Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Danny Choo Smart Doll Boy [NSFW]

foo
Man, that site has some great glasses! Even a good potential Moe-mura pair. . . .Do you need a proxy to order from them?

I picked them up at the Kyoto Dolpa f^_^') They're on Yahoo auctions sometimes though.

Tira

It seems that I'm not the only one who's been thinking of Archer with the pics of the tan boy. I was a little disappointed with the face at first, as I didn't think it suited him at first, but after looking at it and making some comparisons with the Ufotable character sheet, I think he's closer than I first thought. (And yes, I know it would be better to use the actual VN as a reference, but the facial proportions will occasionally shift from shot to shot. And the Ufotable animation is really sexy.) The main difference is the eye size, which Ufotable draws smaller than other versions, including the VN, and that Eiji has rounder cheeks. And of course Eiji has a much friendlier expression, but he'd need a new face-up anyways. The distinctive eyebrows would probably help the resemblance.

The body isn't quite accurate either - I feel like the proportions are good, but Eiji's too skinny, especially through the arms. Now if only there was some way I could get Eiji to work out more and put on some muscle... Of course, the smart option would be to wait for the Macho body to come out, but I'm afraid it'll lack the more animetic proportions that the current one has, given that Danny mentioned wanting to use it for more realistic characters, like Solid Snake. Besides, with the new Rin dollfie coming out, I'm going to need someone to keep an eye on her.

Actually, factoring in both the softer features and slimmer build, Eiji looks sort of like he's somewhere between Shirou and Archer.

JChiibs
how do you guys feel about Enji being put back and then suddenly glasses being shown

I'm actually pleased that he's making progress. I'd be very happy to see a lot more glasses for all the Smart Dolls, not just Eiji. Designing stuff, be it glasses or dolls, isn't always a linear progression. I've often thought that if Danny wasn't so driven that this whole process could have taken loads longer. With Eiji preorders opening on the 24th (last I heard) I don't see it as a bad thing compared to his original release date that was supposed to be at the beginning of October. The delays keep coming because Danny is trying his best to make Eiji into what many of us have been hoping to have for numerous years. I personally would rather have him take a bit longer and have a better product than ignoring things that need to be fixed simply to get him out ASAP to get a financial return.

And there is one thing to be said about Danny's pre-orders... He doesn't make us wait nine months to ship them like Volks does! And those of us who have gotten used to the Volks pre-orders see that as 'normal'! (Now if Volks would quit stealing my money I might have some hope of getting Mirai someday...)

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Error-Chan
With Eiji preorders opening on the 24th (last I heard) I don't see it as a bad thing compared to his original release date that was supposed to be at the beginning of October. The delays keep coming because Danny is trying his best to make Eiji into what many of us have been hoping to have for numerous years.

~Sister Kyoya

Well from what i have read and understood its been put back from the 24th relieve so he can redo the hands. i think i read he said he was not satisfied with the finish and is working on them again. but i can be wrong since i have not read anything more about this since.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

JChiibs

That was the last I hear as well. Frankly I didn't notice anything particularly wrong with the hands I have, but Raven said he thought they were too "knuckly" (whatever that means.)

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Error-Chan
That was the last I hear as well. Frankly I didn't notice anything particularly wrong with the hands I have, but Raven said he thought they were too "knuckly" (whatever that means.)

~Sister Kyoya

no clue my self ether. i saw the image but it said one pair were the redone and the other were the old ones and i could not tell the difference XD

I think for me for the range of hands ( if Danny does not make the poses needed) i may use the L DD hands for him if it fits. will be something to see when he is more out there and people can test these things on him.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

JChiibs

Personally I wish that Danny would do 'Deluxe' packages for the doll orders in addition to the regular ones, meaning that all the hand sets, telescopic stand, and the air stand included as a single price along with the Smart Doll instead of having them separate (with appropriate pricing of course.) I'd be so much more likely to order that than piecing the whole thing together myself in the shopping cart. Still can't decide if that's just being lazy or just more mentally efficient.

