand gesture, an homage to their company name. 

As for feet, as far as I can remember, the only alternate foot set I've seen are the heeled feet Vivienne comes with. And you know what, I'm not even sure if they come as a spare set, or the only feet she comes with. But very excited to see them either way!

image.png.f909a25f3f03a060e853ce6ff0ed341e.pngimage.png.d9c661fb39c228ae4d9878ff7a18df54.png

OUTFITS

A few stand-alone outfits have come out, like Fibonnaci's, Liluta's and Raya's. The same has happened for some 1/6 dolls. I'm not sure why some do and some don't.

And a lot of fullsets don't come with shoes which is a bit strange but I'm sure they're just budgeting per set. Every fullset comes with an infographic listing what's included; if you don't see shoes, they're not included. This even applies to the illustration each fullset comes with! See how Vivienne has shoes in both images?

image.png.f98a7b1eb302c1c45c825ff15e86e8ad.pngimage.png.9765c5adfaa4a01cc40eae5b802669da.pngimage.png.d77904ad70e1376fb93f56b0bbdaf83c.png

PURCHASING, SHIPPING, & NEWS

Don't order directly from TF... or at least, I don't recommend it... ;;)

I was stupid and impatient and worried that I would miss out on Liluta and everyone was crazy about her release (I was worried she would sell out.) Jane's wasn't yet selling TF at the time (or had just started, I don't remember), she wasn't getting listed on NCS right away, and she was my second TF purchase so I hadn't learned their release patterns yet. Long story short, shipping to Canada cost me half the price of the doll... But I will say that she arrived *pristine*. So they packaged and shipped her very well but yikes did I pay for it.

Jane's and NCS are fine to order through, both communicate well and offer free shipping to more countries. In the past they would list new dolls at slightly different times, but nowadays they tend to list within the same day or a couple days of a release date. NCS has been selling TF a tiny bit longer than Jane's. If one is missing an item, I believe either can get what you're looking for if you email them and ask.

I prefer to order directly from the TF Taobao through a proxy, but this is only because the American dollar costs me more to convert from than the yuan.

However, shipping has been causing some people grief... The clear plastic boxes 1/4 TFs come in crack like crazy and the slightest bump in shipping can dent or shatter them. The dolls are fine but their boxes get completely beat up. Half of my boxes have arrived dented, one being extremely cracked and dented. I've asked my current proxy to double box or include additional bubble wrap for my next order, fingers crossed it helps.

And finally for news, their Weibo and Twitter have info the fastest. All of their accounts are on their international website: www.tinyfoxmjd.com

Extra comment: their release can be hard to track, you're right. Sometimes stuff shows up on their Taobao first, sometimes NCS, sometimes Jane's. Ironically, their international site (the link above) is the slowest. I just keep an eye on the 3 aforementioned sites regularly to see what's new and available. I hope this helps!

Edited by Veravey
spelling, outfits, and extra comment
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

amijules

@TVXD holy moly, thank you so much! I'm so thankful for your time and energy in putting this together, this is so helpful!

Veravey
11 hours ago, Veravey said:

Head sculpts were originally labelled as D-XX, however they began releasing head sculpts labelled as M-XX since the Macoco bodies were announced. This confuses me a bit because Raya is M-05 however she's on the standard body, so I'm not sure what the difference is between D or M heads now. Plus there was always one head named X-03 which was used for Kiki, their second 1/4 fullset release. If anyone has any idea why this is, I'd love to know. 

I was making a comparison table of all of the 1/4 head releases so far and noticed a difference between the 2 head series! M-XX seem to be a bit bigger with 22cm wigs, and D-XX a little smaller at 19.5cm. Eyes are the same for the most part at 16mm. Still not sure about the X-03 head though, it matches the D-XX heads.

amijules

@Veravey yikes i'm so sorry, thank YOU for your work!! Seriously, coprehensive but digestible for a beginner. I'm especially glad for your experience about proxy ordering and sellout times. Thank you again!!

• Haha 1

Veravey
Just now, amijules said:

@Veravey yikes i'm so sorry, thank YOU for your work!! Seriously, coprehensive but digestible for a beginner. I'm especially glad for your experience about proxy ordering and sellout times. Thank you again!!

All good, I've made that mistake before. Let us know if you need any more help, and we also have a TF Discord, the link to it is in the previous page of the thread or so. <3

Astraea

I got my Lizzy in last month but haven't had a chance to post pictures yet, so here she is! 

sdfjksdkjfkdsfjlsdk.png.cd4b512b5ede52799d18bf996c6b1fc0.png

Like was mentioned in this thread already her plastic packaging box/insert was crumbling on the corners from the shipping journey but she was okay so I'm not upset about it (probably worth mentioning that the box my little Fox fairy came in was much nicer, printed cardboard with a magnetic folding front)

Her wig is a bit shinier than the other ones I have but the colors are so cool. Her outfit is gorgeous, the fabric has this shimmery effect that makes her sparkle, and the details are just so lovely and neat. I love the airy flowy sleeves a lot. Her expression looks a bit different depending on the angle you look at her from, from some angles it looks like a slight smile and others she looks more sad or contemplative. I haven't used her collar, socks, or shoes because I'm a bit scared they'll stain her since there's a lot of black fabric - I'm going to sew her some white socks or tights to wear underneath when I get around to it. She also came with a super cute bonnet. 

