Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

amijules

@Psi welcome! I'm new too, congratulations on your Vivienne order! What kind of wig do you have in mind for her?

Psi
4 hours ago, amijules said:

@Psi welcome! I'm new too, congratulations on your Vivienne order! What kind of wig do you have in mind for her?

I don’t rightly know just yet. Honestly wig shopping is my biggest hate in the hobby. It drives me absolutely nutters. 

amijules
8 minutes ago, Psi said:

I don’t rightly know just yet. Honestly wig shopping is my biggest hate in the hobby. It drives me absolutely nutters. 

I feel your pain, it can be so hard to find what you want even after you do decide what you're looking for!! I wish you the best of luck @onion17@

Psi

Does anybody know where to get good wigs?! I haven’t needed to wig shop in a long time and I have no idea where to look anymore O_O 

amijules

I'm in the US so when I buy wigs new, my first choice is Denver Doll Emporium, but I also use Etsy stores for handmade/custom orders and commercial wigs, once I confirm the shop doesn't sell or is affiliated with recasts. I also occasionally buy secondhand from other collectors on Instagram, Facebook, and forums like Den of Angels (and I'll browse this one as well after meeting the MP requirements).

Veravey
20 hours ago, Psi said:

Does anybody know where to get good wigs?! I haven’t needed to wig shop in a long time and I have no idea where to look anymore O_O 

I gotchu~ ;;)

I've purchased way too many wigs in the last 2 years.

When directly purchasing from brands, I like Leeke, Luts, Cotindoll, VolksUSA, Mandarake's Himekazura wig line, and I loved Little Monica but they closed permanently. I go directly to these brands sites usually.

Brands I like that are available through Etsy, Legend Doll, Dolk, and other shops that offer multiple brands, or their direct stores on Taobao, I like Licht, MS Doll, and Pengin Workshop. Most sell 1/3 and 1/4 scale wigs but some have a much smaller 1/4 inventory.

For second hand, I love Mandarake and Dollyteria.

Generally buying off Etsy, you'll see a much higher price markup. A lot of Chinese brands sell for much lower on their Taobao shops. Some of the brands I listed are only on Etsy, like some American wig makers.

Edited by Veravey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

0bsequi0us

This is just a rumor (and I really really REALLY hope it isn't true) but I saw a conversation on weibo where someone said that they were told the Macoco dolls wouldn't be ready until freaking JUNE 😱 I was really hoping we'd get news any day now...

I'm starting to worry that the compensation outfit that was promised might be pushing back the delivery of the dolls even further... 💀 Either that or they discovered a major flaw in the middle of production and basically had to start over? idk, again I really wish Tinyfox themselves would update us about it 😭

Edited by 0bsequi0us
  • Sad 1

Veravey
1 hour ago, 0bsequi0us said:

they were told the Macoco dolls wouldn't be ready until freaking JUNE

This unfortunately may be true. Someone I know got an email from NCS saying potentially May or June now.

• Sad 1

PolitelyNefarious

@Riesz  One of us.  One of us. One of-

Congratulations on your new acquisitions! TinyFox dolls are notoriously adorable- they should fit right in with your girls.

• Like 3

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Psi

Does anybody know if tinyfox 1/4 are close in size to fairyland? I wanna have some things waiting for my new girl, but would like to invest in a few patterns to start with ^_^;

Manaphyyy

Adding another voice to the Macoco delay, I reached out to Jane about it and she said the current expected delivery is 2nd quarter 2023--so sometime between April and end of June. At least the response everyone's getting is fairly consistent, but a possible 6 month delay after original expected delivery does make my nosy brain wonder what all happened to cause it.

• Like 1

Courtmom
1 minute ago, Manaphyyy said:

Adding another voice to the Macoco delay, I reached out to Jane about it and she said the current expected delivery is 2nd quarter 2023--so sometime between April and end of June. At least the response everyone's getting is fairly consistent, but a possible 6 month delay after original expected delivery does make my nosy brain wonder what all happened to cause it.

Honestly? My guess is that they overdid their ideas. If they hadn’t made the legs swappable I think it would’ve been better. That being said, I REALLY hope the next release is boys. 

• Like 1

Veravey
56 minutes ago, Courtmom said:

Honestly? My guess is that they overdid their ideas. If they hadn’t made the legs swappable I think it would’ve been better.

I think this is a big part of it, too. That and the wild waves of supply shortages across all kinds of materials around the world since Covid. It's really changed/messed a lot of process for a lot of companies. This is all guesses, though.

Edited by Veravey
spelling

Courtmom
3 hours ago, Veravey said:

I think this is a big part of it, too. That and the wild waves of supply shortages across all kinds of materials around the world since Covid. It's really changed/messed a lot of process for a lot of companies. This is all guesses, though.