~Sister Kyoya

Minuette
Personally I wish that Danny would do 'Deluxe' packages for the doll orders in addition to the regular ones, meaning that all the hand sets, telescopic stand, and the air stand included as a single price along with the Smart Doll instead of having them separate (with appropriate pricing of course.) I'd be so much more likely to order that than piecing the whole thing together myself in the shopping cart. Still can't decide if that's just being lazy or just more mentally efficient.

~Sister Kyoya

Nonono, definitely not lazy. I'd be more inclined to buy them that way too. I just love the idea of sets. There's a reason I don't buy Rement sets! I have too many larger addictions, I couldn't handle a tiny one as well.

Mimiyo3

I'd love the idea of sets as well! It feels nicer to get a complete set on stuff like this.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Neemos: Yuki & Mimi

Resins: Mizuumi & Aiko

Error-Chan

Blank full pack now i would love that. with what El and my partners dark elf he wants to make would be brilliant if they did that.

I can see a lot of people being happy not having to buy a full set and having a full blank doll with all the accessory.

JChiibs

I'm getting a tad impatient that he has yet to sell just the bodies. Not the full dolls. Not just the frames. I want a headless body. I have such a bad habit if I get a head, I feel uberly compelled to make something of it instead of it just being left as a nameless blank head. This would also explain why I have 8 floating heads (9 by June...), some who have been waiting years for a body. Miss Lottite, now I blame her for that one. She just didn't like the body she had. But Ralph stole the Dev body and seems to have less than zero regret about it, forcing Madison to be a floating head. The finished Eiji could possibly be someone very specific who would never allow being kept as a floating head, or even playing second fiddle to anyone, especially Madison. And my poor Kiyoteru has been a floating head for almost 3(?!?) years now?

And yet Danny is still not selling headless bodies. I'd consider saving up for a couple extra Eiji just for the bodies, but I don't want to deal with the extra cost, selling off the extra clothing, or trying to find anyone who would just want Eiji's head. I'd think about doing multiple expressions for the same character, but I'm totally sick of floating heads even if they had a purpose.

~Sister Kyoya

Mimiyo3
I'm getting a tad impatient that he has yet to sell just the bodies. Not the full dolls. Not just the frames. I want a headless body. I have such a bad habit if I get a head, I feel uberly compelled to make something of it instead of it just being left as a nameless blank head. This would also explain why I have 8 floating heads (9 by June...), some who have been waiting years for a body. Miss Lottite, now I blame her for that one. She just didn't like the body she had. But Ralph stole the Dev body and seems to have less than zero regret about it, forcing Madison to be a floating head. The finished Eiji could possibly be someone very specific who would never allow being kept as a floating head, or even playing second fiddle to anyone, especially Madison. And my poor Kiyoteru has been a floating head for almost 3(?!?) years now?

And yet Danny is still not selling headless bodies. I'd consider saving up for a couple extra Eiji just for the bodies, but I don't want to deal with the extra cost, selling off the extra clothing, or trying to find anyone who would just want Eiji's head. I'd think about doing multiple expressions for the same character, but I'm totally sick of floating heads even if they had a purpose.

~Sister Kyoya

I don't know how you're doing that. I'd be going crazy in your shoes! The wait for Celia's body was killing me and my only way to deal was to take about 10 or so shots of my other two girls messing around with her head because I'm a horrible person. If I get a Takane head top priority after that is gonna be getting her DDS body. That all being said Danny definitely needs to sell parts.

Present!

Miku, Aria, Celia, Melody, Aveline, Rin T, Ted, Chi, Yumi, Melanie, Rin K, Len, Ea, Alter, Illya, Rachel, Aelia, Matt, Jace, & E.N.O.