I was able to pull out her second elbow joints with some effort and a hairdryer, I was scared I'd break something but she feels very sturdy and she can touch her face which is nice. I want to get her some new eyes and a wig eventually but her fullset ones are really nice so I'm not in any rush 🥰 I want to take nicer pictures when I have all her things in order.

• Like 6

amijules

@Astraea she's gorgeous! Can't wait to see the accessories you make for her <3 I wasn't sure how Lizzy's wig would look in owner photos, but it looks fantastic in yours! It's great to see that red underlayer giving such a strong and vibrant showing 😄

• Like 1

amijules

I think I have my choices narrowed down to Rita and Lilith, but I'm leaning toward Rita. She's just so sweet! 🥺 I might order her when my tax return comes through.

One thing I've been having trouble figuring out is this: I've been watching lots of box openings to try and get a better idea, but what I can't get a good look at is the inside of their fullset wigs. Are they light caps? Black caps? I'm trying to get a handle on what to expect when it comes to possible staining, and of course staining prevention. I also admit to being a complete noob who doesn't know if it's safe to use silicone wig caps on vinyl dolls lmfao im so sorry, I am not a chemist but I assume the answer is no...? 😅

I'm really grateful for a place where there's tons of discussion pages I can look through at my own pace to learn more and enjoy pics, and I really appreciate how welcoming everybody has been here on DD! Thank you all ❤️❤️❤️

bananaaether

@Astraea WOW, she is so pretty!!! I really like her wig, the red and black is so cute! Thanks for the photos!

pyoko

@amijules: their darks wigs do stain. Had it happen with my Koimi (her black wig does have a dark brown wig cap) 

• Sad 2

Veravey
18 hours ago, Astraea said:

sdfjksdkjfkdsfjlsdk.png.cd4b512b5ede52799d18bf996c6b1fc0.png

Uuuuugh she's too cute and now you're making me rethink ordering her. x_x

I love the contrast between her darker, stronger make-up and wig against her delicate outfit. And I'm a sucker for sleepy/gloomy face-ups. She's so cuuuuute~

• Like 1

amijules

Y'all I'm so excited, my careful budgeting has paid off and I have more $$ to work with right now than I thought!!! I ordered Rita from NCS, I'm so excited, I can't wait for Christina to invoice me 🥺❤️ I was surprised I didn't see any chatter about her in this thread, I read all 48 pages to brush up on my TF history and education lmfao. Is she one of their newer releases? I know Jane's Dolland did a box opening of her, as did another youtube user, but I can't wait to have her and I'd love pictures to tide me over in the meantime.

Rita really reminds me of my dog who passed away in December (I know her outfit is dog-themed, but in her face and her wig she just reminds me of my sweet Tater). I might name her after my dog, I never really wanted to do a 'memorial doll' like I've seen people do bc I thought it would make me sad, but I'll see when she gets here what name I want to go with. Thank you everybody for your help, I can't wait to share her with you all!!!!! <3<3<3

• Like 1

Veravey
1 hour ago, amijules said:

I ordered Rita from NCS, I'm so excited, I can't wait for Christina to invoice me 🥺❤️ I was surprised I didn't see any chatter about her in this thread, I read all 48 pages to brush up on my TF history and education lmfao.

She definitely flew under the radar! She came right in between two of their most popular releases, Liluta and Anna, and right after Martha who is really similar in style. That and it was right around Christmas so I think less people were shopping around.

She and Martha are both the D-05 head which honestly might be my second favourite sculpt after D-12 (Vivienne.) Its so cute and innocent! I can’t wait to see pictures of yours.

• Like 1

amijules

I paid my invoice! Now the waiting game, orz

amijules

I'm back with another question, lol, does anyone know if TF makes their fullsets for their release all at once, or are they MTO as orders come in? I'm selfishly/naively hoping there's a ready to go Rita that NCS can just snap up from the TF taobao or something lmfao @onion16@ After my last resin preorders took 9 and 6 months, respectively, I told myself I would never do preorders again lol but obviously that did fluffall to stop me @onion29@

• Haha 1

Veravey
9 minutes ago, amijules said:

I'm back with another question, lol, does anyone know if TF makes their fullsets for their release all at once, or are they MTO as orders come in? I'm selfishly/naively hoping there's a ready to go Rita that NCS can just snap up from the TF taobao or something lmfao

From what I've observed, occasionally NCS and Jane's will list some dolls as in-stock and ready for immediate purchase. So my guess is they order batches from TF, and fulfill our orders with excess being listed as in-stock.

What I don't know is if they order our orders on top of these initial batches or if they combine them, but it might also depend on TF's stock and if they can put in any more orders after an initial order at release.

Edited by Veravey
  • Like 1

pyoko

@amijules: When I ordered Shirley recently she arrived rather quickly. Only a few weeks wait time. (I think it was during a holiday time in China) 

So I believe the dolls that were for preorder, and then months later show up for sale again, are in stock with tinyfox. 

But you can ask the dealer you plan to use to make sure. 

Edited by pyoko
  • Like 2