NGL I totally thought “Dovid” was intentional. I heard Homer’s voice in my head 😂 🍩. That aside, I totally agree. I almost wonder if there are a bunch of ABS bodies laying around waiting to get their vinyl coating brushed on. Or if ABS is the problem. Either way, they did *technically* say it was a quality issues problem. So hard to say. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Haha 2

Cheesecake

New possible fashion set in the horizon. Tinyfox Kindergarten. 

• Like 3

amijules

Oh that fashion set is ADORABLE.

Y'all I can't contain my excitement, my Rita has shipped!!!!!!! I'm so excited, omg. She shipped 2 days ago actually but I was busy enough with work I didn't get on my computer. But that worked out well for me, because she's already made it to Outbound from just label creation! I can't wait to take pics and share them omg @onion22@

• Like 2

flora
On 3/15/2023 at 1:34 PM, Psi said:

Does anybody know if tinyfox 1/4 are close in size to fairyland? I wanna have some things waiting for my new girl, but would like to invest in a few patterns to start with ^_^;

I also previously had a fairyland and wonder how the size compares. I have a lot of cute yosd size clothes still, but they might be too chunky for tiny fox?

Also, would tiny fox make a good Yaoyao from Genshin Impact? They're rabbit designs are so cute!

battrastard
45 minutes ago, flora said:

Also, would tiny fox make a good Yaoyao from Genshin Impact? They're rabbit designs are so cute!

Don't see why not.. We have a Nahida and a Klee in MDD down here in AZ, with a TinyFox 1/6 Paimon, so, anything is possible! 

(And, I'm seriously thinking of making Diona as an MDD...) 

Rick

• Like 3

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Cheesecake

New TinyFox 4-koma!

The story is about a seal called Nomi (Nome? Nomy? Guess we'll find out) who is a friend of Debby's, the yellow scarf is a gift from Debby herself with the emperor penguin's trademark yellow colour. (In the first panel Debby put it on Nomi so that Nomi could eat in a "lady-like manner" like her lol.)

Debby also did a sketch of her older brother on Nomi's shirt (hidden under the jacket) which Nomi isn't quite bothered with as it turns out, and shows it to all the other residents to the point that it's become a well-known fact. 

On a side note, the older girl in the last panel is said to be a polar bear called Belle. A future 1/4 perhaps 👀

• Like 1

Courtmom

Idk about y’all but, I can’t bring myself to even try to get excited about any new dolls that come out. Not until they fulfill the Macoco orders. Until then every new doll kinda feels like a slap in the face…

• Sad 1

Courtmom

As for the minifee question, see the following measurements:

1/4 TF Lichun ( from Jane’s)

Body Measurement

• Girl

- Height (with head): 41cm

- Head Circumference:19.5cm

- Neck Circumference: 6.2cm

- Shoulder Width: 7cm

- Arm Length: 11.5cm

- Leg Lenth: 20cm

- Chest: S-15.5cm M-16.5cm L-17.5cm

- Waist Circumference: 13cm

- Hip Circumference: 19cm

- Thigh Circumference: 11cm

- Foot size: 5.5cm*2.3cm

vs

minifee Aline female (DOA)

Height: 42cm

Head circ: 18.5

Neck circ: 7

Shoulder width: 9

Shoulder to wrist: 12.5

Hip to knee: 12.5

chest circ: 17

waist circ: 14

Hip circ: 18.5

thigh circ: ???

foot size: 5.5

TVXD
9 minutes ago, Courtmom said:

Idk about y’all but, I can’t bring myself to even try to get excited about any new dolls that come out. Not until they fulfill the Macoco orders. Until then every new doll kinda feels like a slap in the face…

Yeah I get it even though I didn’t order the Macoco body, i think it’s because to do regular dolls is easier because they already have everything ready its just face up and sewing the clothes.

RozenGermain
11 hours ago, battrastard said:

Don't see why not.. We have a Nahida and a Klee in MDD down here in AZ, with a TinyFox 1/6 Paimon, so, anything is possible! 

(And, I'm seriously thinking of making Diona as an MDD...) 

Rick

I actually think I saw a 1/6 TinyFox Venti on twitter once, as well as an MDD of him too! Made me think of doing a TinyFox one myself, maybe Scaramouche too or something....

• Like 1

flora

It usually up to the owner on what size of doll to use for a character? I am used to resin dolls having scale determine the age/style of the character, but I like the look of mdd for teen/petite adult characters. I'm also planning to carry my dolls to conventions so smaller size works better! Tiny Fox also seems perfect for  mythical creature/fairy dolls as well. I really like the idea of a tiny Paimon! :)

• Like 1