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

JChiibs

We have 16(?) completed DD now, 3 of them belong to my husband Ravendruid. I'm saving up for the full release Eiji, entering the int. & Volks USA lotteries for Rin, 2 snow Miku on preorder (intended for custom Rin & Len Kagamine), and planning on getting the official Volks Rin & Len (Damn you Volks! If I would have known you'd attempt a boy I wouldn't have done the Miku preorders...) in addition to the floating heads, you'd really think I wouldn't have a problem yanking heads off. In fact I really hate it and it bothers me severely whenever I have to do it. Yet another reason I don't want extra Eiji heads just sitting around.

This last year and this coming year have really been insane for me hobby wise. It started about this time last year when Ralph wouldn't be quiet about missing Ringo (who was a floating head for over a year) so we pinched and saved up for her Obitsu body. My remaining plans were to save up for Miss Lottie's body and do the preorder for Sheryl & Ranka. As it turned out, Miss Lottie got put on hold to give my older sister her first DD and the only way at that point to get the body she needed was to get a Yukino, my #1 unicorn that kept getting pushed down the list because she was too easy to get. So that was a total shocker. I was going about saving up for Sheryl & Ranka when Danny announced the Dev program. The moment I heard about it I was devastated because I knew the preorders were dominating our savings. Raven decided that we should look over our finances again and see if it was possible, and with some very creative budgeting and meal planning on my part we were able to manage it. I'm only able to get the full version of Eiji because Danny kept pushing back the date, so I for one am grateful for that. The DD for my sister and both Eijis were very decidedly business decisions because of how they would impact Naiomi's Closet, hopefully for the better. Being able to work with my sister has been really, really awesome and it's fun seeing her get excited about the hobby as a whole.

Often I just want to ask "Is 2016 over yet?" because having so many unexpected large DD obligations has been far from easy. I've been grateful to have Dev. Eiji but for those who don't have him, I can tell you it feels very weird owning a doll I paid for, and yet he still has 'strings attached'. The expectation that I do something has been overwhelming. I don't know how much is okay to do to start out with, what to really choose, and how all those decisions could shoot me in the foot later. I can't wait for the full Eiji to be released because then I'll feel like I've completed my obligation and the strings are no longer there. Then I can relax a bit and work on things I feel like doing without the uber stressful time constraint, and give me a chance to design more stuff instead of just cranking out patterns.

In a very long and roundabout way this is why I'm frustrated about Danny not having just the bodies for sale. I've got guys I want to complete but I don't want the problem and cost of the extra stuff in a fullset. I want to get back to the point where I can save up for my DD in my own time instead of being jerked around by the whims of Danny and Volks. It's exhausting. All I really want from all of this is for Naiomi's Closet to do well enough to cover my monthly costs and have enough leftover to save up for the bodies I desperately need, and still have time left for spending time with my vinyl 'kiddos', my husband, to record their stories either with photos or writing, and to share all the fun stuff with my forum friends. I've been having fun and doing things I never imagined I would, but sometimes I really wonder if it's worth all the suffocating stress. Many days I just wonder if I'll ever be able to get back to the quiet days I used to spend with Tama where much of my world revolved around him. All of my other DD have stemmed from that. They have so many stories waiting to be told, but having to stop and remember who's not finished yet is totally not fun. I keep trying to motivate myself that I've only got a month left to work on the release outfits for the Smart Doll boy, that isn't easy when there are all sorts of Christmas things I want to do. And yet I have to try and remember to think ahead to Valentine's Day to see if I can figure out anything at all for that because of the mount of time it takes to get fabric from Spoonflower, completed, and posted on the site. Ugh, I think my head is going to explode.

~Sister Kyoya

Mimiyo3

Wow! I think of owning 16 dolls with wonder without thinking that I probably will get like that pretty soon!

I have 3 at home atm, plus 2 on the way, a hopeful 2 more, plus my immediate next plans (If volks will let me save some fricking money that is) are a smart doll guy and Illya twins. Oh, also Kagamines.

That brings it to 12. @@ I'm catching up fast it seems!

It's so cool seeing all you're attempting to do! It makes me feel more determined to do the things I want to. Getting Celia is finally kicking my butt into gear on writing where before I had nearly dropped out entirely due to other stresses in my life. Long story short my Parents are trying to steer me in one direction and I really think it's not the right path for me. Anyways do still make sure to take care of yourself. I hope things go well with your business. I may be ordering later than I intended because volks reaaaaly wants to suck my wallet dry. ><;

Bloody vampires

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Monty

Add me to the list of people that want to support SK's Naomi's Closet too...but I'm also not going to be able to immediately. I gotta save every cent I have for this february trip if I'm going to be affording Eiji at all, and it would really be best to actually have the doll before I buy stuff for him (as much as I'd like to support you to reward all your hard work right away...) That and the AUD-USD exchange rate is absolute murder at the moment 8') But I can guarantee once Eiji is here he's going to bug me for as much clothes as possible, and if he looks like Kaito I'm not going to be able to refuse.

I hope all 16 of your kids are cheering you on, especially Tama!

yokha

Just found out some one on my instagram make a custom outfit for 1/12 1/6 and 1/3 action figure and doll, and his new project was for smart doll boy, his username was haute hero, you should check it guys, he makes some cool stuff. Oh he is NYC based fashion studio.

Edited by Guest

Monty

Thanks for the heads up, I just checked him out and his progress looks very impressive! Definitely something to keep an eye on. However, I get the feeling his stuff could be very 'high end' and expensive. I'm also a little worried at how dark his clothing seems to be and whether he's done stain testing.

Here's his Instagram for those interested: https://www.instagram.com/haute_hero/

It's really cool to see the developer project people starting to come out of the woodwork. I'm so impatient to see everyone's stuff because it looks like there's going to be a lot of variety across the board.

JChiibs
That brings it to 12. @@ I'm catching up fast it seems!

One word of warning: Be careful who you choose to emulate in the hobby, it may just doom you. How do I know? Mine was Baldylox. I can't say I regret it, but oh boy my life has gotten complicated.

Anyways do still make sure to take care of yourself. I hope things go well with your business. I may be ordering later than I intended because volks reaaaaly wants to suck my wallet dry. ><;

I'm trying my best to take care of myself. The additional holiday stress isn't making it easy. I've been spending a lot of time thinking over what direction I really want to take with Naiomi's Closet and it's one of those things that has no easy answers. I want to do something that will make people happy but also something that would keep me happy as well. No matter how many times I run my mind over it, I can't determine what would have the better result. After going around in my mind about this for months with no solution I feel like I'm beating my head into the wall.

Add me to the list of people that want to support SK's Naomi's Closet too...but I'm also not going to be able to immediately... (as much as I'd like to support you to reward all your hard work right away...)

I hope all 16 of your kids are cheering you on, especially Tama!

I appreciate the support. I know that getting finances to work with a hobby like this isn't the easiest thing to do.

I totally know how you feel wondering if Eiji will work for your ideal character... I'm completely chomping at the bit to see if he will work for mine. If so, his clothing demands will be high. And many.

I forgot how hard holiday cooking can be on my back so I've been resting in bed the last 3 days (Thursday was Thanksgiving in the US.) Tama has been highly demanding that I snuggle with him. The little snuggle monster is gazing at me as I type, insisting that his snuggle meter is getting low.

Dakota has decided that she's going to support the 'boyfriend' line of DD clothing...

22807694393_3a3882d1f9_z.jpg

Basically she decided that if it fits, it's fair game for her wardrobe.

23352254071_a6346d87b3_z.jpg

Frankly I'm a bit surprised it fit, even over her big womanly tush. This is just one of the test SmDB shirts. I'm planning on ordering some of the finished designs on Friday. I also got the shipping notice for Madison's hair yesterday. Once that gets here I can take pics with the default Dev head. Now if the darn pants would quit being the bane of my existence... (Yipee for being a perfectionist? )

~Sister Kyoya

Mimiyo3

Holidays certainly are tiring. At the same time they usually are fun so it's not all bad. As for those shirts my guy would look so cute in one of those! They really do look great so far.

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.

Monty

Oooh, nice work!

I know the bagginess is because its intended for a size bigger than Dakota, but I think that bagginess is actually very cute, so i'd love it if you made some sweaters that had the baggy apperance for the SmDB as well (since I'm guessing this will fit a little snugger on his body). I really love the baggy sweater look - it's super adorable, and this looks like a great thing for them to lounge around in. I'm definitely interested in something like that, especially if you have a choice of colours or even patterns.

Shizusan

Haute Hero stuff looks promising and I'm also concerned if he does color staining tests.

Amara77
Haute Hero stuff looks promising and I'm also concerned if he does color staining tests.

Yes that set looks nice, but I don't know if they are familiar with how easily vinyl can stain.

I do also agree, it's a nice set, I see the clothing getting expensive fast!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

JChiibs
Yes that set looks nice, but I don't know if they are familiar with how easily vinyl can stain.

My experience is that I've got some neon pink and green costume vinyl that managed to stain each other in my fabric cabinet. Tama also has some dark vinyl on his coat from Alice Collections with some dark brown vinyl parts on the shoulders. Lucas decided to hold onto it before his clothes were done and now has a dark stain on one of his fingertips.

I can't vouch for every kind of vinyl but so far I haven't had too much luck with it.

Nevermind, I read that wrong.

*Takes a quick peek at the outfit again and notices it on preorder and decides to look at the cost...*

...If my tongue wasn't attached as firmly as it is, I would have swallowed it. Made in New York with a New York price tag. Apparently my frugal country bumpkin heart can barely stand the shock.

(Also if I've forgotten to respond to a post here, just remind me if you were hoping for some sort of answer. I'm juggling so many things right now that I don't have the time to go back and look like I normally would.)

~Sister Kyoya

Monty

I've noticed that for whatever reason, Danny gives more precise dates in japanese than he does in english.

In english he stated Eiji will 'release january' (preorders on the 24th, the original release date) but the japanese version of the tweet says 'late january'.

This made me a little worried about the possibility of him not being in stock when I visit due to sell-out - Danny does always stress that it isnt necessary to reserve dolls for pick up as they always have stock, and as far as I know they've never sold out of a doll in store, but Eiji being the first vinyl boy does make me wonder. (When I asked he only said that they should have stock in store on Feb 9th, when I plan to visit)

At any rate, if I am able to get him when I plan to it means there's going to be a much smaller gap than I thought there would be between his release and me getting him...which means that I wont have a lot of knowledge to go off in terms of what clothes are gonna fit him. I was hoping the gap would be big enough for the people who get the first batch to post all their clothes they can confirm will fit, since I plan to get him some clothes from the Volks store and elsewhere in Akiba if I knew it would be alright. I guess SD17 is the safest bet in the end... well, besides the stuff coming out of the Developers program. (i also cant help but share Sister Kyoya's sentiment...Haute Hero's stuff is nice, but...the price is as I expected. I said my Kaito will be spoiled but not that spoiled! Good luck to anyone who can afford Haute Hero, anyway, and post a zillion pics if you do.)

Mimiyo3

Oh boy... I hope at least a 3rd party starts making sculpts for Smart doll guy. Miku wants Gakupo, Celia wants Ted, plus if I get a Takane she's going to become Celia's mom who is obviously going to want her dad and if I get Rin she's gonna be going nuts wondering why Archer isn't around... All this want but I seriously don't want them all to have the same sculpt, plus most of volk's sculpts are too girly to pull these characters off. Most I could do is 3 all in different skintones with custom faceups and modding as necessary. Eiji will come out in ivory too right? Also a skintone between ebony and harmony would be amazing.

Also I agree with you guys on the Haute Hero thing. It's nice, but too expensive for what it is. I'm sure there will be similar clothes for cheaper elsewhere.

Present!

W.I.P.

Rose, Tara

Waiting

Hannah, Lucy, Sonya.